Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gkwpnut

Thread: Frontier gm 3060 belt

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks

Frontier gm 3060 belt

Servicing my finish mower today and notice belt is frayed and soon to be replaced. Frontier GM 3060 part # 5WP20644 which is about $75 which seemed high. Any ideas on size or cross reference part?
    Thanks
    gary

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkwpnut View Post
    Servicing my finish mower today and notice belt is frayed and soon to be replaced. Frontier GM 3060 part # 5WP20644 which is about $75 which seemed high. Any ideas on size or cross reference part?
    Thanks
    gary

I have the same deck and I replaced the original with a B 113 . Not sure if you've got around to changing it yet but I've never been able to slide the belt on by using their instructions. I have to take out all 4 of the bolts that hold the plate the gearbox is bolted onto then wrestle the belt on the back pulley. But I am also using the quick hitch attachment .

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks

belt

Purchased belt for 60 inch Woods mower and works perfect at less than 1/2 price. I was able to remove the front 2 bolts and pry up enough to get belt under but did have to loosen the belt guide adjustment to get belt on. Its a hard pull to get around last pulley but a pretty easy job.
    kylew and Steve O like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,582 Posts
    The 54" deck on the SIL now 2 yr old x738 is frayed ,,according to JD dealer this is normal..JD put a different covering but the belt it self is OK.. They did send me a new belt , it is still in the box, the mower now has over 150 hrs .

Maybe same thing for yours.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkwpnut View Post
    Purchased belt for 60 inch Woods mower and works perfect at less than 1/2 price. I was able to remove the front 2 bolts and pry up enough to get belt under but did have to loosen the belt guide adjustment to get belt on. Its a hard pull to get around last pulley but a pretty easy job.
    I found that using a 1/2" breaker bar with a 1/2 to 3/8 " adapter and use a 3/4 socket on the spring pulley get's the belt on a lot easier . I never thought about using the Wood's mower deck as a reference . I just took the old belt to a supply house and had them match up a new with old.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    A number of years ago.
    The belt on my old tractor MMM deck blew up with a resounding bang...
    With no other local option at the time it was bite the bullet and get a JD replacement. When the replacement was available, I was in a position to immediately take it to a NAPA parts store (as I remember) and they measured and got a Gates (?) same size and length belt.

I installed the parts store belt and mowed for twice as long as the OEM belt lasted. When I sold the tractor I suspect that belt is till running as well as it was for me.

I returned, or more appropriately exchanged the OEM belt for filters and other small parts I could use. Hey, it's my money.

Your millage may differ.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Thanks
    Been buying belts to fit my Lawn Tractor I was re/building. I found JD belt even tho Gates makes them (right on the package in fine print) for $50.00 I got my 2 needed belts??? Went to the local Ag Store and there $11.00 each? So I decided to by the others after the $25.00 belt got ate in about one hour of hard mowing!!! Could have bought the cheap ones for $9.00 each but passed. Been mowing with the cheap ones now no way I am paying $25.00 for a regular 1/2" wide 60" long belt!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements