Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: What of rotary cutter for 1025?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks

What of rotary cutter for 1025?

Rotary cutter, bush hog, brush hog. Whatever you wanna call it lol.

My sister and her husband just bought land. About 2 acres of it needs hogged. I have about 2 acres that I would use the BH if I just had one. But my zero turn works just fine for it. I just keep it on the highest setting and pic up sticks. I never let it get bad enough.

My sister would put $300 towards it for me to get it and to go help. Iím just having trouble justify getting one since it will only get used once a year or so.

So what kind of rotary cutter do you guys have and whatís the price. Deer has done told me $1300 with 5.6% Interest. I was hoping they had 0%. And I would have just done it. I have the cash so thatís not the problem. Just donít want to throw money away. Iíd rather put it towards a grapple or something that I would use a lot more with all the falling sticks and stuff on my 2 acres
    BigJim55 likes this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post

My sister and her husband just bought land. About 2 acres of it needs hogged. I have about 2 acres that I would use the BH if I just had one. But my zero turn works just fine for it. I just keep it on the highest setting and pic up sticks. I never let it get bad enough.

My sister would put $300 towards it for me to get it and to go help. Iím just having trouble justify getting one since it will only get used once a year or so.

So what kind of rotary cutter do you guys have and whatís the price. Deer has done told me $1300 with 5.6% Interest. I was hoping they had 0%. And I would have just done it. I have the cash so thatís not the problem. Just donít want to throw money away. Iíd rather put it towards a grapple or something that I would use a lot more with all the falling sticks and stuff on my 2 acres
    I have the RC2048 Frontier Mower with the Slip clutch and also the safety chains front and rear. Very nice mower and engineered to work perfectly with the 1025R. I like it and used it at least 20 hours worth of mowing already. Most of the time I am using it, others are paying me to mow with it at $95 per hour so already, it's more than paid for itself in 6 months. I mow 10 acres adjoining my property with it and also I mow the perimeter of our 40 acres, which equates to nearly a mile per round. I usually mow 5 or 6 widths around the 40 acres, plus the river front.

Having a Deere mower with the I Match means complete compatibility. One source for parts and service. While there are less expensive mowers out there, there are also lower quality options available. Personally, I stick with Frontier / Deere when possible and buy quality and not price on the other implements.

I bought a King Kutter Carry all frame and the very first thing Mrs. Bear said was "I sure hope you are painting that thing before anything else." She was right and I painted it to match the Deere....

Get a slip clutch so you protect your tractor's very expensive PTO system. You will be amazed at what is in that very tall grass you are likely to find.....For example;

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171101_142559374.jpg

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    go get ya one at TSC for somewhere around 4 or 500 bucks. use a coupon on it. they sell county line ones up here-and they seem to be as good as the frontier ones-so be price difference. TSC has no chain guards on theirs-but if ya want chain guards i think the county line ones u can install them-i think
    kylew likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    If you are mowing an area for the first time, I strongly suggest walking the field and looking for hidden dangers. ALso, I strongly suggest you mow with the bucket down in front of you, with the leading edge tipped up, but with the very bottom of the bucket (when the leading edge is rolled up) about 6" off the ground. That way if you encounter a big rock, stump or other such UN-pleasantry, you are aware of it before you hit it. Some of the grass and stuff can be serious thick and hide a lot of dangerous items.

Check out this picture.

Here is what is in there.....

No vertical marker and if you look at the first picture, you can see a very light tint of red in the brush. I trimmed around it with my hand held brush cutter to locate it and also locate the cast iron shut off valve pipe.

These types of surprises lurk when mowing........Especially very thick and heavy stuff.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171101_140021435.jpg IMG_20171102_125047318.jpg IMG_20180617_145810942.jpg

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post

You could also rent a tractor and brush hog for $300 or less if you really don't need one. If you can cut your sisters land down and maintain it with the zero turn, I would rent a tractor and mower. Better yet if the place will rent you just the mower but chances are they won't and chances are they won't have a 4' mower and anything larger than that is really pushing it on your tractor.

You should be able to cut the 2 acres with a brush hog in an hour or maybe two at the most, depending how thick and rough it is.

The brush hog style mowers are one of those things that once others know you have it, they are likely to want it used on their property. While I don't mind helping people out, it's unreasonable for people to think you should spend $20k for a tractor, loader, rear mower, etc. and expect you should work it for free solving their problems. If you have a chance to use one and get reimbursed the costs for your time and the tractor, then consider owning one. But if its really a one off or very limited use, then pay someone else or rent the equipment.
    kylew likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have the RC2048 Frontier Mower with the Slip clutch and also the safety chains front and rear. Very nice mower and engineered to work perfectly with the 1025R. I like it and used it at least 20 hours worth of mowing already. Most of the time I am using it, others are paying me to mow with it at $95 per hour so already, it's more than paid for itself in 6 months. I mow 10 acres adjoining my property with it and also I mow the perimeter of our 40 acres, which equates to nearly a mile per round. I usually mow 5 or 6 widths around the 40 acres, plus the river front.

Having a Deere mower with the I Match means complete compatibility. One source for parts and service. While there are less expensive mowers out there, there are also lower quality options available. Personally, I stick with Frontier / Deere when possible and buy quality and not price on the other implements.

I bought a King Kutter Carry all frame and the very first thing Mrs. Bear said was "I sure hope you are painting that thing before anything else." She was right and I painted it to match the Deere....

Get a slip clutch so you protect your tractor's very expensive PTO system. You will be amazed at what is in that very tall grass you are likely to find.....For example;

Trust me. Iím doing everything I can to talk myself into the Deere one. It wouldnít be an issue if I needed more. Thatís awesome getting that much an hour. Especially with a smaller hog. My friend knows someone that will hog for $60 an hour. Thatís why my sister is willing to help me get one. I own my own business doing trim work with insurances & workmens comp. I work 6-7 days a week. So im not looking to go make money with it. Even though that would be fun.. If a family member knows someone that needs it done. Iíd go do it. But then Iíd charge a lot less also to help them out. Not a win for me lol.
    Dang that sucks. Iíll look into the slip clutch ASAP. Havenít seen that. Over a year of owning my 1025 and not even sure i know how to turn the pto on but less if it even works. All box blade, trailer hitch, and backhoe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    go get ya one at TSC for somewhere around 4 or 500 bucks. use a coupon on it. they sell county line ones up here-and they seem to be as good as the frontier ones-so be price difference. TSC has no chain guards on theirs-but if ya want chain guards i think the county line ones u can install them-i think
    Dang BIg Jim. Where do you get this coupon at? Iíve been watching them for months. And they are $1000 bucks. I donít even wanna spend $1000 since I donít think Iíll use it much. But Iíd gladly spend $300 more for the Deere if i must get one at this price. But if i can get it for 4-500 Iíd get it today.

Do you know which one can be used? Reading the reviews the orange one with 2 wheels is the one that I must use and is compatible with the 1025. It says I HAVE to get it shipped for $200. Thatís $1200. Ainít doing it.
    The more yellowish one is $1000 and Iím pretty sure they keep it in stock. So no shipping. But reading the questions and all. It says that itís not compatible with the 1025. Any idea why it canít be used.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=-10005
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=-10005
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    If you are mowing an area for the first time, I strongly suggest walking the field and looking for hidden dangers. ALso, I strongly suggest you mow with the bucket down in front of you, with the leading edge tipped up, but with the very bottom of the bucket (when the leading edge is rolled up) about 6" off the ground. That way if you encounter a big rock, stump or other such UN-pleasantry, you are aware of it before you hit it. Some of the grass and stuff can be serious thick and hide a lot of dangerous items.

Check out this picture.

Here is what is in there.....

No vertical marker and if you look at the first picture, you can see a very light tint of red in the brush. I trimmed around it with my hand held brush cutter to locate it and also locate the cast iron shut off valve pipe.

These types of surprises lurk when mowing........Especially very thick and heavy stuff.....

Wow. The 1025 and 2048 cut that? And thanks for that info. I happen to see a post on here the other day and someone had there bucket down. Someone was glad to see that and explained why. That was good info because I did not know that till just the other day. I have a bad memory so i donít remember whoís or what post it was haha.

Yeah. We got a guy to come for $300 if i donít make the plunge for the cutter. But Iím a man. And i want a new tool. Iím still debating it and trying to pull the trigger lol
    Carvel Loafer likes this.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Dang BIg Jim. Where do you get this coupon at? Iíve been watching them for months. And they are $1000 bucks. I donít even wanna spend $1000 since I donít think Iíll use it much. But Iíd gladly spend $300 more for the Deere if i must get one at this price. But if i can get it for 4-500 Iíd get it today.

Do you know which one can be used? Reading the reviews the orange one with 2 wheels is the one that I must use and is compatible with the 1025. It says I HAVE to get it shipped for $200. Thatís $1200. Ainít doing it.
    The more yellowish one is $1000 and Iím pretty sure they keep it in stock. So no shipping. But reading the questions and all. It says that itís not compatible with the 1025. Any idea why it canít be used.
    my god have them things gone up in price-i-yi-yi. yeah at that price of a $1,000. i too think ya might as well stay with the frontier one.

i gar-run-tee it that i'm not selling my jd Mx-4fter cheap now. i think i paid in the range of $1,600 for it back in 2006 i might be all wet about the that price-i would have to go dig out my receipts for it-to make sure

i suppose ur only option is to start watching craigslist for a used one that is close to ya-and in good shape. fall is sometimes a good time for one. course i've been looking for a good decent 5 fter for yrs. nuthing right around me. course i want one like my 4 ft-i-match compatible and all.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Iíve been watching Facebook market, CL, and let go.

Iíve determined that either NOBODY is buying a 4í cutter. Or NOBODY. Is seeking it after they buy it.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post

my god have them things gone up in price-i-yi-yi. yeah at that price of a $1,000. i too think ya might as well stay with the frontier one.

i gar-run-tee it that i'm not selling my jd Mx-4fter cheap now. i think i paid in the range of $1,600 for it back in 2006 i might be all wet about the that price-i would have to go dig out my receipts for it-to make sure

i suppose ur only option is to start watching craigslist for a used one that is close to ya-and in good shape. fall is sometimes a good time for one. course i've been looking for a good decent 5 fter for yrs. nuthing right around me. course i want one like my 4 ft-i-match compatible and all.
    Don't believe everything you read, the orange County Line implements are their "sub-compact" line and are not quick hitch compatible, I have yellow County line 48" rotary cutter that I ran that with my 1023E just fine. In case you missed it, beware of the Orange implements if you plan on using a quick hitch.
    ky_shawn, kylew and 12dbsinad like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast