Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Titan BX42S

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 AM
    Thanks

Titan BX42S

I was wondering if anyone has the Titan bx42s wood chipper hooked to their 1025r. If so how do you like it?
    2017 1025R FIL 54"MMM
    36" Titan Pallet Forks
    5 foot box blade
    Titan BX42S wood chipper
    Edge Tamers
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks
    2018 Exmark Rudius-X series 60" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSDJ2 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has the Titan bx42s wood chipper hooked to their 1025r. If so how do you like it?

I too, am wondering the same thing, they have the Titan BX42 Wallenstein knockoff on sale this weekend for 20% off at $1199.00 delivered and no sales tax. Sounds like a pretty good buy to me. Looks like this same chipper is sold by many sellers in various colors and just branded differently. Would not be surprised if all these knockoffs were made in the same plant in China.
    wentonbrown and RetiredDoc like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 AM
    Thanks
    Think I will pull the trigger and order it today. Getting laid off soon so i guess i can get the lane side of my timber cleared out from years of trimming. Maybe the green deere will attract the brown deer..lol

I will post a review in a few weeks.
    wentonbrown likes this.
    2017 1025R FIL 54"MMM
    36" Titan Pallet Forks
    5 foot box blade
    Titan BX42S wood chipper
    Edge Tamers
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks
    2018 Exmark Rudius-X series 60" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSDJ2 View Post
    Think I will pull the trigger and order it today. Getting laid off soon so i guess i can get the lane side of my timber cleared out from years of trimming. Maybe the green deere will attract the brown deer..lol

I will post a review in a few weeks.
    I just completed the order process this morning and it should be here in 3 or 4 days. After all the looking around on the internet, particularly YouTube reviews, with the $300 discount it seems like a heck of a buy. I have a mountain of brush and tree cuttings to chip. We have been burning this stuff for the last few years but with all the fires here lately, and one last month that came within a few hundreds of yards of our property, I think my burn pile days are over. We are on 10 acres and there will be no shortage of work for this tool.

Steve
    wentonbrown and RetiredDoc like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    So what's the difference between this one, & the Wallenstein, besides the $2,800 price tag..?
    2016 ~ 1025R TLB

JD 647 Tiller / Frontier Box Blade / Frontier 5' Scraper Blade / JD 54" Snow Plow / Heavy Hitch / Ken's BOH / Rebuilt Brinly Plow / BXpanded BH Ripper / JD 8" BH Bucket/ Titan 42" Pallet Forks / Frontier 5' Landscape Rake

2018 Kawasaki Mule SX 4X4 XC Camo

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
    So what's the difference between this one, & the Wallenstein, besides the $2,800 price tag..?
    One is made in Canada, the other in China.
    mark02tj and Viper21 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    One is made in Canada, the other in China.
    One is designed, manufactured and sold by people in Canada. The other is using a design STOLEN from people in Canada.

Just my $0.02 CAD.
    Kennyd, fdmars, goat704! and 2 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-19-2018)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    One is designed, manufactured and sold by people in Canada. The other is using a design STOLEN from people in Canada.

Just my $0.02 CAD.
    MUCH better said, thank you sir
    mark02tj and Boonie like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Aside from the Wallerstein being $1800+ more, I see the flywheel on the Wallerstein is #110 and the flywheel on the Titan is either #75 or #80. I can't tell which as I have seen both specs on the Titan unit. Other than that I don't know but I would guess that the material and the welds over all are probably of higher quality on the Wallerstein unit. Not being a professional who would use this all day every day, I think the cheaper unit will likely do for my application. I would normally buy a name brand quality product but this appears to be an easily serviceable unit and the majority of reviews out there are pretty positive on the Titan unit. I purchased the Titan forks for my 1025R over a year ago and they have held up well and meet my needs just fine.

Need to make my fixed income go as far as I can.

Steve
    wentonbrown, ms280zx and Viper21 like this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    MUCH better said, thank you sir
    Thanks, Kenny! I always appreciate a complement from someone I respect!!

Before this thread devolves into another US made vs. Chinese made discussion, I'd like to just make one more comment. While I usually try to buy stuff that's made on this continent, I - along with everyone else - also buy more than my fair share of stuff made in China. We're in a global economy and I wholeheartedly support the notion of a global economy. I would have no problem buying a Chinese made WoodMaxx chipper because it appears as though that design is theirs (and maybe Jinma's as it is super similar). (Full Disclosure - I do own a WoodMaxx chipper, but it's their top of the line made in the USA 9900.) When I was chipper shopping, I saw those Chinese Wallenstein knock-offs, but I kept on looking. I won't support a company (importer, distributor, etc.) that blatantly steals someone else's intellectual property. That's what it appears that Titan has done in this case.

i really don't have a problem with Titan pallet forks. It's kind of hard to get creative with pallet forks - there's only so many ways you can make them so it's hard to say that Titan ripped off someone else. But this chipper is a different story. (Full disclosure - I own Artillian forks.)

I personally won't buy Titan anything. I made that mistake once and I won't make it again.

With regards to Panhead's observation about the flywheel weight difference, that's something that the OP should consider. There's approximately a 50% increase in the weight of the Wallenstein flywheel which is a good thing. With a chipper, a heavier flywheel makes a big difference in performance. Something about that inertia thing that Sir Isaac Newton wrote about so long ago.

I do sincerely hope that the OP is happy with the performance of this chipper once he starts using it. The last thing that I want to see (or read about) is that he plunked down his hard earned money on a big purchase and that it isn't all that he hoped it would be.
    Kennyd and wentonbrown like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-19-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast