• 9 Post By Kennyd
  • 4 Post By mark02tj
  • 5 Post By Pedals2Paddles

Thread: Replacement / propper hook for Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Thanks
    I'm sure someone has probably figured this out. But I wanted to post my results and pictures too. Obviously whoever in China designed the top hook for the harbor freight quick hitch has never seen a 3 point implement before. It's too short, so it ends up carrying weight that should be on the lift arms. And it's too close to the frame so half the implements don't fit. Dumb dumb dumb. For example, my heavy Hitch only fit if you beat it on with a hammer. And my pine rake didn't fit at all.

I am happy to report this $30ish replacement hook solves both of those problems. The vertical alignment is actually correct, so it has hook contact but the weight is on the lift arms. And it sticks out enough to not jam up on the bolts. Basically it's everything through quick hitch should have had in the first place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1537411058880_1537430708771.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	649208

At around $30 with shipping, it still makes the $80 Harbor Freight quick hitch a great bargain. I'm usually all for buying American even if it costs a little more. But the iMatch cost for what it actually is, is just outrageous IMO.

This hook has part #141137 on a sticker. This can be found at numerous retailers.

https://qualityfarmsupply.com/Produc...-dash-HF141137

https://agcrazy.com/873-hf141137-top...-1-quick-hitch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OKWIIOY/
    Last edited by Pedals2Paddles; 09-20-2018 at 03:10 AM.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55, Bumper and 2 others like this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    Yes this has been discussed many times for both the HF and JD hitches. The supply chain dried up and they were unavailable for a long but now seem available again.

FYI we will have our next batch of the extended iMatch hooks as well as one for the HF hitches ready soon in addition to the custom pins.
    Gizmo2, North585, mark02tj and 8 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (09-20-2018), kylew (09-24-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Googling the part number reveals it seems to originally have been made by Oregon, but they stopped making them. Now it's like someone found a misplaced container of them somewhere and all of a sudden they exist again. I was actually surprised to find you didn't have something for this already. I was going to grab some 1/2" pins next time I'm at TSC to replace the bolts too.
    greenharley likes this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,947 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Yes this has been discussed many times for both the HF and JD hitches. The supply chain dried up and they were unavailable for a long but now seem available again.

FYI we will have our next batch of the extended iMatch hooks as well as one for the HF hitches ready soon in addition to the custom pins.
    greenharley and kylew like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    Googling the part number reveals it seems to originally have been made by Oregon, but they stopped making them. Now it's like someone found a misplaced container of them somewhere and all of a sudden they exist again. I was actually surprised to find you didn't have something for this already. I was going to grab some 1/2" pins next time I'm at TSC to replace the bolts too.

Well ours wont be from a “container” they will be made in the USA, as are the custom pins.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

I have a Speeco QH. From what P2P posted for a replacement, I'm guessing that the hole spacing is the same for the Speeco and the HF.

When you're ready for a beta tester, Kenny, let me know! Or, if you want me to take some measurements of my Speeco, I'm happy to do that as well. Whatever I can do to help - I think I owe you one!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I have a Speeco QH. From what P2P posted for a replacement, I'm guessing that the hole spacing is the same for the Speeco and the HF.
    Ya the hook has a Speeco sticker on it. But the part number is an Oregon number. And it's being sold by a multitude of retailers for several different quick hitches. So it would seem the Speeco and Harbor Freight quick hitches use the same hooks. This is good for Kenny since he can make one hook that can be marketed for multiple different types of hitches.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements