Green Tractor Talk banner

Artillian Diverter Valve kit

8K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TMoore 
#1 · (Edited)
My diverter kit came today. I hope to install it this weekend in preparation of my new Frontier grapple I hope will arrive in the next week or 2. Anyone have any tips on installation before I get started?

#3 · (Edited)
Its pretty simple.

A push button switch mounted to the loader control. I used a good quality electrical tape and Automotive goop to hold mine securely in place.
A source for power that is energized while the tractor is on (switched power).
A Ground wire, I attached to a fastener that went into the frame.
The diverter valve mounted on the right side on the loader. I mounted mine with 2) 1/4 studs that I screwed into the cast parking stand after tapping the holes.
And mounting the quick connects on the front of the loader behind the bucket. Artillian supplies a extra big hose clamp to go around the horizontal piece.

If you have issues call Artillian, ask for Tom, hes a wizard and just an all around decent guy who will spend the time needed to help you and he cares about his product and customers.

I have installed an Artillian Diverter Valve system on a 460 Loader and I have transferred that same Diverter Valve system onto a 2720.

Have fun with your Grapple, to me its the most used item on my tractors.

Tractor Agricultural machinery Vehicle Tree Plant

#4 ·
It seemed like a pretty daunting task when I opened the box for mine but just lay the parts out, take your time and follow the directions step-by-step. Once you get going it turns out to be easier than it looks.

#5 ·
The only tip I have is I installed mine with the loader off. It gave me more room to work.

Reactions: Kennyd
#6 ·
I installed mine when the tractor was new and I was installing Independent Lift and prepping it for the cab wiring. I can't remember if the factory wring was a connect to the battery or the accy (cigar lighter) power port---neither of which I car for. So I added a fuse in the power distribution center, which is a bit involved, but i was there with the other things any way.

My only complaint is the hydraulic lines from the diverter valve to the floorboard couplers are a bit short and make it difficult to remove/install the FEL. It finally bothered me enough that I ordered longer lines this week...at $65.00!

Reactions: TMoore
#9 ·
That would depend on which machine you have. I don't see any mention of a specific model anywhere here.:dunno:

Reactions: Kennyd
#8 ·
I would recommend you obtain the feed at the power distribution center (PDC) (fuseblock) and connect to the "run" bus. In this manner, the diverter will be disabled when the ignition is off. There are several different ways to do this, depending on your electrical knowledge and skill level.

1. My first choice would be to identify the "run" bus and a connection point. This can be determined by identifying fuse F08, the 10A "Run" fuse. Identify the red wire with "072" tracer marking. Splice the diverter fuse tail into this wiring by stripping the insulation off in a section, without cutting the wire itself. Wrap the fuseholder tail wire around it, solder, and wrap with quality tape.

2. My second choice would be to utilize a mini-ATM fuse tap. Simply remove fuse F08, insert the tap in its place, install fuse F08 in the tap and install a second fuse (5.0A) for the diverter. You'll need to be sure you correctly orient the tap so the diverter fuse is fed from the hot side of the F08 receptacle of the PDC. You would not utilize the inline fuse supplied with the diverter wiring.

Note: The references noted and the wiring diagrams attached are for a 2017 model. The wiring may have changed for the 2018 model. check your owner's manual illustration of the PDC to confirm the location of the "run" fuse.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.