• 1 Post By ohioclayguy
  • 1 Post By HomesteadJoe

Thread: 270B Storage Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 05:23 AM
    Thanks

270B Storage Question

Has anyone else had problems with the curl leaking down during storage? This causes the frame in the front to raise off the ground high enough that it won't slide under the hitch when backing over it to attach the hoe. Maybe there is something I'm missing but when I detach all is well and the front frame is resting on the ground where it should be. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioclayguy View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the curl leaking down during storage? This causes the frame in the front to raise off the ground high enough that it won't slide under the hitch when backing over it to attach the hoe. Maybe there is something I'm missing but when I detach all is well and the front frame is resting on the ground where it should be. Thanks for any suggestions.
    When storing your 270B, you must move the boom lock pin (large diameter pin) from the "transport" position into the "storage" position. This will eliminate your bucket curl problem and keep the frame on the ground. This procedure is written in the instruction/operators manual for the 270B. I can post a photo if you need one.

Sincerely
    North585 likes this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Xmission Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket, Tooth Bar, Single Point Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, WR Long 3rd Function Hyd, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger with Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    When storing your 270B, you must move the boom lock pin (large diameter pin) from the "transport" position into the "storage" position. This will eliminate your bucket curl problem and keep the frame on the ground. This procedure is written in the instruction/operators manual for the 270B. I can post a photo if you need one.

Sincerely
    Well I did make that mistake the first time I disconnected and thought that getting it in the correct position would solve that problem but it didn't. When the bucket curl bleeds off it effectively makes the back end shorter allowing the front frame to come off the ground since the pivot point is basically about where the stabilizers attach.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I did make that mistake the first time I disconnected and thought that getting it in the correct position would solve that problem but it didn't. When the bucket curl bleeds off it effectively makes the back end shorter allowing the front frame to come off the ground since the pivot point is basically about where the stabilizers attach.
    The bucket will not/cannot curl when stored correctly as I described. I can post some photos tonight showing you what I attempted to describe previously. A picture is worth a thousand words....

Sincerely
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Xmission Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket, Tooth Bar, Single Point Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, WR Long 3rd Function Hyd, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger with Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    The bucket will not/cannot curl when stored correctly as I described. I can post some photos tonight showing you what I attempted to describe previously. A picture is worth a thousand words....

Sincerely
    Hmm well maybe it's because I have a serious lack of level ground? I know I have the boom pin in the storage position (as opposed to the transport position) and it looked great when I detached but two weeks later the bucket has curled.

A pic or two would be great though because maybe there is something I'm missing.
    HomesteadJoe likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hmm well maybe it's because I have a serious lack of level ground? I know I have the boom pin in the storage position (as opposed to the transport position) and it looked great when I detached but two weeks later the bucket has curled.

A pic or two would be great though because maybe there is something I'm missing.
    To be clear, the bucket should be curled in when the storage position such that the bucket teeth are laying on the ground pointing forward..... The attached photos show my 270B sitting on the floor in my shed with stabilizers up, bucket curled (but not with teeth laying on the ground as described above) and boom lock pin in the storage position. It's been sitting there rock solid for the last 3 weeks and no change.... That's how I always store it, even if I only remove it temporarily in the middle of a job to use my 3PH for a different implement..... Comes off in 2 minutes.... I hope this helps.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BA05B2E2-86F5-4EFD-A632-1FFF43361D49_1531436388829.jpg   B09BEE79-2C46-4705-AC9E-F2D9D71F8AAD_1531436414749.jpg   BA328A19-3488-43C2-888F-427C1AE81891_1531436430551.jpg   9D14F459-3CEC-4AAE-9E28-8F29A011B7E0_1531436443326.jpg   AC77B595-DCB0-4726-8AB4-2DF9E2F7B182_1531436460761.jpg  

Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 07-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    North585 likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

ohioclayguy (07-13-2018)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe. That's how I had mine set up when removed but then the bucket curled completely(I don't think your bucket is completely curled?) which lowers that end and raises the frame.

Now I'm wondering if it's because I hooked the hydraulic lines together for storage which allowed it to bleed off easier. Do you hook your lines together? I have to store mine outside so I was trying to keep excesss dirt out of the lines while in storage. Being stored outside I am also not a big fan of having the bucket in the position they recommend because it just traps all the water obviously.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements