Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: New 60" and 66" snow blade for JD compacts

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-26-2019 @ 02:20 PM
    Thanks

New 60" and 66" snow blade for JD compacts

Hey all, wanting some opinions on this.. Im thinking about getting one of these blades and trying to decide which size to get.. I have both a 2305 and 2520 with quick hitches for both.. More than likely, I would be using the blade on the 2305. Im sure it would handle the 60" fine, but not sure about the 66"... For $25 more what do you do? Im gonna email them and ask if they have any measurements of ground clearance of the blade full up and angled on both mounted on a 2210/2305. Tractor pictured is a 2320..

NEW 60" Snow Plow-John Deere Compact
    DRobinson, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NEWT For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-12-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 1,120 Posts

snow plow

Newt ; hi; them are nice looking blades, look's almost like deeres own, just painted green, and price seems fair too. I can't remember how much wider I made mine, but after extending width, when u pick it up which ever way is angled it sits lower to the ground. it still clears ground just not as high before widening it. but at least rear tire not running in windrow of snow. thanks for showing. Big Jim
    Levi likes this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

NEWT (01-12-2015)

6. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks
    Interesting. Never heard of this company. Seems to be ctattachments.com

I've never heard of them before so have no idea of the quality of their products.

I think with the 2305 I'd stick with the 60". I'm sure you could push a 66" plow in 3"-4" of snow but in a 18" storm you may start running into problems.
    Levi likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

NEWT (01-12-2015)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    Newt ; hi; them are nice looking blades, look's almost like deeres own, just painted green, and price seems fair too. I can't remember how much wider I made mine, but after extending width, when u pick it up which ever way is angled it sits lower to the ground. it still clears ground just not as high before widening it. but at least rear tire not running in windrow of snow. thanks for showing. Big Jim
    Very nice looking blade , have never figured out why Deere doesn't offer a true heavy made ,taller blade for Series 1 & 2 tractors. Look at some of the other brand tractors and they put a blade , nice size cutting edge and large shoes compared to the thin piece of metal Deere calls a CUTTING EDGE AND SHOES NOT WORTH the metal they were made from to be used in gravel. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Same for me, I added I think 5-6" on each side of 47 blade. Worked great on the 2305 , but if you have sloping ground I wouldn't go over 60" with a sub comp tractor . Because when angled the blade comes very close to dragging.
    Last edited by etcallhome; 01-12-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and JimR like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

NEWT (01-12-2015)

11. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Just as an FYI, If you'd rather use your loader arms and want to be able to swap a plow between your tractors, you might also want to look at Michigan Iron's plow unit. It'll cost more but it stacking snow is an issue it might be worth the added cost.
    Carvel Loafer, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

NEWT (01-12-2015)

13. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    The front dethatcher on their site is interesting. 60" wide and uses the hydraulic cylinder from the JD quick hitch to raise and lower it. Best part it's only 300 bucks. Malone wisconsin is where it says they are located and that's only 40 miles north of me.

EDIT: If you go to the www.compacttractorattachments.com link it takes you to another web page. If you click on any link on this page you get redirected to www.everythingattachments.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 01-12-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and JimR like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

14. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    The front dethatcher on their site is interesting. 60" wide and uses the hydraulic cylinder from the JD quick hitch to raise and lower it. Best part it's only 300 bucks. Malone wisconsin is where it says they are located and that's only 40 miles north of me.
    Sounds like time for a road trip!

I'm wondering how much their plows weigh. With 1/4" steel and the added height I have to wonder how much of a beating they put on a QuckHitch. The only thing they list a weight on is their grapple (which actually looks kinda nice!).
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

15. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-26-2019 @ 02:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Just as an FYI, If you'd rather use your loader arms and want to be able to swap a plow between your tractors, you might also want to look at Michigan Iron's plow unit. It'll cost more but it stacking snow is an issue it might be worth the added cost.
    Not at all interested in a loader mounted blade..
    etcallhome likes this.

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks

I'm wondering how much their plows weigh. With 1/4" steel and the added height I have to wonder how much of a beating they put on a QuckHitch. The only thing they list a weight on is their grapple (which actually looks kinda nice!).
    And I just happen to have this coming Friday off

They show the grapple as weighing 195 pounds including the hydraulic cylinder. They list the blades as being 24" tall as made from 1/4" steel. Bet them weigh more than the Deere 54".

I think a road trip is definately in order.
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 01-12-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

17. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 1,120 Posts

JimR. that is another problem, the quick hitch IMHO isn't gonna stand to much beating with my extra weight that I put on sides, I guess when it goes, i'll just do like billstmaxx did to his and weld up one heavy enough to stand pushing more than 50 foot drriveways in the subuards. Boy cheese train wished I lived closer I go with u on the road trip. Big Jim p.s. I don't think I would be back home before wife got off work!
    Levi likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast