Cat 0 to Cat 1 adapters/bushings?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PJR832

Thread: Cat 0 to Cat 1 adapters/bushings?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks

Cat 0 to Cat 1 adapters/bushings?

Talking to hubby about getting a dethatcher. See that CMP has both cat 0 & cat 1 ones. Have the 1025r, but also have a Sears DGS6500 with the electric hitch salvaged from our long-gone Sears SS/16. Think that was some flavor of cat 0. IF the 6500 can use a cat 0, can I just use bushings or some other adapter to be able to use the dethatcher on the 1025r too? If so, guess I'll trek over to MTF and ask about compatibility of the old 3ph & cat 0. I used to visit there from time to time since there were some Sears Suburban fans there. Didn't see much SS activity the last time I looked though. Can't imagine why - it's only been 40 years since they were being sold new.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    There is more to 3-point categories than just pin size. A Cat 0 3ph measures 20" between the lift arms (i.e. the drawbar length). A Cat 1 3ph measures 26" at the same point.

If you get a Cat 0 dethatcher the draw bar will be 6" short for your 1025R so it will never reach both attaching points for the bushings to matter.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    There is more to 3-point categories than just pin size. A Cat 0 3ph measures 20" between the lift arms (i.e. the drawbar length). A Cat 1 3ph measures 26" at the same point.

If you get a Cat 0 dethatcher the draw bar will be 6" short for your 1025R so it will never reach both attaching points for the bushings to matter.
    That's why I added adapter as a possibility. Still don't know if it's possible/practical though. Have several old implements too, so not entirely for the dethatcher.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    That's why I added adapter as a possibility. Still don't know if it's possible/practical though. Have several old implements too, so not entirely for the dethatcher.
    I had a back blade that was Cat 0 spacing with Cat 1 pins, you can make it work, the sway turnbuckles will loosen up enough to reach. Obviously a quick hitch is out of the question though. It should work with sleeving the pins up to Cat 1.
    ErikR likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements