Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: TKV 20 (MCS 20) for new 2032R & 2038R or possible any

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Thanks

TKV 20 (MCS 20) for new 2032R & 2038R or possible any

I have been waiting for a material collection system since I bought my tractor. Tuesday I was able to order the TKV for mine. I really like the set up, no power flow to add, a big steel fan, everything in one item in one to hook up and the ability to run this independant of the deck. Should be hell on leaves and dried grass.

I say possibly any because it sure looks like the only thing required that would be custom would be the deck adapter.

Since it was just finished for both the 60” & 72” deck they have not updated their website with it on a Deere but I will post photos as soon as mine arrives.

For more information:

https://www.terraking.com/

https://www.superior-tech.com/materi...n-systems.html
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:27 PM
    Thanks
    Yes. Update required.
    I like the idea of the PTO powered blower over any other options I've seen from other manufacturers.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Thanks
    Looking forward to pictures and review!
    Gizmo2, Herminator and PJR832 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    I have the MCS 20 on my 1025r. This setup replaced my GT 235/Cyclone Rake setup which I liked very much. A few thoughts after owning one for 4-5 months.

The MCS 20 unit itself is awesome. It is very well thought out on function and very well made. Most of it is stainless steel. The push button dump works very well.

As for the powerflow head... This is without question my biggest frustration. My system is setup on a 1025r with a 54" mower deck and Oregon blades. My experience tells me, the powerflow head will not work with a 72" deck because it can't handle the volume of clippings coming out of it. If I go on vacation or get busy and miss a scheduled mow day, where the grass is a bit longer and thicker, the powerflow head clogs easily. It simply cannot handle the extra volume on a 54" deck, much less a 72" deck. I would imagine a 60" deck is pushing it to it's limit.

Overall, I am very happy with the setup. The fact that it connects to the quickhitch in seconds is very efficient. I set my unit up myself including the wiring harness that connects to factory plugs. I would buy it again if it was on a 54" or smaller deck. I would have to really think about it on a 60" or larger deck.

Just my opinion. TIFWIW
    SulleyBear and Herminator like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Thanks

TKV 20 (MCS 20) for new 2032R & 2038R or possible any

It appears the TKV20 from TerraKing only fits a Kubota BX series according to their website. I have the 14 bushel three bag MCS and those bags get heavy after about 10 dumps. I like the Superior tech MCS20, but having one powered off the rear PTO would be the cats meow. Having the old hydraulic dump setup from years past (or available in Europe) and the blower powered off the rear PTO would be even better.

EDIT: emailed the company and asked if the TerraKing would fit a 1025r. Here’s the response I got.

The TKV 20 is definitely compatible with the John Deere 1025R w/ 60" mid mount mower. We also manufacture a similar 20-bu MCS system as a licensed product for John Deere that uses your existing Power Flow blower to fill the hopper
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 08-20-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Herminator likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartazoo View Post
    I have the MCS 20 on my 1025r. This setup replaced my GT 235/Cyclone Rake setup which I liked very much. A few thoughts after owning one for 4-5 months.

The MCS 20 unit itself is awesome. It is very well thought out on function and very well made. Most of it is stainless steel. The push button dump works very well.

As for the powerflow head... This is without question my biggest frustration. My system is setup on a 1025r with a 54" mower deck and Oregon blades. My experience tells me, the powerflow head will not work with a 72" deck because it can't handle the volume of clippings coming out of it. If I go on vacation or get busy and miss a scheduled mow day, where the grass is a bit longer and thicker, the power flow head clogs easily. It simply cannot handle the extra volume on a 54" deck, much less a 72" deck. I would imagine a 60" deck is pushing it to it's limit.

Overall, I am very happy with the setup. The fact that it connects to the quickhitch in seconds is very efficient. I set my unit up myself including the wiring harness that connects to factory plugs. I would buy it again if it was on a 54" or smaller deck. I would have to really think about it on a 60" or larger deck.

Just my opinion. TIFWIW
    Does it plug the chute in front of the fan, from the deck back to the impellers? Does the plastic tube fill and plug and the fan can't draw the lawn material through it?

Looking at the design, I would wonder if the clogging point would be where the deck adapter attaches and the near 90 degree angle occurs to blow the clippings into the tube? Can you see the clogging occurring in that area, or is it somewhere else in the system?

Like most collection systems, I would assume this is also pretty temperamental with wet grass as well for clogging, correct? Not just rain wet but even dew on the grass.

Perhaps the impeller diameter along with the tube diameter were increased to accommodate the larger deck sizes, which would make sense. I do know the MC Cart system with the deck driven blower really is a leaf chopping and collection monster, just as I would imagine this would be.
    Herminator likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    It does also struggle a bit with wet grass. Depending on conditions, it can clog in front of the impeller and after it. The thickest part of my lawn, I have to slow down quite a bit or it will clog up.

I have a nice mature lawn that is pretty thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Herminator likes this.
    You can follow my little homestead on Instagram @Trolladyfarmhomestead

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Showed up this morning. Only had time to unload it and get to work. I will have more to report later.

I do not think there’s going to be a lot of plugging problems with an 8 inch hose and a 15” fan spinning at 3000rpm.

Of course all I know right now is the packaging job was good.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-08-20 08.31.07.jpg   2018-08-20 08.31.17.jpg  
    Welcome to Intermission.

112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks

Step 1 wiring

Ran the wiring for the actuator to dump it. Sorry for the number of photos but someone might find it handy. Some of them won’t really mean anything unless your doing it. The wiring kit supplied is nice. Step one is changing a fuse behind the left side engine panel. Then there are three wires to hook up on a terminal block under the cowl on the left side. There is a relay that can be held by a screw that is already there in a perfect spot. The wires then go across to the right side and run down diagonally behind the ecu. At the lower left there is a trough that angles down perfectly to the underside of the platform. Once I realized the cruise control wire starts where the new wire comes out of the trough and is routed and anchored along the frame right back to where i needed to go. I routed the new wire around the fuse box and back to where a bundle of wires goes through the fender behind the roll bar into the area under the side console. The direction say to go back around the fender and this would be fine but I had a pin tool for the connector and decided to add a hole and grommet right below the existing one. Then the wire for the actuator exits out the back by the rear svc lines.

Some oberservations.
    1. The directions supplied are very good but I wish they were in color.
    2. I was glad I had just washed it. I still had to blow out some area because there is not much room to work underneath and having dirt fall in my eyes would have made it worse.
    3. I think the wire that runs from the junction block to the rear console could be 6”-12” longer. I don’t like rats nests but it would have been tight had I went around the fender instead of through it. There is plenty of room for any extra under both the cowl an the side console. I did leave some play in it cowl because I didn’t want it stretched tight and that probably played a part as well.
    4. I do not like the connector used at the actuator end. It is the two flat blades, one vertical, one horizontal that has been used forever. I much prefer the watertight connectors they used for the switch connections under the side council. Probably because they actually come apart nice and it doesn't feel like your tearing your thumb nail off trying to release it.
    I would rather have a short wire on the tractor side and a long one on the actuator but I suppose that is how the actuator is made. I have been wanting to put something like a 7 pin trailer hitch plug-in on the back of the tractor anyway and if I know me this will get tail lights on the back so I will change it anyway.
    5. They supplied a switch that goes right into the empty slot on the console. I appreciate the factory look and location.

I will supply more photos of it mounted tomorrow. I did hook it up so I could cut the PTO shaft to length but no official photos until I get my quick hitch adapters and the deck chute attached. I only posted the one so it would show the wire to the actuator.

The deck chute is a kit straight from Deere and looks straight forward.

In hindsight I should have gotten the caster wheel kit. Might need to correct that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-08-20 14.45.38.jpg   2018-08-20 15.15.28.jpg   2018-08-20 15.52.28.jpg   2018-08-20 17.31.14.jpg   2018-08-20 17.31.51.jpg  

2018-08-20 17.31.55.jpg   2018-08-20 17.32.06.jpg   2018-08-20 17.58.49.jpg   2018-08-20 18.51.49.jpg  
    Last edited by Herminator; 08-21-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Welcome to Intermission.

#compactfarmer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

mcgehemj (08-22-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Thanks
    Looks awesome, great pictures! I'm pretty excited to hear how that fan works, 1/4" steel PTO fan sounds insane. A few questions:

Do you think it will be easy to access the fan to clean it?

Are the bearings for the fan sealed on the inside where they will contact grass clippings?

Are the bearings for the fan greaseable?
    Tractor Tim likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast