Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Canadian GTT folks - Princess Auto end-of-season box blade deal

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks

Canadian GTT folks - Princess Auto end-of-season box blade deal

Just picked this 5' box blade up for $262 CAD plus taxes (about $200 USD).

Definitely not the nicest unit around, but I'll report back Thursday evening with a short review. Can't even buy the scarifiers from TSC for that price!

Last edited by firemachine69; 08-14-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Kennyd, fdmars, Tomfive and 4 others like this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Just picked this 5' box blade up for $262 CAD plus taxes (about $200 USD).
    Definitely not the nicest unit around, but I'll report back Thursday evening with a short review. Can't even buy the scarifiers from TSC for that price!
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that box blade - especially for the price. If you are like most folks it is something you will only use occasionally and I doubt very much that your 2520 can do it any harm. Good deal!
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that box blade - especially for the price. If you are like most folks it is something you will only use occasionally and I doubt very much that your 2520 can do it any harm. Good deal!

Going to test the waters commercially if the locals want their driveways graded, besides doing mine. But I primarily purchased the BB to do my own driveway first. Sure beats trying to break up the gravel base with my tiny 46 backhoe!
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Im not sure I like you very much right now....

Thats a heck of a deal. Couldnt touch a used one around here for anywhere near that price.
    Wonder what Id have to pay to get one across the border...
    Levi, PJR832, bvbearcat and 1 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Was this a advertised sale, or was it something that your local store had a surplus of and were looking to unload?
    I went on there website but couldn't see anything in there flyer, but if there was any way of ordering one I would be all over that.
    Not sure if the Ottawa stores would have one on hand, but will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Levi likes this.
    jd 2320, sb1154 blower, 60" cotech snow pusher, 48" walco douglas finish mower,200cx loader, 5' box scraper

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Wonder what Id have to pay to get one across the border...
    If you stay more than 48 hours, nothing. $800 exemption.

Less than 48 hours, you have a $200 exemption per person. That includes sales taxes. Exemptions can be combined within a family but there are rules.

If you can fit it in your luggage they probably won't catch you

Al
    Levi likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Ok, so I couldn't wait till tomorrow.
    First I called the Ottawa store, out of stock. Then I called the Kanata(West Ottawa) store and they had 1 left, but the price is $749.00 so I ask to speak to the manager. I explain to him that a friend had just purchased one in another store for $262.00 and that it had been tagged as a end of the season sale. He asks me were it came from and which store? I reply that it was a store in northern Ontario, but not sure which one. He then comes back to me and says that one had indeed been sold for that price out of their Sudbury store, but could not explain why at such a low cost. It must have been damaged! I come back to him with, I'm looking at a picture of it right now on my computer and it's mint, without a scratch. After a little back and forth, he says to me if I can be at the store before closing that I can have the one left for the same price. SCORE!!!!!

I am now back home with the new 5' box scraper for the incredible price of $293.00 taxes in.

Many thanks to you Firemachine69 for the heads-up!!!

Geoff
    jd 2320, sb1154 blower, 60" cotech snow pusher, 48" walco douglas finish mower,200cx loader, 5' box scraper

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey brisson View Post
    Was this a advertised sale, or was it something that your local store had a surplus of and were looking to unload?
    I went on there website but couldn't see anything in there flyer, but if there was any way of ordering one I would be all over that.
    Not sure if the Ottawa stores would have one on hand, but will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up.

It was in store, but I was explained it would likely apply to any PA that still had one on the floor. Just keep in mind, my PA has a habit of selling off "summer" stuff when it still hits 30C outside, and I understand why: One year they waited until October when light snow was falling, and they just couldn't give the stuff away (25 gallon boom sprayer for $50 kind of deal... I didn't have a lawn back then, however.) I've been to various other PA's across Canada, and I've never quite seen the discounts I've seen at my local Sudbury one.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey brisson View Post
    Ok, so I couldn't wait till tomorrow.
    First I called the Ottawa store, out of stock. Then I called the Kanata(West Ottawa) store and they had 1 left, but the price is $749.00 so I ask to speak to the manager. I explain to him that a friend had just purchased one in another store for $262.00 and that it had been tagged as a end of the season sale. He asks me were it came from and which store? I reply that it was a store in northern Ontario, but not sure which one. He then comes back to me and says that one had indeed been sold for that price out of their Sudbury store, but could not explain why at such a low cost. It must have been damaged! I come back to him with, I'm looking at a picture of it right now on my computer and it's mint, without a scratch. After a little back and forth, he says to me if I can be at the store before closing that I can have the one left for the same price. SCORE!!!!!

I am now back home with the new 5' box scraper for the incredible price of $293.00 taxes in.

Many thanks to you Firemachine69 for the heads-up!!!

Geoff

Glad I could help.

I think this is going to be the end of tractor implements for PA though, TSC is the defacto "low cost" implement store with actual parts available for repair. I know PA doesn't sell top-links or three-point pins.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 08-15-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:28 PM
    Thanks
    I assume the parts that make up the top link frame are buried in there somewhere and need to be assembled yet?

That really is a great price. Good job!

Rob
    Levi and firemachine69 like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    GOOD score... eh...

Last week I got a Speco 70 post hole digger from PA. Problem is the promotional, discount items they usually only have 1 in the store this far out in the bush. Got lucky and got the one they had this time.

Follow up report and pictures required.
    Levi and firemachine69 like this.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast