Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John 54

Thread: 260b backhoe - sagging hydralics when uninstalled

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks

260b backhoe - sagging hydralics when uninstalled

When I take the 260b backhoe off of my 1025r the hydraulics sag pretty quickly and job #1 for hooking it back up is backing up the tractor close enough to it in order to connect hydraulics and pump it back up off the ground. Then I generally have to disconnect hydraulics again to re-position the tractor after picking the backhoe up off the ground.

Are there any well known tricks I could/should use? Do people put jack stands underneath the backhoe when they disconnect it to hold it in position for installation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    Hi grahamk
    I had pieces of channel pressed up at the local sheet metal fabrication workshop. These channel iron fit neatly over the hydraulic cylinder shafts on the stabilisers so they cannot leak down.
    When I take my BH off I install the channels and lower the stabilisers onto them then I lower the boom to reinstall the travel pin. I then turn the tractor off and work all the controls on the BH to relieve all pressure before disconnecting the PB hoses.
    Regards John
    grahamk likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    When I take the 260b backhoe off of my 1025r the hydraulics sag pretty quickly and job #1 for hooking it back up is backing up the tractor close enough to it in order to connect hydraulics and pump it back up off the ground. Then I generally have to disconnect hydraulics again to re-position the tractor after picking the backhoe up off the ground.

Are there any well known tricks I could/should use? Do people put jack stands underneath the backhoe when they disconnect it to hold it in position for installation?
    I cant say Ive seen any, but the correct size block under the rear sure isnt a bad idea!
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements