Here is the ballast I whipped up Sat. afternoon.
I used a 2" receiver that mounted to the 3 pt.
It was a 2 pc bolted assembly. I added 8" spacers between the cross bar and the up right to raise the upper link connection.
A 40 gallon? plastic garbage can that i got for free for the "box" part.
All together I spent about $175 for everything including 9) 60 lb bags of cement.
I could of used another bag but it'll work just fine as is.
I was going to originally cut the garbage can off when it was cured but I decided to leave as is.
I figure it weights about 650lb. I also stuck some large studs, bolts and large steel scrap chunks in the mix for "rebar" and added weight.
I have been getting along without a ballast but seeing as I'm going adapt my grapple to the 2720 the added ballast might help.
I've seen other ballasts and I don't like the fact that most of them stick out so far in the back. I use my tractor in the woods and turning around is already hard enough without making the tractor a couple of feet longer.