17AT cart not showing up in JDparts now?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 17AT cart not showing up in JDparts now?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks

17AT cart not showing up in JDparts now?

Hi all.

Ive got a 17AT cart, and while I didnt expect to need anything for it, a while back I was looking up parts on the 17P and the 17AT to compare the different latch options.
    Anyway, fast forward a while, and it seems a chipmunk decided to eat part of the wheel center cap.
    Id like to get a replacement, but cant find the 17AT listed on the new parts system.
    They show the 10P, and a few others, but I cant find anything for the 17AT. Very frustrating.
    I did find the actual part number, LPPCT17ATJD. Sometimes Ive been able to look up individual parts for assemblies, but not here.

Anyone happen to know what Parts Catalog the 17P is in, because Im pretty sure its the same one the 17AT is in. Maybe I can look it up that way.

I guess I can just go to the dealer, but that sometimes is a pain without knowing my part numbers up front, but I suspect that if I cant find it, I doubt they can either.
    Last edited by IndianaJim; 09-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    disregard
    Last edited by Boonie; 09-03-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, I went by the dealer, and had no luck.
    Their best suggestion after looking for 15 minutes in different areas on their system, was to contact Brinly about replacement parts.

Im going to see if I can find some kind of contact for Deere and send a message/email letting them know about the issue. Maybe its just an oversight with their new system. They do have an AWFUL lot of parts catalogs to maintain.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Thanks
    I don't know if these are close to what you have, but I thought I'd share it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IndianaJim likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I don't know if these are close to what you have, but I thought I'd share it.
    Thanks, but thats not them.
    The 17AT is the upgraded version of the 17P (the green poly carts), which is the bigger version of the 10P, and so on.

I did find contact info for JDParts, and sent them an inquiry.
    Hopefully Ill find out why its no longer there...but Im not holding my breath.
    Jim B.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Well, I went by the dealer, and had no luck.
    Their best suggestion after looking for 15 minutes in different areas on their system, was to contact Brinly about replacement parts.

Im going to see if I can find some kind of contact for Deere and send a message/email letting them know about the issue. Maybe its just an oversight with their new system. They do have an AWFUL lot of parts catalogs to maintain.
    This is one of the biggest issues I have with OEM products - JD in particular. If you were to purchase a Brinly PCT-17BH cart, it is a Brinly PCT-17BH and parts will be listed for a PCT-17BH. But when you purchase a JD 17P cart, JD may or may not list parts or have any parts spares availability. It's the same with their spreaders and sprayers that are made by Spyker and Superior Tech.

I needed a wand replaced under warranty for my 25-gallon mounted sprayer and JD was unable to help me. Fortunately I was able to contact Superior Tech directly and they were kind enough to send me a new wand.

It really makes you think twice about paying extra for the green paint on a product. The 17P cart is $100 less in Brinly black. :-)

As for the rubber center cap on the 17AT cart, it looks like it could be the same yellow rubber center cap used on the X300/X500 front wheels. Those would be readily available.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X580_cap.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    This is one of the biggest issues I have with OEM products - JD in particular. If you were to purchase a Brinly PCT-17BH cart, it is a Brinly PCT-17BH and parts will be listed for a PCT-17BH. But when you purchase a JD 17P cart, JD may or may not list parts or have any parts spares availability. It's the same with their spreaders and sprayers that are made by Spyker and Superior Tech.

I needed a wand replaced under warranty for my 25-gallon mounted sprayer and JD was unable to help me. Fortunately I was able to contact Superior Tech directly and they were kind enough to send me a new wand.

It really makes you think twice about paying extra for the green paint on a product. The 17P cart is $100 less in Brinly black. :-)

As for the rubber center cap on the 17AT cart, it looks like it could be the same yellow rubber center cap used on the X300/X500 front wheels. Those would be readily available.

My thought exactly on the replacement.
    The difference is, the cap on the true Deere is plastic, and the one on the fake Deere (17AT) is vinyl or rubber.
    Now, that said, I do have an extra pair for my 318, as Deere is pretty good at using the same part for a long time. I am going to try tomorrow to remove the large washer that appears to only be there to hold that cap in place, and have a look at how the rest is assembled. Its been a while since I put the thing together.
    I BELIEVE the wheel is the same as whats currently on several Deere models, which also leads me to believe that the plastic cap used in your picture above will work just fine as a replacement as long as I can get the rest of the stuff out of the way. Should be fairly simple, just remove the washer and spacer and put the bolt back in, assuming its not too long.

My issue now is that I really want to know what happened to the parts catalog I KNOW I looked at several times in the last 2 years. Well, prior to 4-6 months ago anyway.
    Where did it go, and why? And is more of this kind of thing going to happen?
    Oh well. I should just do what I am planning and forget about it I guess. Im not likely to ever find out.
    Jim B.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    My thought exactly on the replacement.
    The difference is, the cap on the true Deere is plastic, and the one on the fake Deere (17AT) is vinyl or rubber.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "true Deere" and "fake Deere". My X500 has the yellow caps on the center of the front wheels and they are rubber (vinyl). I also have a 17P cart but it doesn't have any caps over the wheel centers.

Maybe JD used plastic caps on tractors years ago. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years but for the life of me I can't remember what the center caps were like.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "true Deere" and "fake Deere". My X500 has the yellow caps on the center of the front wheels and they are rubber (vinyl). I also have a 17P cart but it doesn't have any caps over the wheel centers.

Maybe JD used plastic caps on tractors years ago. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years but for the life of me I can't remember what the center caps were like.
    What I meant was that the 17AT (fake Deere because its made by Brinly) has soft rubber or vinyl caps to cover the end of the axle on the wheel.
    The "true Deere" meaning, anything actually made by Deere, according to JDParts, has a hard yellow cap, which is part # M143338. This is the same plastic cap Deere has used since at least the 80s. They are a hard plastic cap, as I just bought two from the dealer yesterday. So Im confused how the same part can be two different things in our case. This is very odd.
    If yours arent, you can no longer buy them that way apparently, or something was goofed up at Deere, because JDParts calls for M143338 as the cap for the turf tires on the X500 per JDParts. Are there two different wheel types available? I only saw one listed for the X500.
    They are also the same caps on the wheels of any of the L/G tractors at my dealer that use an 8" front wheel, because thats how we found out it was the same as the previous years.

Youve got me awful confused about what you have on your tractor now. Its certainly not what JDParts says is there, if its a soft rubber cap. If you happen to have, or can find a part number for that soft one, it may stretch enough to work for me. Ive looked at a lot of tractors and cant seem to find anything that will work because that particular cap wont work on my 17AT, as the OD of the wheel hub is too large.
    No big deal, they were cheap and my 318 needed spares anyway, but that doesnt fix my carts issue.

Im going to add a picture of the cap I need, just for reference.
    Deere does have a similar cap, but its very small diameter, and used on the 6" wheels.
    Jim B.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    What I meant was that the 17AT (fake Deere because its made by Brinly) has soft rubber or vinyl caps to cover the end of the axle on the wheel.
    The "true Deere" meaning, anything actually made by Deere, according to JDParts, has a hard yellow cap, which is part # M143338. This is the same plastic cap Deere has used since at least the 80s. They are a hard plastic cap, as I just bought two from the dealer yesterday. So Im confused how the same part can be two different things in our case. This is very odd.
    If yours arent, you can no longer buy them that way apparently, or something was goofed up at Deere, because JDParts calls for M143338 as the cap for the turf tires on the X500 per JDParts. Are there two different wheel types available? I only saw one listed for the X500.
    They are also the same caps on the wheels of any of the L/G tractors at my dealer that use an 8" front wheel, because thats how we found out it was the same as the previous years.
    That is indeed very odd. I looked up some front caps and came up with different numbers for older tractors.

M143338 - listed as front cap for X500, X300, L105, E160 and most other tractors.

M81919 - cap listed for my old 175 Hydro

M96706 - cap listed for the 318

My cap is definitely flexible. While it isn't as soft as a silicon boot, is it close and it does seem just as flexible as the rubber boots on top the steering spindles. Below is an on-line image for part M143338. You can clearly see that it is a soft flexible material.

John Deere Bearing Cover

Specification
    Overall Diameter 1.630 IN
    Length 0.500 IN
    Inside Diameter 1.500 IN
    Flange Diameter 1.827 IN
    Stock Thickness 0.065 IN
    Radius .0000000
    Material PVC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M143338.jpg  

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast