• 1 Post By Ray_PA

Thread: Mower deck dolly?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Thanks

Question Mower deck dolly?

Deckdolly.com
    Has anyone have this for their mower deck? Around $300 shipped is kind of pricey. Just wonder is it worth it? There is good reviews on YouTube. I want to use it for my 2016 x738 with a 60HC drive over auto connect deck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Thanks
    If you were in MN, I'd sell you one I have for half of that. I didn't care for it. The vertical support plates, that holds the stand when in the upright position, are parallel to the wheels and low to the ground. When you want to move it with the deck on, you have to carry handles very low, so the upright plates do not drag. As such, you have to move it hunched over. It appears to be much handier than it really is.

I went back to Mower Deck Axles, a site supporter. In my opinion, much easier to move around and no more work to install or lift, if not less. Some models have larger diameter wheels than others, but the shafts are the same diameter. Be sure to get them with the largest diameter wheels you can. If you're unsure, drop him an email with the model of tractor/deck and tell him you want the largest diameter wheels. The large wheels are easier rolling than the small across concrete and I could even roll my deck through the grass, to the storage shed, with the large wheels.
    Last edited by martincom; 09-30-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Kennyd and North585 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have the Deck Dolly for my 60D MMM, and I found everything about it in the previous post to be problems for me as well.

The real problem for me at my age is trying to make the lift between the deck in wheelbarrow mode to the upright (vertical) storage or blade sharpening mode. I just cannot make that weightlifting transition. So, for me the deck is almost worthless, even after adding extension handles to add 3 feet more to the lever arms.

I say almost worthlessbecause I can use the FEL and bucket hooks to lift it for me for blade removal, sharpening, and reinstallation. But once it's upright for storage, I can't move it. So vertical storage is limited by access to the storage wall with the FEL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dolly.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	651008
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 09-30-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Toughsox likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I have the Deck Dolly for my 60D MMM, and I found everything about it in the previous post to be problems for me as well.

The real problem for me at my age is trying to make the lift between the deck in wheelbarrow mode to the upright (vertical) storage or blade sharpening mode. I just cannot make that weightlifting transition. So, for me the deck is almost worthless, even after adding extension handles to add 3 feet more to the lever arms. I posted pictures of this in a previous thread if you want to look for them.

I say almost worthlessbecause I can use the FEL and bucket hooks to lift it for me for blade removal, sharpening, and reinstallation. But once it's upright for storage, I can't move it. So vertical storage is limited by access to the storage wall with the FEL.
    Me, too. I forgot about having to change your grip half way up.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 54HC deck and find the deck dolly has been my favorite accessory for the X739, probably use it several times a month if not more. I don't know how much more the 60 deck weighs over the 54 but I don't find it that difficult to move the deck around or flip it up to work on the underside, sure beats the alternatives in my opinion.
    Last edited by eric102; 09-30-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Thanks
    Here's what I'm doing for my 62" deck.
    https://www.mytractorforum.com/12-jo...ie-wheels.html
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:32 PM
    Thanks
    I actually have the newer design deck dolly. It is designed better than the first models, although, be sure to get the long handle version. The new model has curved handles so the transition is easier, albeit, this deck is heavy so it still takes some muscle.

Yes, moving the mmm around with the deck dolly is heavy, although, I do like the way it stands when upright and it is pretty stable when upright.

So, if you can handle the weight while moving it (about like moving a loaded wheelbarrow) and are able to lift it to get it upright (again, about like dumping a loaded wheelbarrow), then it is OK.

I like mine, albeit, I wouldn't want to use it every day, if you know what I mean!!!

Let's face it, moving these mmm's isn't easy, because of there weight.
    Toughsox likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements