GPS Trackers to Attach to Tractor
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By meyerld
  • 2 Post By jdmich
  • 1 Post By Herminator
  • 2 Post By H-D dealer dude
  • 3 Post By meyerld
  • 1 Post By jdmich
  • 1 Post By johnH123

Thread: GPS Trackers to Attach to Tractor

  1. Top | #1
    meyerld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:02 PM
    Location
    Adairsville, Georgia
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts

    GPS Trackers to Attach to Tractor

    I was wondering if anyone is using the small concealed GPS tracking transmitters on their expensive tractors or equipment? I am considering this and looking for any experience out there with these, particularly battery life and how well they work.
    Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    2018 Deere 6105E Tractor fully optioned
    2016 Deere 5085E Tractor
    2015 Deere 5065E Tractor
    H 260 Loader
    H310 Loader
    HX-15 Batwing Cutter
    MX-8 Cutter
    Cat 2 I match Quick Hitch
    Grapples
    Box Scraper
    Deere X485 Lawn Tractor
    Vintage Deere 160 Lawn Tractor

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    jdmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Location
    North/East of Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    3,430
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 343 Times in 271 Posts
    Have one on my phone that works well. Not sure what you’re wanting to do. JD Mower plus app works pretty good. This was my mow yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F124837D-D481-4AEA-B883-AD926DB1AF81.jpeg  
    Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

    2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

  4. Top | #3
    Herminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks
    1,731
    Thanked 841 Times in 630 Posts
    I think he means like this.
    https://secure.thetrackr.com/product...e-bravo-8-pack

    I have tried these. The battery life in a non cold environment is 6 months maybe less if it is close to you and stays connected to your phone. They only work if someone else has this app on there phone and it is active. I also had it tell me that my trailer and wallet were they n places they were not. Once a few miles from home, once 60 miles.

    If your tractor was stolen and perhaps taken to a major city, perhaps it would help.

    I guess I was not impressed.
    jdmich likes this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

    2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    3,228
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 201 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Have one on my phone that works well. Not sure what you’re wanting to do. JD Mower plus app works pretty good. This was my mow yesterday.
    I use this app all the time. However I believe he is talking about something like a LoJack device. So the tractor can be tracked in case of being stolen. Unfortunately I'm not a big know it all when it comes to GPS devices. I'd recommend searching the web for what is available now a days.

    We had a vendor at our motorcycle shop open house one year. I think the brand was called Home Link or something. Similar to LoJack they are powered by the tractor battery. However they usually have an internal/separate battery to keep them active if the main battery is dead or disconnected. Unfortunately the back up battery doesn't last forever. Hope this helps.
    jdmich and Herminator like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

  7. Top | #5
    meyerld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:02 PM
    Location
    Adairsville, Georgia
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I use this app all the time. However I believe he is talking about something like a LoJack device. So the tractor can be tracked in case of being stolen. Unfortunately I'm not a big know it all when it comes to GPS devices. I'd recommend searching the web for what is available now a days.

    We had a vendor at our motorcycle shop open house one year. I think the brand was called Home Link or something. Similar to LoJack they are powered by the tractor battery. However they usually have an internal/separate battery to keep them active if the main battery is dead or disconnected. Unfortunately the back up battery doesn't last forever. Hope this helps.
    Yes thanks guys...I am looking at it for security. Lets say my barn is broken into and they drive off with the tractor when we're not home and before cops can respond. Would be nice to track it to get it back.
    2018 Deere 6105E Tractor fully optioned
    2016 Deere 5085E Tractor
    2015 Deere 5065E Tractor
    H 260 Loader
    H310 Loader
    HX-15 Batwing Cutter
    MX-8 Cutter
    Cat 2 I match Quick Hitch
    Grapples
    Box Scraper
    Deere X485 Lawn Tractor
    Vintage Deere 160 Lawn Tractor

  8. Top | #6
    jdmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Location
    North/East of Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    3,430
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 343 Times in 271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerld View Post
    I was wondering if anyone is using the small concealed GPS tracking transmitters on their expensive tractors or equipment? I am considering this and looking for any experience out there with these, particularly battery life and how well they work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    I think he means like this.
    https://secure.thetrackr.com/product...e-bravo-8-pack

    I have tried these. The battery life in a non cold environment is 6 months maybe less if it is close to you and stays connected to your phone. They only work if someone else has this app on there phone and it is active. I also had it tell me that my trailer and wallet were they n places they were not. Once a few miles from home, once 60 miles.

    If your tractor was stolen and perhaps taken to a major city, perhaps it would help.

    I guess I was not impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I use this app all the time. However I believe he is talking about something like a LoJack device. So the tractor can be tracked in case of being stolen. Unfortunately I'm not a big know it all when it comes to GPS devices. I'd recommend searching the web for what is available now a days.

    We had a vendor at our motorcycle shop open house one year. I think the brand was called Home Link or something. Similar to LoJack they are powered by the tractor battery. However they usually have an internal/separate battery to keep them active if the main battery is dead or disconnected. Unfortunately the back up battery doesn't last forever. Hope this helps.
    Yep opps sorry guys read that one wrong. Sometimes I just cruise threw posts and read them wrong
    Herminator likes this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

    2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

  9. Top | #7
    johnH123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,364
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 327 Times in 276 Posts
    If you want the ultimate in protection, (could make a joke here but i won't ) look into the JDLink system. Its standard on construction equipment and is geared towards your situation and concerns.

    JDLink | Construction Technology Solutions | John Deere US
    Herminator likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

    Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

  10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •