I got sick of this disaster in my garage and was inspired by the 260 backhoe dolly builds that you all decided to post, so I made my own too! I used the attached file as a guide, created by GreenTractorTalk member "Keane". Unfortunately I ran into some problems that I need to correct. I believe the issues might stem from the fact that the guide might be specific to the 260 backhoe versus the 260B that I have, or more likely it might just be some error on my part.
- The 5" Casters are too tall. A real shame since these have three zerk fittings and a 350 lb rating per wheel. This issue was surmountable my lifting the rear of the 1025R using the stabilizer legs, but it added another step to getting the unit on and off. I can't just pivot the backhoe on and off as others have done.
- The 42" dolly length seems to be much too short. It manages to grab the teeth of the bucket just barely, but I can't nestle it into the dolly like others have done. When I attempted to do so, the backhoe began to fall forward while it was still hydraulically connected to the tractor... Not Good. Once I got it figured out enough to get it on the dolly, I felt comfortable enough with it to move it into place but I'm worried about it leaking down and falling off the dolly. Come to think of it as I'm typing this, I'm wondering why in the world I backed it against the wall like that...
- Four swivel casters is too much. I should have used two straight casters at the end of the dolly where the frame is. It's annoying trying to push the whole assembly and it decides to start drifting to the left or right of its own volition.
Please jump in with some advice and guidance. I will post pictures of any improvements in version 2.0 once I get to there! (Thankfully 2"x6"x8' lumber isn't too expensive...)