Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: $962 vs. $421 forks

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks

$962 vs. $421 forks

Both are delivered prices to my door. Artillian vs. Titan, 42" pallet fork setup.

Price isn't everything. My JD purchase alone proves that. I went through great effort to make the right choice when buying my tractor, & with my setup the difference was roughly, $1500 or so going green vs. orange. I could see the value, & felt I was getting the better set up for, really only a small premium (less than 10% price difference).

I've bought several attachments/implements since my original purchase a couple years ago. I have for the most part, gone the most expensive route, mostly because I saw the value, & or really preferred the name brand. Yet I'm really struggling here on the pallet forks. From everything I've read, sure looks like Artillian is the way to go. However, are they more than double the price better..?

While I don't find a big difference in say, 20,000 vs. 21,500...... I see HUGE difference between $962 - $421. Unless of course, I'm missing something. Please enlighten me.

Opinions..?
    2016 ~ 1025R TLB

JD 647 Tiller / Frontier Box Blade / Frontier 5' Scraper Blade / JD 54" Snow Plow / Heavy Hitch / Ken's BOH / Rebuilt Brinly Plow / BXpanded BH Ripper / JD 8" BH Bucket/ Titan 42" Pallet Forks / Frontier 5' Landscape Rake

2018 Kawasaki Mule SX 4X4 XC Camo

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Thanks
    Titan forks are forks. They are enough for many people here.

Artillian forks are modular. The back plate can mount forks, a front hoe bucket, grapples, etc... Artillian forks are also lighter so you can lift more.

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.....
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    Titan forks are forks. They are enough for many people here.

Artillian forks are modular. The back plate can mount forks, a front hoe bucket, grapples, etc... Artillian forks are also lighter so you can lift more.

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.....
    Yeah, I was noticing they have a lot of other things you can add. Although, I can't see wanting a hoe bucket on the front when, I have a hoe on the back. That said, I do find the grapple AWESOME..! Especially after watching Tim's vid on it.
    2016 ~ 1025R TLB

JD 647 Tiller / Frontier Box Blade / Frontier 5' Scraper Blade / JD 54" Snow Plow / Heavy Hitch / Ken's BOH / Rebuilt Brinly Plow / BXpanded BH Ripper / JD 8" BH Bucket/ Titan 42" Pallet Forks / Frontier 5' Landscape Rake

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viper21 For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (08-16-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 10:02 PM
    Thanks
    I've had Artillian forks for a few years and I've gotten my money's worth out of them for sure. Never had any problems with them.
    2012 1026R TLB 60D Autoconnect Deck Ratchet Rake Artillian 36" Forks Ken's Hooks Psrumers seat springs

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
    Yeah, I was noticing they have a lot of other things you can add. Although, I can't see wanting a hoe bucket on the front when, I have a hoe on the back. That said, I do find the grapple AWESOME..! Especially after watching Tim's vid on it.
    I have the Artillian adapter that allows me to use the snow plow on my loader so I can stack snow 10' high instead of 3' and I have the 3 point adapter so I can mount my boom pole on the loader and reach as high as 18' instead of just 6' on the rear 3 point.

It's all of matter of use ad each of us had to run the numbers based on how they use their machine. In my case, I knew right off that I wanted the plow adapter (Artillian didn't even have the grapple back then) so it was worth it to spend a little more up front.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    If you dont mind swapping components on the frames, and some of them are fairly heavy, and you plan to get the other components, Id say the Artillian may be a better value overall.

Weve been all through the whole weight savings thing, and judging the Artillian with the heavy frame to allow the other attachments, vs the lightest weight Titan forks, there is less than 100# difference. If I recall, in my case, its significantly less than that. When comparing the two, you have to be sure you are looking at everything involved, including adding the top rack to the Artillian and its extra weight, or making sure the Titan doesnt have it.
    And, while their forks are lighter, their grapple isnt. Thats what modular building does though, and in the case of the forks, its the forks themselves, not so much the frame, that are saving the weight. If Titan had narrower, lighter fork options, I think they would be very close in weight.

Personally, I want to hook up and go. Im not a fan of having to swap heavy parts over between things to use them.
    On top of that, some things you might want to use one right after another, and you really cant do that with the Artillian system unless you have multiple frames, and that defeats the purpose.
    Now, if you have storage space constraints, this may be your only option without getting creative.

The Artillian is certainly made better than the Titan, but its not built to a price point either.

I guess what Im saying with all that is that I originally thought Id spend the extra and get the Artillian, until I saw the shipped price. Twice what the Titan forks were. I knew too that I wanted a dedicated grapple, so that chipped away even more at the Artillian option. When I bought my Titan forks, they were having a sale, and I got them for under $400 delivered. I just didnt see twice the value in the Artillian.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    I guess what Im saying with all that is that I originally thought Id spend the extra and get the Artillian, until I saw the shipped price. Twice what the Titan forks were.
    I was literally on the Artillian site, had em in the cart, & was prepared to purchase until I got the shipped price. Which was $962. That's when I went & looked at the Titan's, & saw that their price of $421 was a shipped price.... wow.
    2016 ~ 1025R TLB

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
    I was literally on the Artillian site, had em in the cart, & was prepared to purchase until I got the shipped price. Which was $962. That's when I went & looked at the Titan's, & saw that their price of $421 was a shipped price.... wow.
    As is mentioned already above, for 2x the $ your not just getting a better product but the ability to have it be modular and expandable in the future as your needs or projects change or as more products are available from Artillian. Your buying ahead on a system that has infinite possibilities, something that can’t really be said for a titan set. If your 1000% positive that all you want , will ever need and will never use another attachment then go for $421. Otherwise the myriad of currently available attachments and whatever the future might bring would be well worth the $962 for me.
    Last edited by balrog006; 08-16-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    As is mentioned already above, for 2x the $ your not just getting a better product but the ability to have it be modular and expandable in the future as your needs or projects change or as more products are available from Artillian. Your buying ahead on a system that has infinite possibilities, something that can’t really be said for a titan set. If your 1000% positive that all you want , will ever need and will never use another attachment then go for $421. Otherwise the myriad of currently available attachments and whatever the future might bring would be well worth the $962 for me.
    But thats assuming you want to swap parts around to use each individual piece.
    In my case, while I want the extra attachments, I do not want the modularity of the system. Im sure its nice, but having hefted wheel weights around on tractors for 30 years, I doubt Ill want to be goofing around with grapple clamp pieces at 90 pounds each to attach them to the frame when Im 60. Having separate attachments eliminates that, and makes change over from forks to grapple, or bucket to grapple a piece of cake.
    Say the last thing you used was the forks. Your bucket is on, but now you need the grapple. Well, go back, change everything over, then get back to work. In the mean time, a guy who bought a separate grapple will be about done with the job, and not nearly as tired when he gets back on the tractor. In the high humidity in the Summer here, that can mean finishing an after work project the same day or having to wait until the next day.
    Speed isnt everything of course, but Ive run into times where I needed to change out something quickly for an unforeseen situation. Having to remove pieces and add them back isnt easy or fast.
    And to add to that, its not like you are saving any money doing it the Artillian way. Their grapple, single clamp and two bases, is $1500 before shipping. Add two clamps and a single base and its $2100.

To me, the system only makes sense from a monetary standpoint when one is limited on space. If you have room for the other attachments, you are money ahead with others systems.
    I doubt anyone is going to argue that Artillian isnt well made, but they charge a premium over and above what others do by a large margin, simply for the modular aspect that really isnt necessary to many of us.
    Those that are happy to pay them for that arent going to be swayed either way, and thats great. I think they have a good thing, its just not for everyone.
    Neb, wentonbrown, Viper21 and 4 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Thanks
    This is a topic that has been beat to death here. The Titans are a Chinese import and with that, Chinese quality. A few months back a Titan purchaser had posted photos of the poor welds. That being said, even with the poor welds, you'll probably never be able to have a weld failure with what you can do with a 2025R.

I bought the Artillian as there is nothing I hate worse than a tool that fails. Moreover, things have a way of working their way up with me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have a larger tractor in the coming years....
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast