Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: FIMC 3 pt Hitch 40 gallon Sprayer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks

FIMC 3 pt Hitch 40 gallon Sprayer

Guys, trying to decide if a tow behind Fimco 30 gal at $299 or a Fimco 40 gallon 3ph at $375 would be the better buy for my 1025R. Both from Tractor Supply. Anyone have them? Both have wands and booms. Something says to me (I have not seen both, only the 3 pt) the components in the 3pt, would be better quality, cuz of not having to build the cart. Anyone have the good, bad or ugly on them?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    greenharley likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks
    Another to consider—I bought the BXpanded 25 gallon 3 point sprayer for my 1025R and am very happy with it. It is a northstar (Northern Tool brand) sprayer with a 3 point mount made by BXpanded. I liked the size and empty weight of it compared to the 40 gallon models.
    greenharley likes this.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    I have the Fimco 40 gallon sprayer and it works very well. I replaced the electrical plug with one that plugs into the 12v outlet on the fender to make it easier. If you have a 3pt hitch, I would get a sprayer setup to utilize it. It's pretty handy to be able to adjust the height of the spray quickly and effortlessly.
    Last edited by Spartazoo; 05-29-2018 at 08:49 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    My 40 gal. won't fit my iMatch.

Too short and too skinny.

It's much better than a tow behind I think; easier to get lined up on side by side passes. Plus, it's a little less room in the garage.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    I am watching this thread. I was going to build a 3pt conversion but the local Mills Fleet Farm has the 40 gallon Fimco on sale for $299 this week.

I don't have iMatch but have a cheap HF Quick hitch. I am curious on how it will mate up being I welded my top hook in place a while back...
    greenharley likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    I've only used my Fimco 40 gal twice but it has worked well. My 2 acres are bumpy and I've seen no sign of the plastic bottom leaking. I replaced the washer on the drain, but other than that it has been problem free.

I plan to use it to spray water on an area I need to work with my loader to keep the dust down.

I lost the spray tip on the wand, and they mailed me a free replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    I have the TSC 40 gallon FIMCO three point unit and it is a good piece of equipment. I use Round Up and SURFLAN in a tank mix with surficant and it sprays well with the boom or hand sprayer.

I did upgrade the plastic boom spray nozzles with brass tee jet brand spray nozzles and heads.

I have pasture areas that are bumpy and hilly so the three point works out best.

I've sprayed about 900 gallons through it so far in the past two years with no issue.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    I am watching this thread. I was going to build a 3pt conversion but the local Mills Fleet Farm has the 40 gallon Fimco on sale for $299 this week.

I don't have iMatch but have a cheap HF Quick hitch. I am curious on how it will mate up being I welded my top hook in place a while back...
    Problem is if you ship it is an additional 98 bucks due to size. Looks like TS is a good deal. Now if they'd put it on sale!

greenharley likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post

Fleet farm does have it on sale. Must.........resist.........urge........

Been pondering switching to liquid spray instead of granulated as the granulated has gotten ridiculously expensive, even the store branded stuff. Plus the liquid is rain fast quicker from what I’ve read. I’m tired of having to find four straight days of no rain for granulated weed killer to be applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    greenharley likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Problem is if you ship it is an additional 98 bucks due to size. Looks like TS is a good deal. Now if they'd put it on sale!

Yeah, I figured it would be cost prohibitive to ship for you. I mainly posted the link in the event someone that had a store near them might take advantage of the sale. Just be sure to leave me one at the Oakdale location.
    greenharley likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast