• 2 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By firemachine69

Thread: 2032r snow pusher vs blower. 600ft lane

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks

2032r snow pusher vs blower. 600ft lane

I'm thinking of ordering a 2032r shortly and not sure I need the snowblower. I live in northern Ontario and have a 600ft driveway. We don't usually get big dumps of wet snow--would the snow push work well on this tractor and size of driveway or should I consider the blower? What are pros and cons to each?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Snow pushers are designed to push straight ahead. That can create a bit of a problem when you have a long path to plow as there is no place for the snow to go but in front of the pusher.

Plows on the other hand can be angled and push the snow off to the side as you travel. Snow blowers work in a similar fashion except they blow the snow off to the side.

Looking at the layout of your driveway should help you decide if pushing snow in a straight path is going to work.
    fdmars and BigJim55 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I run out of traction long before I run out of power.

I'd either get the plow with the wings, or the blower. The front blower is really nice, but $$$.

Your drive is just too long for a pusher. On a 6-8" snowfall, I can do about a 100' drive before I have a really big mound of snow I need to dump somewhere. The loader arms on your compact tractor are rather flexible. It doesn't steer too well, which a blade at least can.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    I have both a hydraulically angled plow and snowblower, and they serve different purposes in my mind.

With a 3-4” snow fall, a plow makes quick work of things. It’s fast, efficient and once you get practiced, you, you can get the 600’ and parking pad cleaned up quickly.
    With a big dump, it becomes a pain becuase you have to take smaller passes to get the snow moved over and pushed up and over the existing bank of snow.
    As pointed out, with a plow, you need a place to put the snow as you move down the driveway. If you have trees, fence or whatever, you eventually run out of space, especially after back to back heavy snow falls.

A snow blower shines with +4”. Under that, it’s really a snow pusher. Get a +6” dump and a blower is invaluable from my perspective. You’ll be able to move the snow a long ways away so you don’t get snow banks building up, and if you do have banks from plowing, the blower will remove them periodically.

I guess if i could only have one, I’d get the hydraulic plow as long as there was room to the side of the road to push the snow to.
    BigJim55 and JimR like this.
    3320 w/ Imatch, 300CX, 375 BH, 5' box blade, b box
    X748 w/ 62C & 54C deck, 47" blower w/quick hitch
    2025R w/Imatch, R120, RC2048, 60D w/ind. lift, 54" blade w/quick hitch, Frontier grapple
    590M w/winch, maxxis, roof

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by North585 View Post
    If you have trees, fence or whatever, you eventually run out of space, especially after back to back heavy snow falls.
    This is really the make/break for a plow. If you've got 20'-30' of clear space on either side of the driveway to push snow to, you can do ok. If you've only got 5' on either side, you're sunk and need a blower.
    North585 and firemachine69 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I have about a 200ft straight section and then a 450ft straight section out to the road. It gets - 35c here fairly common but we don't get big dumpings of snow often.

I am planning on getting a back blade, would that along with the pusher do a decent job? I also have quite a bit of room on both sides of driveway to make a wide path. I would like the blower but trying to save some $ for the backhoe next yr!

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    Here in our part of the bush....
    We have a gravel drive, a 2032R and a 3pt blower. It is only 50" wide blower and 6" narrower than the tires (turfs) with 2 link ladder chains. That is OK as it is no trouble to make an extra pass to clean up now and then. I'm not into a perfect job in one pass. Also what counts is this width blower was available, in good condition, and cheap.

Like said, it is easy to run out of places to push and pile snow with the FEL, so having the blower to launch snow over the top is nice feature to have.

My 5 cents of opinion.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernGreen View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have about a 200ft straight section and then a 450ft straight section out to the road. It gets - 35c here fairly common but we don't get big dumpings of snow often.

I am planning on getting a back blade, would that along with the pusher do a decent job? I also have quite a bit of room on both sides of driveway to make a wide path. I would like the blower but trying to save some $ for the backhoe next yr!
    Biggest issue with back blades is that they don't do a good job of scraping.

I'll be running my blower/HLA pusher this winter, again, but virtually no commercial accounts.
    OldmanX likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements