• 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 4 Post By C-Range

Thread: A suggestion for KennyD or one of the vendors... Below Ground Bucket

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks

A suggestion for KennyD or one of the vendors... Below Ground Bucket

Howdy people. You ever just have some time to kill and you start clicking on Youtube.....and before you know it you are out in left field, not even remembering where you started when it comes to watching something?

Well, here I was, just watching some videos from Tim, and a host of other 1025 users....and I was watching this guy who was using the toothbar, and it got me thinking.

Why hasnt anyone made a bucket-like attachment for going down 12 inches or so, but one thats like the backhoe bucket?

Personally, I love the Mauser cab and would get that as a trade off versus the backhoe (unless they finally make it where you can have both)

Why cant a simply bucket be made that either attaches to the existing bucket like the toothbar does, or perhaps the front heavy hitch / Artillian frames?

It certainly wouldnt have the full range of the backhoe, naturally, but Im sure it would be more than good enough to do a simple trench.

Thoughts anyone? I wish I was a welder because Im sure I could come up with something but sadly, Im a mechanic so, nuts & bolts are all I do.
    Herminator likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    You mean like this?

Fork Frame Attachments
    Levi, Oscar Leroy, Robnik and 2 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    Or something like this....

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...front-hoe.html

I'd buy one of these... except that Titan is the only place I've seen one for sale.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    You guys just ruined my retirement plans.... I was hoping to live large with the royalties. LOL

Oh well, so much for my better mouse trap.

But yes, I was thinking of the 1st one but, where it would go down below the frame, whereas the Artillian one seems to be even with the frame. But again, there go my dreams.
    Levi, mark02tj and Herminator like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    You guys just ruined my retirement plans.... I was hoping to live large with the royalties. LOL

I'll bet everyone has one of these stories about an invention that turned out to be already thought of.

Mine was a vibrating manure fork to muck out horse stalls. Just let the vibration separate the stall bedding from the piles of manure. But, I found it already was on the market. Now I own one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mucker.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	358.3 KB 
ID:	645042
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I'll bet everyone has one of these stories about an invention that turned out to be already thought of.

Mine was a vibrating manure fork to muck out horse stalls.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mucker.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	358.3 KB 
ID:	645042
    That was another of my inventions I was gonna bring up next. Now you've really done it, Im gonna have to work till Im 90 now.

Kennyd, BigJim55, mark02tj and 2 others like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post

But yes, I was thinking of the 1st one but, where it would go down below the frame, whereas the Artillian one seems to be even with the frame. But again, there go my dreams.
    I own an Artillian Hoe bucket and it works quite well for what I use it for. I use it to remove stumps and dig small holes for planting stuff for the wife. It is rather cumbersome to use it as a poor man's back hoe because the FEL can't move left/right so it's a PIA to dig a trench with this implement. It can be done but bring a snicker's bar and a bucket of patience because it will take some time. If I need a trench, I rent a ditch witch.

While it is great for stumps, it is not as good a true root spade. Those tend to do the job faster and are a little bit more robust, at least my neighbor's is. One of those is probably what you are looking for. They can be very heavy and pricey so if you want a root spade for a SCUT, I would pass.
    Kennyd, mark02tj and Toughsox like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,038 Times in 2,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I own an Artillian Hoe bucket and it works quite well for what I use it for. I use it to remove stumps and dig small holes for planting stuff for the wife. It is rather cumbersome to use it as a poor man's back hoe because the FEL can't move left/right so it's a PIA to dig a trench with this implement. It can be done but bring a snicker's bar and a bucket of patience because it will take some time. If I need a trench, I rent a ditch witch.

While it is great for stumps, it is not as good a true root spade. Those tend to do the job faster and are a little bit more robust, at least my neighbor's is. One of those is probably what you are looking for. They can be very heavy and pricey so if you want a root spade for a SCUT, I would pass.
    When I read what you wrote, I remembered this thread: https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...front-hoe.html
    mark02tj and Toughsox like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks

Chris - 3720 TLB

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements