Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Subsoiler stand?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks

Subsoiler stand?

does anybody know of a sub soiler stand and where I can get one to keep my sub soiler standing up when i take it off the 3 point

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    I moved your thread to the correct forum and changed the title so you get more views.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,598 Times in 1,216 Posts
    I'm not sure which subsoiler you have but if you do a Google search for "subsoiler parking stand" you will see a few examples. Most of these are a bit tipsy and I wouldn't trust them if you had any kids around.

I have a JD PS10-series subsoiler which is quick hitch compatible. I was originally going to come up with a stand but seeing how unstable they are I decided against it. I keep it laying on its side next to my rear blade. When it's time to hook it up I simply stand it up with the backbone against my blade and it stays there so I can grab it with the quick hitch.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Hi,

There are a few ways to accomplish want you want to do:

1. Engage the subsoiler in your "parking" area where you keep the other implements and sink it into the ground about 8-10 inches and then unhook it. This is what we do on our ranch for large and small rippers.

2. Get a 1" pipe (about 2 - 3 inch pipe nipple) and weld it to the subsoiler frame (one on each side for more stability). Then slip 3/4" pipe inside and clamp it to retain (or drill holes for a slip pin). You can weld another piece of pipe perpendicular to the vertical pipe for more stability on the ground.

Yes, as others said, tell kids to stay away-- it isn't a toy to ride. (just like a rotary harrow isn't a toy to ride)
    ateasegardens likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I moved your thread to the correct forum and changed the title so you get more views.
    thanks

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I have a JD PS10-series subsoiler which is quick hitch compatible.
    When it's time to hook it up I simply stand it up with the backbone against my blade and it stays there so I can grab it with the quick hitch.
    only problem for me is I'm disabled and getting on the tractor is tough enough
    I also have the same subsoiler and JD quick hitch

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ateasegardens View Post
    only problem for me is I'm disabled and getting on the tractor is tough enough
    I also have the same subsoiler and JD quick hitch
    That's a tough one. The subsoiler isn't as bad as a post hole digger but it is a somewhat unwieldy implement to mount/unmount. What tractor are you using? Some tractors can barely get the subsoiler off the ground which could make a parking stand tricky.

Do you have access to welder to fabricate something or were you looking for something ready-made and commercially available?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    That's a tough one. The subsoiler isn't as bad as a post hole digger but it is a somewhat unwieldy implement to mount/unmount. What tractor are you using? Some tractors can barely get the subsoiler off the ground which could make a parking stand tricky.

Do you have access to welder to fabricate something or were you looking for something ready-made and commercially available?
    I have a 1025r
    no more welding equipment looking for someone that could build it or has one ready made

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ateasegardens View Post
    I have a 1025r
    no more welding equipment looking for someone that could build it or has one ready made
    Do you have someone who can help you attach it? When I first got mine I just had someone hold it upright until I backed up to it and grabbed it with the quick hitch. When detaching we just layed it over. It was only later that I discovered I could lean it against the back blade.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    It strikes me that a rectangular frame made from PT wood with one of the top cross pieces omitted would work just fine and be easy as hell to fabricate.

Al

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast