Picking up a Woods Rotery Cutter today!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Picking up a Woods Rotery Cutter today!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Thanks

Picking up a Woods Rotery Cutter today!

Got a great deal on a 5' Woods Brush Hog picking it this morning for $200.00 and it includes a set of extra blades too! It is from a neibor that is moving near us I know. It has not been used much except when I get it I have a lot of work for it to do. Thinking of mowing for $50.00 a hour around here and maybe some grading work for extra bucks to buy toys with for my JD4044M! Pictures later of it. Did get a nice 18HP Craftsman 42" Mower to make a Lawn Tractor out of for free. It was dropped off here? Runs great after I fixed the plugged fuel problem it had in a few mins. I won't mow with it just drive around and pull a little trailer once in a while on the place fixing fences ETC. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1702.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	636438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1715.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	636440I was also given a 12HP one a little smaller I can mow the fence line with that runs also. When it rains it pours around here!! Had to buy new back tires for both? Tread was like new just the rubber was old and cracked!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    $200 60" Woods brush hog - sweet!
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Sweet deal!
    etcallhome and JD4044M like this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Mowing for yourself with that 5ft brush hog would be one thing, but mowing for someone else would get tiring pretty quickly. I am planning on accepting a few jobs with my 10ft brush hog, but I would not even think about doing it for $50 per hour.

Dave
    etcallhome and JD4044M like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (06-29-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks
    I charge by the acre, so the fewer you have, the more it costs. I use the mowerplus II app to track how many acres. I just did 8 acres yesterday in about 3 hours with the 4510 and woods BB60X. Thats about $14-18/hr or so. Not bad for extra equipment funding.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    I charge by the acre, so the fewer you have, the more it costs. I use the mowerplus II app to track how many acres. I just did 8 acres yesterday in about 3 hours with the 4510 and woods BB60X. Thats about $14-18/hr or so. Not bad for extra equipment funding.

Nice app. I downloaded it, but it could not find a mower for me. It seems to be more about lawn and garden tractors. I use a 110 inch RFM for my yard and have been using it for rough cut also, but now I will be using my 10ft Rhino brush hog for rough cut. I had a 6ft Rhino, but it was not big enough for me to bother with. Early in the year before the ground gets hard, I can do 10 acres an hour with the RFM at full speed in B range. Later, when the ground gets hard and rough, I have to cut down to 6MPH or so, which reduces the amount of acreage I can cut per hour. With the 10ft Rhino, I will go as fast as I can in B range, but will likely be around 5-6MPH, so about 5-6 acres an hour. This might be faster or slower, depending on what I am cutting. With these numbers, you can see why I have to charge more per hour. However, I normally charge by the job, so the customer knows in advance what his cost is going to be.

Another thing that is important: Customer must state whether there is anything in the brush that could damage my equipment. If he says no, then he is advised that if there happens to be something hidden in the brush, he is responsible for the cost of the damage. I always have the bucket on the loader when mowing a property for the first time and keep it real close to the ground (tilted up) to give warning of any stumps, etc.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (06-29-2018)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks

It is a M5 Rotery Cutter

OK I picked it up not new but I still think a good deal. It is the older M5 and it is hooked to my tractor right now to try mowing with it. The PTO Shaft was not long enough cause someone had cut it to shorten it for some stupid reason?? I will get a new one later with a proper shield but I just cut and welded up the shaft 6" longer. Spun it up to PTO Speed and it was smooth or smoother then when it was to short. Just want to know how it cuts ect before putting any money into it. It came with a set of extra blades and the ones on it look OK. I might even paint mine if it runs good??? This is the model I have.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodsm53point5widerotarymower-3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	636448 I will take my camera with me when I try it out after lunch.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    For that price , even if you had to buy a set of blades that would have been a good dear.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks

OK Here it is and yes it cuts! First for me in 21 years!!

Just had to much fun mowing but saved 60+ acres I can still do later. Cuts nice even with dull blades there now sharp. Been out mowing for a few hours and mowed the Lake Pasture down to a better eating height. I took some pictures of the area I mowed. Mowed a nice Fire Break the whole length of the property line on one side and on both sides of the side road.

I can do this all day and enjoy it long as I don't hit any ROCKS! Hit a couple small ones in 3 plus hours of mowing. Haft was in unknown tall grass and I found a couple small rocks the mower just ate for breakfast! It did make crappy tall looking pasture nice looking for eating again. The pictures are taken near the riding arena next to a area the water goes thru when it is high by the Lake. Coat of paint sure would help on the looks department? Plus I will buy a new PTO Shaft if for nothing except safety reasons it is worth it, there covered this one isn't! It would just suck in what ever got near it when spinning. Picture Problem??
    Last edited by JD4044M; 06-29-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    1010 likes this.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks

Pictures not working to post for me?

Not sure why I just did one but the place I need to put it in is gone? Maybe later it will work if I refresh my computer.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast