• 3 Post By JD4044M
  • 4 Post By freeworldrambler

Thread: Titan hay spear

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks

Titan hay spear

I bought a Titan hay spear to mount on my fel. The frame arrived without the spears. Now Titan will not send me the spears because my wife signed the fed ex delivery. The frame without the spears is not much use, but if rather not spend any more of my money with Titan. Do y'all know of any other spears that will fit the Titan frame?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    hayspears.com has some that will work. They are pretty standard.
    keane likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok, I'll check them out. thanks John. The ones we've been using up to now were all home made. I wasn't sure if the spears from different manufacturers were interchangable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    If Titan doesn't want to work with you regarding the missing spears you could try another approach for some sort of satisfaction. There is a good chance you can find poor looking welds somewhere on the frame. If you can find something that hopefully looks worse in pictures than it actually is, give them a call back. Tell them their frame sucks due to bad welds and they likely will offer you a discount to get it "repaired" locally. It stinks to have to deal with the situation in this manner but hey, whatever it takes. Titan doesn't want the frame returned and often has issued discounts for bad welds to avoid a product being returned. Your frame may be in good shape and what I'm typing is of no help to you but I would look the frame over closely, it's worth a shot.

Another option, does the credit card you placed the order with offer any sort of consumer protection?

Maybe I'm just an a$$hole but for me it wouldn't be about the money, it's the principle of the matter.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 07-15-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    lindsey97, PJR832 and goat704! like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Shawn, those are some good ideas. I'm going to check into the credit card side tomorrow.

I've had pretty good luck buying stuff online but was always worried something like this could happen.
    ky_shawn likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Thanks
    They lost a set on me and I complained so they sent another set and a few weeks later the other set shows up? By the way there strong spears I know been using them for a long time with out any problems. I gave the other set to a friend in need with out the extra bucks to get them.
    ky_shawn, PJR832 and goat704! like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Looks like Titans going to send me the spears after all. Got an email saying they would. Glad to see a company right a wrong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to freeworldrambler For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (07-16-2018)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements