• 3 Post By RetiredDoc
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: Qh compatible spreader?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-25-2018 @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks

Qh compatible spreader?

does anyone make a seed/fertz. spreader that is Quick Hitch compatible??? (I know about the Frontier 2076B that costs over 1k)... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Thanks
    I wanna know too
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I just checked my files. My Frontier SS1067B spreader was $708 from my local Deere dealer. That was with imatch setup and agitator installed, and delivery.

I had been paying $600 to have my 5 acres of pasture fertilized twice a year, fertilizer included. After buying my own spreader and paying around $350 each time for an equivalent fertilizer, the spreader essentially paid for itself the first year. In addition, I use it for applying lime every year, and for winter rye seed. I had been paying to have that spread as well, so the $700 cost for the spreader was a good investment in equipment.

The Tarter site lists quick hitch compatible spreaders. But I couldn't find any more info than that when I was searching for mine last year.

http://tarterusa.com/tarter-products...rs-and-seeders

I did consider buying a cat 1 spreader and just removing the imatch every time I used the spreader. But then I came to my senses.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 07-19-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    BigJim55, firemachine69 and kylew like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

Frontier 2076B spreader

Doc: my local JD dealer said the Frontier 2076B spreader went up $300 this yr to $1,100? do you have the metal hopper? and what yr. did u purchase?

..and what is your opinion of the Frontier spreader in general. Frontier is app. the only QH spreader option so i may just bite the bullet....

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    My Frontier SS1067B spreader has a metal hopper. I may be wrong, but I think that the SS2067B spreader is basically the same except that it has a plastic hopper and costs more. My dealer has 12 stores around SC and GA, and they had only one spreader stocked in their system with the imatch setup.

I bought it almost exactly 1 year ago. July 10, 2017 was the delivery date.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 07-20-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bodin1968 View Post
    ..and what is your opinion of the Frontier spreader in general. Frontier is app. the only QH spreader option so i may just bite the bullet....
    This is my first tractor, and my first spreader, so I have nothing to compare to my Frontier spreader.

I have used the spreader a dozen times - for lime, fertilizer, and winter rye seed. It has been dependable. I've never had any problems with it.

There is one p otential problem, though, and that is with the PTO shaft that came with my spreader. The imatch hitch moves the spreader further behindthe tractor than the standard three point hitch. So, the PTO shaft functions at a longer setting. When the spreader is in the fully up position for spreading, the PTO shaft is just about parallel to the ground, and is at its most compressed size. When you drop the spreader down towards the ground to make it easier to load with material, the PTO shaft telescopes apart. And it then is right on the verge of separating completely. If it does separate it may not re-engage when you raise the spreader to use it.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    thanks Doc.... u got a good deal. maybe a longer shaft would help.

sure its a good spreader. think its made by befco. but deere has lost me on $$ price. before i spend 1.2k on a broadcast spreader i might as well get the pendular. and not a befco. gonna ck out the kubota/vicon.....

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I considered modifying a spreader for use with my imatch sfter I found ta hread on the topic, and a youtube video.

https://www.mytractorforum.com/78-la...onversion.html

It seemed pretty straightforward - reposition the top link attachment, and widen the lift arm connection points and add imatch bushings on the spreader. I spent a long time and took a lot of pictures and measurements of a $399 Countyline spreader at Tractor Supply. It seemed like someone with basic welding skills would have no problem with the conversion. That describes my skill set, but then my Deere dealer came back with a decent price, so I went the Frontier route.

Since the purchase price gap now is approaching the $900 mark,

you could pay to have the conversion done by a skilled welder, and still come out with a decent amount of money saved.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Since the purchase price gap now is approaching the $900 mark,

you could pay to have the conversion done by a skilled welder, and still come out with a decent amount of money saved.
    Even if the difference was $300! It is usually not that difficult to modify the top-link attachment point, which is usually where the quick hitch compatibility issues are.

Worse case, use one of the yoke adapters. It takes all of 30-seconds to attach it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yoke.jpg   Top_link_Yoke.jpg  
    RetiredDoc likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    12-09-2018 @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bodin1968 View Post
    Doc: my local JD dealer said the Frontier 2076B spreader went up $300 this yr to $1,100? do you have the metal hopper? and what yr. did u purchase?

Blanchard Equipment?

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements