Snow Thrower question

Thread: Snow Thrower question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks

Snow Thrower question

Hi. Quick question. I have a 1025R and currently clearing snow with the bucket. It works well, but we've gotten so much snow this year I think I need to switch over to a snowblower because my banks are getting too high. I have the autoconnect for my mower deck and I seem to recall the dealership saying something about not being able not being able to mount the snowthrower in the front, only in the rear. Is that true or is there a workaround for it? Thanks,
    Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
    Hi. Quick question. I have a 1025R and currently clearing snow with the bucket. It works well, but we've gotten so much snow this year I think I need to switch over to a snowblower because my banks are getting too high. I have the autoconnect for my mower deck and I seem to recall the dealership saying something about not being able not being able to mount the snowthrower in the front, only in the rear. Is that true or is there a workaround for it? Thanks,
    Dave
    It's odd that the dealer told you the ONLY option was a rear mounted blower. While you certainly can use a 3PH blower, you can also use a JD Quick Attach 47" or 54" front unit.

You simply need to swap the mower mount plate for the blower mount plate and remove the autoconnect assy, which is fairly simple.

Lots of folks with these tractors swap these parts in the spring and fall as they switch over from summer duty to winter duty.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements