• 5 Post By rtgt
  • 5 Post By johncanfield

Thread: The land plane is awesome!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Thanks

The land plane is awesome!

Scraped a driveway this afternoon for a friend of mine, it was washed out some in a few places because of all the pop up thunderstorms we have had the last month or so. The land plane is the bees knees! I scraped it for him back in November with the box blade I used to have, I thought it did good but the land plane was much better and faster! It cut the hump out of the middle in no time flat and then I started filling in the washed out spots. I wish I had pictures but I had to work fast because another pop up thunder shower was moving in towards the end. Only complaint I have is that the 1025r didnít want to handle the plane when both blades were pulling a full load of gravel, I ran out of traction going up hill and would have to lift the plane a little. I should have put the suit case weights on the front instead of assuming that the bucket would be enough weight for the front.

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660
    Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
    Victory EF155 flail mower
    Gizmo2, rtgt, Levi and 7 others like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MowJoe For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2†(05-28-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    I haven't had time to play with mine yet its still strapped on the pallet and needs to be put together
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    brian
    2016 2032r, h130 fel, 62d mmm, ballast box, frontier box blade bb20065,jd I match quick hitch, frontier land plane lp1160, jd independent mower lift, kens bolt on hooks, artillian forks and front hoe bucket, r2 3" edge tamer tarter 6 foot land rake

1989 jd 826 walk behind snow blower

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    I'm envious, I will eventually get one. I think it is what I need for my driveway. My box blade can do it, but I need much more practice!
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmichael View Post
    I haven't had time to play with mine yet its still strapped on the pallet and needs to be put together
    Same here although i did put mine together and threw a tarp over it.
    I should be done on this job in June so i'm planning on a long vacation, ordering about 3 loads of crushed concrete, and land planing my butt off.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, Levi and 6 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MowJoe View Post
    Scraped a driveway this afternoon for a friend of mine, it was washed out some in a few places because of all the pop up thunderstorms we have had the last month or so. The land plane is the bees knees! I scraped it for him back in November with the box blade I used to have, I thought it did good but the land plane was much better and faster! It cut the hump out of the middle in no time flat and then I started filling in the washed out spots. I wish I had pictures but I had to work fast because another pop up thunder shower was moving in towards the end. Only complaint I have is that the 1025r didnít want to handle the plane when both blades were pulling a full load of gravel, I ran out of traction going up hill and would have to lift the plane a little. I should have put the suit case weights on the front instead of assuming that the bucket would be enough weight for the front.
    The hump in the middle is called the crown. It should be slight, but the angle from the crown to the edge allows for the water to run off to the side.
    Gizmo2, Levi, coaltrain and 2 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks
    ^^ Roger that on the crown ^^ tilt the land plane a bit and make a couple of passes on each side to restore the crown (assuming it's gone.)

A land plane is on my shopping list
    Gizmo2, rtgt, Levi and 2 others like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements