The JD22 Utility Trailer. Side boards?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Boonie
  • 2 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By Boonie

Thread: The JD22 Utility Trailer. Side boards?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

The JD22 Utility Trailer. Side boards?

I noticed the top rail (as well as the bed-liner) of my 22 Utility Trailer has three holes along each side. I figure they're put there for sideboard rails. Anyone?
    The thought crossed my mind to fab up something for a little more height. Something original looking.
    There's several images found on Google, but nothing special.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180901_125837.jpg
    Herminator likes this.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Most all JD utility carts have pockets on the edges for stake sides. To the best of my knowledge JD nor anyone else offers sides. Which is probably just as well because several years ago I recall seeing someone who had wooden sides for a 17P cart and they were over $100.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot. You can probably get everything you need to make sides for less than $25.
    keane and Herminator like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Most all JD utility carts have pockets on the edges for stake sides. To the best of my knowledge JD nor anyone else offers sides. Which is probably just as well because several years ago I recall seeing someone who had wooden sides for a 17P cart and they were over $100.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot. You can probably get everything you need to make sides for less than $25.
    No sideboard options was my take as well. The 22 does not have stake pockets. That was the first thing I did, was to pull the bed liner to see what was under there. Bracketry for the greens mowers are on the internal sides of the floor. Depending on the wooden sides, I can see them selling for $100, for people that do not have tools or knowledge. As for making them of wood, I'm sure I have some red or yellow mahogany. Wood would be pretty simple. I was thinking 1" aluminum tubing, or something along those lines. I'd want the front to follow the contours of the headboard too. Gotta be fancy.
    Herminator likes this.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements