What MMM were offered on the 2720? Specifically the 72"

Thread: What MMM were offered on the 2720? Specifically the 72"

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks

What MMM were offered on the 2720? Specifically the 72"

So I have the 72C deck for my 2720 and am really unhappy with the cut. Its a really shallow deck and doesn't have enough vacuum to pull the grass back up after the front wheels lay it down. I've use a RFM on this tractor and even with 4 wheels laying the grass down I don't have the strips of uncut grass left behind. The 72C is not a 7 Iron deck like the decks on my zero turn or old front deck F932.

I noticed that the 3 series uses a 72" 7 Iron deck, 72D, and is a lot deeper than my 72C. The one I saw was auto connect so I doubt it would swap onto my 2720 without a lot of expensive parts.

So does anyone have a 72D or similar on their 2720?

And yes I have a blade gauge and have tried numerous different adjustments. The grass I cut is longer than most people and I mow the same grass/length with a Zturn, front deck mower and rear finish mower without having strips of uncut grass left behind.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    I've got a 62D on my 2013ish 2720. It doesn't leave uncut grass, but dallis grass and tall fescue stalks sometimes don't get completely cut when I let them get around two or three feet tall. My yard is rough and hilly, so I only cut it once every week or two. It's not your typical subdivision type yard. My biggest problem with the 62D is the divots that the front wheels leave when cutting on slopes or turns. Mine are adjusted to only touch the ground on ocassion, but on hilly ground they remove chunks pretty often.

Here's my yard after a cut when the dog is fertilizing: https://youtu.be/XJ3wgm3zJw8

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements