Options for Finish Mowing with my 4066R

Thread: Options for Finish Mowing with my 4066R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks

Options for Finish Mowing with my 4066R

I just bought a 2018 4066R and I LOVE this tractor.
    I'm looking for ideas, suggestions on a finish mower, before I decide on one.

So far, I'm looking at a Frontier Gm1190R 90" rear mount rear discharge mower. I like that width for my area. I'm just curious if there are other, or different options I should be looking at? I have mine set up so the front end loader has a skid steer quick attach plate on it and a set of hydraulic couplers plumbed to the loader.

I'd be using the I Match, so the quick hitch is a must for me.

I have about 7 acres to mow, but I don't mow it all every time. I have a X734 for the front lawn of the house, so I'm not worried about the tractor leaving marks on the field areas and such.
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    Dave will be along I'm sure to help better than I can, but the 90" frontier sounds like a great match to your 4066

Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    I run an 84" on my 2720 so you'll have no problem with a 90" with only issue with this big a of mower is scalping as it doesn't contour to the terrain. The next step up would be a bat wing mower but then the cost goes up.
    Last edited by clayh; 07-11-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I just bought a 2018 4066R and I LOVE this tractor.
    I'm looking for ideas, suggestions on a finish mower, before I decide on one.

So far, I'm looking at a Frontier Gm1190R 90" rear mount rear discharge mower. I like that width for my area. I'm just curious if there are other, or different options I should be looking at? I have mine set up so the front end loader has a skid steer quick attach plate on it and a set of hydraulic couplers plumbed to the loader.

I'd be using the I Match, so the quick hitch is a must for me.

I have about 7 acres to mow, but I don't mow it all every time. I have a X734 for the front lawn of the house, so I'm not worried about the tractor leaving marks on the field areas and such.
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    You can handle more than the 90 inch RFM. I bought the biggest one I could get when I got my 4066R and that was a 110 inch Befco model C70-110. It has a couple of advantages: it has swinging blades like a brush hog and it has an optional quick hitch adapter which I have and would not be without it as I have an iMatch quickhitch. BEFCO - Products - Finishing Mowers - Cyclone C70 Pic below when it was new. After 4 summers, it does not look like that anymore. I figured that I had a new tractor, why try to work with an old mower, so I went with a new one. When mowing my yard, it does not even kick in the turbo, so fuel usage is minimal, even with the big RFM.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Befco C70 110d.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	638302
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements