Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MarkNMO

Thread: sprayer help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 12:09 PM
    Thanks

sprayer help

Hey guys I built a 3 point hitch PTO sprayer for my 3033R. I plumbed it all up today copying the best parts of the many different styles and makes available. I have something bad wrong as the pressure is chattering like crazy.
    6900 Series
    this is the pump I am using which is a positive flow pump and I am coming directly out of bottom of tank with 3/4" fittings and suction hose with a banjo strainer. Everything is at least 3/4" so I don't think it is a restriction.
    TeeJet - Manual Control Valve
    This is the on/off valve I am using. I am coming off the outlet side of pump into the inlet of this valve, again all with 3/4" fittings and hose. Coming out of the back of the valve I ran the supply line to the boomless nozzle (see below)
    400-65501 Boomless Nozzle 3/4 #20 6550-1 - Quality Farm Supply
    coming out of the top of the on/off valve in the pressure gauge port I installed a T with a gauge in top port and a 3/8" port for the hose that attaches the hand sprayer.
    Coming out of the opposite port of the on/off valve I installed a regulator/throttle valve body.
    https://www.spray.com/v1/cat70/cat70...t70_l21-22.pdf
    it is the 8460 variant which shows to work with centrifugal style system (I think this is my problem)
    coming out of the bottom of the valve I ran 3/4" bypass hose into the other fitting in the bottom of the tank. It also has a smaller port and I plumbed it down the line into the bypass going back into the tank. So any help and feedback would be appreciated. If I have the wrong pressure relief would it cause the chattering. I have a clear hose on the bypass and I am getting no solution in that hose with the bypass backed completely out. anyway fire away and thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure what you refer to as chattering. Here's a drawing of the plumbing on the sprayer I built a few years back.

A picture of the manifold. I used the pressure relief line as the agitator on mine. The two solenoid valves control the flow to either the boom, the spray gun, or both. The indicated pressure is with both valves closed, and the roller pump dumping through the relief. When the boom valve is opened, the pressure drops to the 40 PSI recommended for the spray tips used.

Last pic is the view from the seat. Roller pump is a 6 roller Silver Series, hose in and out is 3/4", working hose size on boom and spray gun is 3/8". Boom width is 12', with spacing @ 20".

bama1025r and 1010 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 12:09 PM
    Thanks
    Hey thanks for the reply. That drawing is exactly what I needed, and all indications I have it set up right, but when I kick the pump on it spikes the pressure and the back pressure is so bad on the on/off valve it wont open and eventually blows off a hose. I think with the way its acting I need to put a 3/4" T between the valve and pressure regulator and put my supply from pump there and try it that way. If I am right it would take a lot of pressure off the on/off valve and let the regulator do its job. Anyway thanks for the help and I will report back my findings. Awesome sprayer you have, did you build it all yourself?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the compliment. I based the folding boom off a design by a user named Pine Ridge, on TractorByNet. The boom is overbuilt, I could have got away with a lot less. Everything else was built with materials already on hand.

I may be wrong, but if you're blowing hoses off when the pump is running, the relief is not set/working/plumbed correctly. The relief has to have a clear path to the tank to relieve flow, over and above what is needed for the spray application. The female thread connection on the relief you linked to is the output. There should be no valve between it and the tank. In use, I set up for pressure before chemicals are added. It doesn't take a lot of RPMs on the roller pump to get 40 PSI, so I begin with the relief opened up full. Then slowly crank the adjustment till the needed pressure is indicated. I suppose I could blow the hoses off by bring up the PTO speed higher.

Can you post a picture of your plumbing manifold?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 05:18 PM
    Thanks
    Mark,
    Does the wand extend to a longer length, if so where did you purchase, if you would please share, thanks.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    No, that's full size. I bought it off eBay, but have seen the same one at Tractor Supply, Atwood's, and Orscheln's. The tip can be adjusted for stream........

......or this........

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkNMO For This Useful Post:

Dovetail (02-04-2019)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements