3038E / IMatch / 60” Frontier Grooming Mower

Thread: 3038E / IMatch / 60” Frontier Grooming Mower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks

3038E / IMatch / 60” Frontier Grooming Mower

Today I added an IMatch and bushing set to my mowing setup. I’m not really sure how it connects at the top link and have no good pic to make sure it’s correct. I extended my top link only until the hook grabbed the top bushing. While I was mowing to give it a try the top hook popped off of the bushing a couple of times while mowing small inclines around my house. Now I’m not sure if the setup is correct. Before testing it out I had talked to the parts guy at the dealer to make sure I wasn’t needing any more parts and he said I was all set.
    Last edited by Fade2Blk; 08-10-2018 at 07:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    You're going to need a quick hitch adapter (installed on the mower) to run a quick hitch on your grooming mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveontheridge2 View Post
    You're going to need a quick hitch adapter (installed on the mower) to run a quick hitch on your grooming mower.
    Ok, thanks
    Last edited by Fade2Blk; 08-10-2018 at 08:04 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Thanks
    There is a kit you purchase from Frontier/Woods that adds a couple parts to the hitch for imatch compatibility.

The 2 solid metal straps running to the rear are replaced with sleeved chain, there are 2 black bars that connect the top link point to the 2 lower mounting points, and the 2 black bars then keep the upper link in the hook, by keeping the upper attachment point "in sync" with the 2 lower mounting points as the mower floats over uneven terrain while mowing. There are also a couple bolts and a top link bushing that is added as well.

Get you owners manual out and look towards the back of the book, there should be a diagram in the parts section of the book that shows the optional kit and it's part number.

Very easy to install and works excellent. I have the imatch kit on my Frontier GM1072R and love it.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsey97 View Post
    There is a kit you purchase from Frontier/Woods that adds a couple parts to the hitch for imatch compatibility.

The 2 solid metal straps running to the rear are replaced with sleeved chain, there are 2 black bars that connect the top link point to the 2 lower mounting points, and the 2 black bars then keep the upper link in the hook, by keeping the upper attachment point "in sync" with the 2 lower mounting points as the mower floats over uneven terrain while mowing. There are also a couple bolts and a top link bushing that is added as well.

Get you owners manual out and look towards the back of the book, there should be a diagram in the parts section of the book that shows the optional kit and it's part number.

Very easy to install and works excellent. I have the imatch kit on my Frontier GM1072R and love it.

This is what he's talking about on my mower

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve O For This Useful Post:

lindsey97 (08-14-2018)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, I have the parts ordered.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements