• 2 Post By Old Cajun
  • 3 Post By Boonie

Thread: iMatch Boom Pole

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

iMatch Boom Pole

I installed a chainfall in my shop about five years ago. It's come in real handy to lift, set things on carts, get things on/off my trailers, lift the canopy off my truck and similar tasks. Now since I have the x739, I'm wanting to take full advantage of the versatility and usefulness.

Since getting my four wheeled toy, and joining the forum here, I've found myself digging in, to different parts throughout the forums, reading, seeing others machines, seeing the numerous implements and attachments, whether it be purchased retail-wise, or designed/built from their own ideas. There's a huge wealth of knowledge shared among everyone. To that, I suggest anyone looking for things (whatever it may be) tractor related, grab your favorite beverage. Don't click on page one, click on the last page first. Progressively go through the specific sub-forum page-by-page. In reverse!! Good stuff hidden in them pages.

Enough mumbling of my ways.

I think I'm going to get a 3-point boom pole. With my garden tractor, lifting weight will be a factor. I'll work on that as situations transpire. For me, I can use a boom pole to lift other implements for cleaning, painting & touching up, lifting and carrying things, getting items on/off my trailers. So for this I'm looking into the light-duty TSC Boom Pole.

I was at TS last week looking at a light duty boom pole they had. It was the burnt yellow color, and it looked light duty. I was baffled how it made it to their store actually, let alone how it got past quality control when it was built. This one had a single loop on the end. The 2nd (rated for 1000lbs) was missing. The bottom of the 3-point frame was also missing the end plates that are shown connected to the cross-section of angle. In fact, the cat-1 pins were welded to the inner part of the angle. What the heck? I was scratching my head. The funny thing about it was the price. Still $149.00. I walked away stymied, and left for home. I should have mentioned it was messed up, then asked about a HUGE discount because it was built wrong, to see what the manager had to say. I could probably get it for a steal. I really don't want to mess with it though.
    Last edited by Boonie; 09-12-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    BigJim55, Old Cajun and Rogero246 like this.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    I used to have a boom pole for my 2720. As you know, most if not all of them are not quick hitch compatible. However, they can be made to mate with the iMatch without too much trouble. I just put a standard set of Cat-3 bushings on the boom pole's lower pins and then attached the top-link connection using one of these yokes. Mounting it was easy. With the boom pole laying on the ground I would first pick up the back and lay the two bushings in the iMatch lower hooks and close the latches. Then I would just raise the boom pole up and attach the top-link with an adapter yoke like shown below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yoke.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I used to have a boom pole for my 2720. As you know, most if not all of them are not quick hitch compatible. However, they can be made to mate with the iMatch without too much trouble. I just put a standard set of Cat-3 bushings on the boom pole's lower pins and then attached the top-link connection using one of these yokes. Mounting it was easy. With the boom pole laying on the ground I would first pick up the back and lay the two bushings in the iMatch lower hooks and close the latches. Then I would just raise the boom pole up and attach the top-link with an adapter yoke like shown below.
    I've seen those extensions. Good mention. I'll check TSC for them and get one.
    BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Huh. I have the heavy duty TSC boom pole and other than one minor scrape in the paint (which got me a 10% discount!) it didn't have any issues at all.
    BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Huh. I have the heavy duty TSC boom pole and other than one minor scrape in the paint (which got me a 10% discount!) it didn't have any issues at all.
    Bought the Heavy duty one from TSC, had 4 or 5 welds I redid, the rest were pretty good.

Still didn't think too bad about it, should have asked for a discount however.
    Pretty easy fixes, but should have been welded a lot better.

Here is an example of the worst one on the main strength plate, pretty much no penetration:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pole boom.jpg  
    BigJim55 and JimR like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I should of taken pictures. I rolled my eyes. I called the same store today to see if they had any in stock. This time it was a male employee. He got all excited thinking he was going to sell the one they had in stock. He had me on the phone as he went to check stock. He confirmed they had one. Then I asked him if it looked right. He says, it's new. I said sure, but it's missing the 2nd inboard loop. He says, it sure is, and laughed. Then I told him to look at the lower pins, and told him there should be a plate welded the ends of the angle iron, that extends behind, with holes in it, that the pins get bolted too. Then I said to look at it. He responded with, what the heck? And laughed some more. I said thanks. I'll check back Friday to see if the others have come in.
    BigJim55, Old Cajun and Steve O like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements