Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: post driver for 4400 compact tractor

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-22-2015 @ 08:54 AM
    Thanks

post driver for 4400 compact tractor

Hello all: This is my first post. I have read some of the posts for attaching a post driver to a tractor and am still very confused. I have a john deere 4400, a great little tractor, bought it new and still love it. I want to buy a shaver 8d post driver and attach it to my tractor. My tractor has no rear hyd. and does have the 420 loader. Can someone tell my the best way to get rear hyd power for that driver? I have been to the john deere dealer and saw the rear kit but still do not understand how it attaches. Also, If I put the jd kit on do I still have 3 pt power? Thanks for any help.
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1953 View Post
    Hello all: This is my first post. I have read some of the posts for attaching a post driver to a tractor and am still very confused. I have a john deere 4400, a great little tractor, bought it new and still love it. I want to buy a shaver 8d post driver and attach it to my tractor. My tractor has no rear hyd. and does have the 420 loader. Can someone tell my the best way to get rear hyd power for that driver? I have been to the john deere dealer and saw the rear kit but still do not understand how it attaches. Also, If I put the jd kit on do I still have 3 pt power? Thanks for any help.
    Mike
    Which rear hyd kit are you looking at? Power beyond or a 3rd rear SCV?

With the power beyond (running the backhoe) on my 2032R the 3 pt does not function, with the PB hose looped (not in use) the 3 pt works, not sure about your 4400.

The 3rd rear SCV would give you independent hyd capabilities, but it's a much more expensive kit and more work to install-not to mention it works differently so without knowing what kind of hyd power your post driver wants I can't say which type is appropriate.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Welcome to GTT Mike!

Your 4400 already has 3rd SCV, (#1 and #2 is for the loader connected to the joystick), just no way to control it. JD has (actually had since these are 10+ years old) a kit to control it, it added the handle, hardlines, hardware, couplers, ect to use the valve.

The part number is LVBM19695: John Deere 3RD SCV KIT LVBM19694

Click image for larger version.

Name:	4400.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	37938

Now, since this is a post driver, there are some complications, but doable. Shaver recommends a "unrestricted" return path for the fluid so the ram can drop very quickly, some guys make a adapter that covers the tranny fill hole so they can hook the hose there as its simple and cheap.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

post driver

I saw the power beyond at the john deere dealer, I believe it was $406. The shaver post driver has the control valve and I would prefer to use it. The tech. at john deere suggested I by pass the driver control valve and use loader valve to control the the driver, I believer that would work but am still a little fuzzy about that process. I have seen that dumping the return line from the post driver into the fill hole on this site. I am in douglass, Kansas and the closest dealer for the post driver is in Vinita okla. the weather has been bad here and have not gotten down there to see those post drivers in person. Thanks for the replys.
    Mike

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

post driver

thanks for the info. on that 3rd svc kit. that would be a good addition for my little tractor as I sometimes use a cement mixer on the back, I have been using the loader ports for mixer. I wish jd would publish the kits they have for these little tractors. My tractor has a little over 1600 hours on it and as said above I just love it. I have thought about getting a new one with a cab, but could not get into my sheds to clean them out. But that cab would good in the summer and winter.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements