School me on Box Blades - Please!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: School me on Box Blades - Please!!!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 03:29 PM
    Thanks

School me on Box Blades - Please!!!

Looking for a box blade for my 2520 and am unsure what brands to look for or stay away from. Also what size to get? I know Frontier, Land Pride and King Kutter are a few of the brands I've seen locally. I know the Frontier will work with my JD Quick Hitch but its also the priciest of the 3. Any help would be great!
    JD 2520, 200cx loader, I-Match Quick Hitch, Ballast box, Kens Bolt on Hooks, Homebuilt 42"Pallet Forks, Temp gauge installed, Edge Tamers, Work lights

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    I cant say one way or the other about other brands, but soon Ill be ordering a 4.5' box blade from Everything Attachments.
    I like the slightly wider than 4' but less than 5' wide stuff. Wide enough to cover the tread width, not so wide I cant maneuver it in tight areas. I want to use it on a few trails in the woods, and a 5' would be just a bit too wide.
    Im doing the same with a tiller.
    BigJim55, TJR345 and PJR832 like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Most of the new box blades (and other attachments) are listed as quick hitch compatible. I specifically checked King Kutter and Land Pride and both list as quick hitch compatible. Whatever, you choose, just make sure it is listed as quick hitch compatible. Only JD or Frontier will likely use the term iMatch compatible as that is their brand name.

Dave
    BigJim55, TJR345, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks

Video on EA

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    I cant say one way or the other about other brands, but soon Ill be ordering a 4.5' box blade from Everything Attachments.
    I like the slightly wider than 4' but less than 5' wide stuff. Wide enough to cover the tread width, not so wide I cant maneuver it in tight areas. I want to use it on a few trails in the woods, and a 5' would be just a bit too wide.
    Im doing the same with a tiller.
    I think Everything Attachments also has a pretty good video on buying and using a box blade. Fair disclosure, I saw the video before purchasing a BB on CL even though it didn't have the curved moldboard or clevis hitch that EA recommends.

They were right in their recommendations, those two things would make a better BB but I saved quite a few bucks and don't use it that much. However if you anticipate frequent use, I would follow their recommendations.

Treefarmer
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodsrx View Post
    Looking for a box blade for my 2520 and am unsure what brands to look for or stay away from. Also what size to get? I know Frontier, Land Pride and King Kutter are a few of the brands I've seen locally. I know the Frontier will work with my JD Quick Hitch but its also the priciest of the 3. Any help would be great!
    The real question is how do you plan to use the Box Blade? Do you have driveways or road surfaces?

If so, you need to be able to "tilt" the box blade to create road grades. Everything attachments web site does a pretty good job of showing the features and benefits of their different box blades. I would suggest watching their You Tube videos as it will help teach you about what the different features and benefits of their different products.

Once you see what the different products / features can do, it will help you select brands to consider......as many of the different brands don't offer the same abilities to do different things, like offset angling, turning the blade completely around, etc., which you will see demonstrated in the you tube videos.
    mjncad, ejb69, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    I have bought my box blade and other attachments from the dealer I bought my 1025r

If the attachment does not work as promised or there are connect issues the dealer has to fix it. Also because I bought the attachment from them if something breaks the tractor the dealer has to fis it. They can not say that the damage is the implements fault and that fixing the tractor will not be done under warranty.

Extra cost yes. Peace of mind YES!
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I think Everything Attachments also has a pretty good video on buying and using a box blade. Fair disclosure, I saw the video before purchasing a BB on CL even though it didn't have the curved moldboard or clevis hitch that EA recommends.

They were right in their recommendations, those two things would make a better BB but I saved quite a few bucks and don't use it that much. However if you anticipate frequent use, I would follow their recommendations.

Treefarmer
    Treefarmer,
    I started to write my response probably while you were writing and posting yours on this thread. A friend called and I got distracted looking up convicted felons for him on the internet so by time I posted, our two great minds had very similar ideas.......Amazing how that happens.....

My friend owns Mobile Home park communities and he works hard to try and keep trouble out of them. So when he does get an application from someone who indicates an arrest history, I search their public records for him because I am much more proficient at it than he is.....Absolutely stunning the stuff I often see......One guy had multiple felony convictions already and at age 25, he has already served two, two year terms and is on Parole again......One guy I looked up had 7 different Felony weapons violations, except he was going to be busy as a resident of the state until 2062.....That's another 44 years and he was 44 years old. 2062 was his EARLIEST release date.......There are multiple people with the same name......

It was pretty funny because the one guy's name was something very simple like "Mike Karpentier" and his Alias was ASAD-ABDUL-MIKAL-AZIZ RASHAD, not something which just "rolls off the tongue".......
    mjncad, BigJim55, mark02tj and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste View Post
    I have bought my box blade and other attachments from the dealer I bought my 1025r

If the attachment does not work as promised or there are connect issues the dealer has to fix it. Also because I bought the attachment from them if something breaks the tractor the dealer has to fis it. They can not say that the damage is the implements fault and that fixing the tractor will not be done under warranty.

Extra cost yes. Peace of mind YES!
    All of my implements are from the Deere dealer. While I could have shopped around, when my tractor was delivered, all of the implements were fully set up and had been on the tractor and the I match was already adjusted to accommodate all of the various implements. I like the idea of having one group of people to deal with. I was there today and they are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. Plus, I wrote one check and was done with the whole deal, which was nice.

While the Frontier stuff list prices are higher, there wasn't a single implement which I bought that I paid the retail price for. So, it's also important to make sure to know what the actual purchase price is from the dealer, as it is likely less than the list price, perhaps much less.......

One source for all the parts in the future. One color of touch up paint, one companies service technicians to deal with......I like the simplicity, plus everything fits and works exactly like it should.

I would also say that I have heard nothing but good things about Everything Attachments. If they had something I wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

There are bunch of products sold on the internet I would want NO part of.........Cheap steel, poor quality, etc.
    mjncad, BigJim55, TJR345 and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodsrx View Post
    I’ve got the frontier bb2060 on my 2520. Love it. Very heavy duty and just the right width. I wouldn’t recommend going narrower or you won’t cover your tires in the wide position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    03-09-2019 @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks
    i also have the EA 54" boxblade, its very well built. They even did mine in JD Green. Because my clay and rocks are so hard i set 10 suitcase weights on the outer edges when using the rippers to give it the 'instant' weight of a full box.
    North585, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2018 1025R TLB | iMatch | LandShark 54" BB | KK 5' Professional Tiller | Titan Forks | TM-86H Chipper | Toothbar & Backhoe Ripping Blade | 10 Suitcase Weights

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast