• 1 Post By IndianaJim
  • 1 Post By Tractor Tim

Thread: Attachment Storage options

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks

Attachment Storage options

I have gotten many great ideas from reading postings and thought I would share how I store my attachments. My garage is 16 x 24 with 12 foot ceilings. I installed 4 inch I-beams with trolleys and chain hoists to lift things up and move "stuff" around. Everything is on wheels and rollers so I can move things around and get equipment out when I need to use it. Most of the stands I built. I used hardware from harbor freight, menards, homedepot, fleet &farm, you get the idea - I cannibalized what I had to build the various carriers.

I hope you will find some of what I put together useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storage Snowblower.jpg   storage rack backhoe.jpg   storage pallet forks.jpg   storage hanging loader.jpg   storage backhoe pallet forks mowerdeck.jpg  

storage backhoe bucket backblade.jpg   storage backhoe bucket backblade pallet forks mowerdeck.jpg  
    Bubber, mark02tj, keane and 8 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    Looks good!

Im still looking at different things for ideas. Unfortunately, Ive got 8' walls in my garage, and that really stinks for storage, and getting the tractor in and out since I have to fold the ROPS.
    Ive seen lots of guys use those scaffold sections too, I guess because they can be rolled around.
    What I prefer is the pallet racking, but I cant seem to find a decent (read: cheap) price on them. Ive found used, but they are usually pretty rusty if the price is right, and for the price I see most often, I can get new, though less heavy duty (but still more capacity than I need) at Menards.
    greenharley and Robnik like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    Ya - I bit the bullet and got some racks from Menards too for the rest of the shop. I looked for pallet racking like you did but I came up with the same result as you did.

I added a picture of actually using my backhoe to plant trees at one of my daughter's house.

I too have to drop the roll bar as my garage door is too short and it too has a few dings where I forgot about it going in. I am wrestling with how to shorten (cheaply and easily) the roll bar. The family didn't bite when I suggested a nice new tall garage for Father's Day!

Here's the rest of the garage. Sorry about a couple of the sideways pictures - the darn thing doesn't seem to like rotated pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161120_183305.jpg   IMG_0286.jpg   20161120_183249.jpg   IMG_0945.jpg   Overhead 2.jpg  

IMG_0131.jpg  
    blue87fj60, greenharley and rakane like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 05:32 PM
    Thanks
    American warehouse equipment two locations east and west coast
    I've installed a couple systems for them and was amazed at the prices and bought some to use for my personal stuff
    keane and greenharley like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Thanks
    I like that hanging boat. I had a passing thought of asking my builder to include hoists to lift and bottom paint mine. Then I thought about the price. I'll order stands.

That racking system looks great. Good use of center of gravity on those forks.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm about a month out for my guy to start building.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    greenharley and CADplans like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    I like that hanging boat.

If boats were meant to be in the air,,, they would have WINGS!!

Looks great,, I love my upstairs shed storage,, I would be lost without it,,,
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Looks good!

Im still looking at different things for ideas. Unfortunately, Ive got 8' walls in my garage, and that really stinks for storage, and getting the tractor in and out since I have to fold the ROPS.
    Ive seen lots of guys use those scaffold sections too, I guess because they can be rolled around.
    What I prefer is the pallet racking, but I cant seem to find a decent (read: cheap) price on them. Ive found used, but they are usually pretty rusty if the price is right, and for the price I see most often, I can get new, though less heavy duty (but still more capacity than I need) at Menards.
    Jim,
    Are you in central Indiana? If so, I can point you to the pallet racking "recycling" place I used. They have a HUGE selection of used racking.
    Kennyd, IndianaJim and greenharley like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    Jim,
    Are you in central Indiana? If so, I can point you to the pallet racking "recycling" place I used. They have a HUGE selection of used racking.
    Thanks! That would be great.
    Im close, up in Kokomo.
    greenharley likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Thanks! That would be great.
    Im close, up in Kokomo.
    East side of Indy.

Here is a craigslist ad. He has had the same photos on Craigslist since before I bought mine (3 yrs).
    Used Pallet Racking

Bruce 317 379 2500

He has all shapes and sizes. measure your space before you go. This group is used to working with larger customers, but they were happy to work with me.
    IndianaJim likes this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements