Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: Forks

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-20-2018 @ 06:11 AM
    Thanks

Forks

I wanted to get forks for my 1025. I had my eye on Artillian as I like the other options that can be had with the 3 point hitch hook up, grapple ETC. After reading on here im a little concerned as there are possible issues with the company. I do live in Ct so I'm only about 2 hours from them.
    Any other recommendations for forks?
    2018 1025 TLB
    Frontier 60" front blade
    Heavy hitch tooth bar
    Rear tires filled with beet juice
    JD Ballist box

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichJD1025 View Post
    I wanted to get forks for my 1025. I had my eye on Artillian as I like the other options that can be had with the 3 point hitch hook up, grapple ETC. After reading on here im a little concerned as there are possible issues with the company. I do live in Ct so I'm only about 2 hours from them.
    Any other recommendations for forks?
    I don't get the value proposition of spending nearly $1000 for forks that are rated to lift 2-3 times as much as the tractor is capable. The USA made Titans that I have (with the hitch receiver) were about half that price and I cannot lift nearly their load capacity with a 3038E. The ability to add a grapple is nice if you're going to buy and use it but, again, will you actually be able to really use them to do useful work with a 1 series? Many here will recommend going with 42" forks. I went with 36" and I find that I can barely lift one of them and I'm an admittedly corpulent 60-something that can still out lift my athletic sons who actually go to the gym and workout.

Consider a frame with a headache bar if your going to lift loose materials like logs that might roll back off the top.

Al
    Last edited by AlKozak; 05-27-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    Gizmo2, Neb, wentonbrown and 2 others like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    I think you need to consider the weight of the forks you buy as the top consideration. I got forks with the purchase of my 1026R back in 2012. The forks they sold me will fit all the way up to a 5 series tractor. The forks themselves are so large and heavy that I lose a good portion of my lift capability on the forks themselves. I do not know what the titan forks weigh so I cannot comment on them but I'm sure they all list weight somewhere in their specs.

Best of luck to you.

Rich Baxter
    Robnik likes this.
    2012 1026R TLB, Countyline 3pt splitter, EMP QA Snowplow.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlKozak View Post
    The ability to add a grapple is nice if you're going to buy and use it but, again, will you actually be able to really use them to do useful work with a 1 series?
    Heck yes you can! As long as the grapple (like the forks) are lightweight and well matched to the tractor.
    rtgt, Ray_PA, mark02tj and 6 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    I don't get the value proposition of spending nearly $1000 for forks that are rated to lift 2-3 times as much as the tractor is capable.
    The value proposition on the Artillian forks is the light weight. With a 1-series, 2-series, and some other tractors every pound on the forks is one less pound you can lift. I've had loads on mine that I could just barely get off the ground. If I had a heavier set of forks it would have been a no-go.

Granted, if you have a tractor with a loader that can lift 3000 lbs having a set of 400 lb forks is much less of a concern.
    rtgt, Ray_PA, blue87fj60 and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    The ability to add a grapple is nice if you're going to buy and use it but, again, will you actually be able to really use them to do useful work with a 1 series?
    Please check out the Tractor Time with Tim YouTube videos. He demonstrates quite a bit of heavy work being done with the Artillian grapple on a 1-series.

Many here will recommend going with 42" forks. I went with 36" and I find that I can barely lift one of them and I'm an admittedly corpulent 60-something that can still out lift my athletic sons who actually go to the gym and workout.
    I have the 42" 3-inch forks but originally had the 4-inch Cascade forks which weighed about 80+ lbs each. You don't have to lift fork tines to mount them. Any forklift operator will confirm that has they have forks which weigh hundreds of pounds and no one is lifting them. The trick is to use the notch in the lower bottom rail to unhook the tine and have it resting on something like a 2x4. This will allow you to hook the tine on the top rail and get it into position without lifting it by hand.
    Last edited by jgayman; 05-27-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    rtgt, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichBaxter View Post
    I think you need to consider the weight of the forks you buy as the top consideration. I got forks with the purchase of my 1026R back in 2012. The forks they sold me will fit all the way up to a 5 series tractor. The forks themselves are so large and heavy that I lose a good portion of my lift capability on the forks themselves. I do not know what the titan forks weigh so I cannot comment on them but I'm sure they all list weight somewhere in their specs.

Best of luck to you.

Rich Baxter
    The UA Titans I have are 266lbs and cost $494 capacity 4500 lbs
    Artillians are 185 lbs and cost $769 capacity 2300 lbs

80 lbs difference

I have no particular attachment to Titan as it was the price more than anything that drove my decision.

Al

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    You don't have to lift fork tines to mount them. Any forklift operator will confirm that has they have forks which weigh hundreds of pounds and no one is lifting them. The trick is to use the notch in the lower bottom rail to unhook the tine and have it resting on something like a 2x4. This will allow you to hook the tine on the top rail and get it into position without lifting it by hand.
    That's a good idea! Right now the biggest problem I have is sliding them out to the operating position I want. There is a lot of friction on the top rail from, I assume, the powder coat used on the frame. I think I need to slather that with some grease.

Al
    Neb and Robnik like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    Same here only mine were $449 shipped.
    I have not yet encountered a time when an extra 80# capacity would have made the difference. I usually need an extra 500# but of course a 1025 isn't going to do that.

The UA Titans I have are 266lbs and cost $494 capacity 4500 lbs
    Artillians are 185 lbs and cost $769 capacity 2300 lbs

80 lbs difference

I have no particular attachment to Titan as it was the price more than anything that drove my decision.

Al
    OldmanX and Robnik like this.
    TheOtherChris
    1890 Farm House and Barn Renovation
    My New 1025r FILB now with 54" MMM
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks and seat springs
    Piranha tooth bar
    Hawkline 48" rotary tiller by Behlen Country
    72" back blade by Behlen Country
    42" forks and quicktach frame by Titan
    60" box blade by Massey
    Bomgaar's (by Fimco) 40 Gallon 3ph boom sprayer

There is a fine line between Tractor Nirvana and the Implement Poorhouse

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    That's a good idea! Right now the biggest problem I have is sliding them out to the operating position I want. There is a lot of friction on the top rail from, I assume, the powder coat used on the frame. I think I need to slather that with some grease.

Al
    My forks slide almost effortlessly across the rails, and there is no grease applied to attract dirt and make a mess out of everything. Little things like that are why some of us pay more for our fork sets.
    rtgt, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 3 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast