Herd GT-77 Spreader Alternative Choices?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RetiredDoc

Thread: Herd GT-77 Spreader Alternative Choices?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

Herd GT-77 Spreader Alternative Choices?

After 3 years of spreading fire ant bait (Extinguish) with hand held spreaders, I decided to buy something that could be used on the tractor. Searching for fire ant bait spreaders on line gives site after site recommending the Herd GT-77, and nothing else.

When I went to the sites that allow ordering the Herd on line, it seems that they are out of stock or it is unavailable.

Is there an alternative fire ant bait spreader that anyone can recommend?
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, no responses so far, so let me ask my own follow-up question.

The Herd Model I-92 spreader is available. It appears to me to be just a Model GT-77 with a slightly bigger hopper, and sells for about $100 more. Does anyone know if this is true, or are there significant differences between the GT-77 and the I-92?
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Still no responses, but here's an update.

easyattachments.com has the Herd GT-77 spreader back in stock as of today. They also have the fire ant plates for it. I just placed my order.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Another update. The Herd spreader, mount, and fire ant bait plates arrived. It was shipped by UPS from easyattachments.com, and although I elected the least expensive shipping, it was delivered on the second day after I placed the order. Easy setup. I spread Extinguish Professional ant bait on Friday. Calibration was very easy, and I keyed it to the top speed of the 1025R tractor in low range, or 4 mph.

The Herd spreader has basically now paid for itself.

The cost of the spreader was very close to what I had been paying a professional to do one ant bait application. From this point on all I'll have to spend on fire ant control for the rest of my life is the cost of the bait itself.
    keane likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements