Pin type OVER the bucket pallet forks?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Plug Ugly

Thread: Pin type OVER the bucket pallet forks?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks

Pin type OVER the bucket pallet forks?

Anyone using these? Thoughts?

I've got an older tractor. I think I would benefit from having a set of pallet forks occasionally but I'm not willing to remove my bucket(it gets used a lot) and the ones that clamp on the bottom do not appeal to me.

https://www.palletforks.com/48-pin-t...let-forks.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Visibility would be terrible and they would have all the same issues that clamp on the bucket ones do with extended leverage on your loader, you have to lift your bucket as well as what ever load you're picking up. I can weld stuff together pretty quick, but the time spent prepping, welding and painting the bucket equates to about 397.6 bucket to fork changes. Approximately.

And true pallet forks are cheaper.
    keane and Neb like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks
    deleted...
    Last edited by mark02tj; 09-05-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    I used have set like this design by Alzwelding. I think he shut down. I used it on the FEL for my JD 400 GT and then for my 2210 until I bought some Artillian forks.

Are they the best set up? No, not compared to true pallet forks. Do they work, absolutely but you need to know their constraints and decide if you can live with that.

The bucket will block your view but I don't have a good view with the Artillian forks on my 3 series either. Once you learn to develop a feel for your forks, it's no big deal.

One issue you can't over come is the forks are generally about 24 inches farther out than a normal set up of pallet forks. What this means to you is that you won't be able to lift as much (it was noticeable on my 2210) because the moment arm is further out from the tractor.

Now my set up the bar that held the forks just rested on the J hooks so I could hook the forks on/off with out leaving my seat. The only problem with that is sometimes you didn't get a good hook up or if you moving across rough terrain and didn't have a load on the forks they sometimes would fall off. Not sure how this set up is hooked.

Overall this type of solution worked for me for a couple of years until I discovered Artillian's pallet forks and I had the scratch to buy them. I still have mine, I guess for a rainy day or something. I have a hard time of letting attachments go. It's a cheap solution to the desire to have forks. If you are on a budget then consider them, just remember they have some limitations you will have to work through.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

posi (09-06-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That's the kind of information I'm looking for. Thanks

Not so much on a budget as only have limited need for them and as stated earlier I'm not wanting to remove the bucket, its a bit of a hassle for no more than I'd be using them. I've got no problem lifting 15-1800 lbs as it is so a pallet with a 100 gal diesel tank on it in and out of the bed of a pick-up shouldn't be a problem.

My tractor is an old 2020 with a 48 loader. Stout old tractor but with out modern conveniences and I'm not lookin to reinvent the wheel here.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 03:52 PM
    Thanks
    I've got a 48 loader that goes on a 4010. Since I got a skid loader it doesn't get used much. If it did there's a place called hay spear that makes an adapter to convert it to skid steer quick attach. I'd look into that. It's not cheap but skid steer attachments are everywhere. One of these days I'm going to put the loader on my 2510 and get that adapter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck S For This Useful Post:

posi (09-06-2018)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
    .... there's a place called hay spear that makes an adapter to convert it to skid steer quick attach.....
    Hey thanks for that. I'd never heard of them, they've got some other stuff I need to.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements