Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Mulch kit for 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-08-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Thanks

Mulch kit for 1025R

Not sure if anyone has posted about this. I am considering buying the mulch kit for my tractor, I was curious if anyone else has it and is it worth the money. I have a large area i am cutting and the grass clippings are everywhere, I am hoping that this will fix my problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted about this. I am considering buying the mulch kit for my tractor, I was curious if anyone else has it and is it worth the money. I have a large area i am cutting and the grass clippings are everywhere, I am hoping that this will fix my problem.
    It is absolutely worth the money. It's very easy to install; it has three bolts attached to it that extend through holes already in the mower deck. Just put on the supplied nuts. Switch the original blades for the mulching blades that come in the package, and off you go to mow.

Before I went for the mulching kit, I spent around 2 years mowing 5 acres of pasture plus a small yard. The only, very slight, negative I've noticed is that Ihave to go a bit slower when the grass is thickest to get good mulching without the mower bogging down. That only little negative is way more than offset by the lack of visible rows of grass clippings, the smaller clippings which decompose more quickly, and the suppression of grass and dirt blowing back on me as I mow. That last one is huge for me. I can't comment about leaf mulching, as I am mowing horse pastures with a few pine trees in them.

I received nothing for this positive review.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 09-04-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (09-04-2018), Robnik (09-06-2018), Thombert (05-06-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    It is absolutely worth the money.

Before I went for the mulching kit, I spent around 2 years mowing 5 acres of pasture plus a small yard. :

Doc,
    You mow 5 acres with the mulching kit on? I have around that of bahia that definitely leaves rows. Never thought of a mulching kit. Do the blades still last a decent amount of time?

2018 1025R, 120R Loader, 60D MMM, BB2048, RC2048
    Robnik likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snhay3 View Post
    Doc,
    You mow 5 acres with the mulching kit on? I have around that of bahia that definitely leaves rows. Never thought of a mulching kit. Do the blades still last a decent amount of time?

I'm still on my first set of muching blades, and honestly haven't checked yet for sharpness. I've been using the mulching kit about 6 months.

I mow the pastures on the highest setting, leaving the MMM in the fully up and locked position. The pastures are coastal bermuda grass, which has pretty thin blades. During the winter I put out a mix of 3 winter ryes to use as forage. The winter rye (Flying A, Winterhawk, and Big Shot) has much wider blades than the standard ornamental winter rye or the coastal bermuda The horses love it, BTW.

I mow the winter rye at either 6 or 7.5 inches with a rotary cutter, and just use the MMM with the mulch kit to do the fence lines and around the edges of my riding arena. Doing the winter rye with the MMM is slow going, I usually put the 1025R in low range at full RPMs to keep from stalling the tractor. That's why I bought the RC, the tractor was struggling a lot with the winter rye, even before the mulching kit.

Mowing the coastal bermuda I can use high range at as fast a speed as my back can handle.
    Robnik likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

Thombert (05-06-2019)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I'm still on my first set of muching blades, and honestly haven't checked yet for sharpness. I've been using the mulching kit about 6 months.

I mow the pastures on the highest setting, leaving the MMM in the fully up and locked position. The pastures are coastal bermuda grass, which has pretty thin blades. During the winter I put out a mix of 3 winter ryes to use as forage. The winter rye (Flying A, Winterhawk, and Big Shot) has much wider blades than the standard ornamental winter rye or the coastal bermuda The horses love it, BTW.

I mow the winter rye at either 6 or 7.5 inches with a rotary cutter, and just use the MMM with the mulch kit to do the fence lines and around the edges of my riding arena. Doing the winter rye with the MMM is slow going, I usually put the 1025R in low range at full RPMs to keep from stalling the tractor. That's why I bought the RC, the tractor was struggling a lot with the winter rye, even before the mulching kit.

Mowing the coastal bermuda I can use high range at as fast a speed as my back can handle.
    I gotcha. I've got about 2 acres of power line I do with thr rotary cutter...kinda expensive implement for 5 to 6 times a year, but I ain't going anywhere anytime soon and I'm happier with it clean and manageable. . My 5ish acre front "yard" is the blade killer bahia and I try to keep it about 3 inches or so. The mulching kit would probably eat my lunch after good rains and that stuff 18" high if I don't jump on it quick. I just try to keep it neat around the house, drive and road. The "middle" away from everything will just have to stay clumpy during the big growing season. . I've mowed with the MMM 6 times and I can already see some wear on the blades but it's going about dormant right now. About 3 more cuts and I'm done!! Whew!

Robnik likes this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    I don't have the mulching kit but I bought some Oregon Gator mulching blades. Today I trimmed up a weeping willow that was hanging to the ground in some spots. I trimmed to the mid point on the ROPS. After trimming I mowed close to the ground around the tree and didn't have to rake up any leaves.

It sure looks better.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    Robnik likes this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rakane For This Useful Post:

xpshooter (12-17-2018)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 10:51 PM
    Thanks
    I would never mow without the mulching kit again, has no problem cutting 3" of grass and doing a pretty darn good job of mulching it with very minimal amount left.
    Robnik, PJR832 and bfloyd4445 like this.

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    02-08-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Thanks
    I really appreciate the info, Just got the 1025r and I am happy with the purchase. Thanks again.
    RetiredDoc and Robnik like this.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    I would never mow without the mulching kit again, has no problem cutting 3" of grass and doing a pretty darn good job of mulching it with very minimal amount left.
    I'll second that, one of the best add ons I've purchased, no visible clippings at all even when mother nature lets it get away once in awhile.
    RetiredDoc and Robnik like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    I love the mulch kit. I think it improves the cut of the 1025r 54" mower and it does a nice job with leaves.
    Robnik, PJR832 and bfloyd4445 like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast