another suggestion for KennyD or one of the other vendors here......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: another suggestion for KennyD or one of the other vendors here......

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks

another suggestion for KennyD or one of the other vendors here......

Ok, so since my last suggestion, which I thought I had a brainstorm about (but had been done already, yeesh) I have searched high and low and could not see this being offered or made yet.

After watching this video by Tim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=061lSgyPUaU as I was watching him take the tiller off the trailer, and seeing him using the chains on Ken's hooks, the thing that was glaring out at me was his FEL receiver hitch, which was not being used.

Could someone make a simple attachment that could use the receiver hitch with a top link hook on it, so all he would have had to do was tilt down, drive in and scoop up the tiller, without the need for chains?

Not sure if Im describing it the right way but hopefully someone with better terminology could explain it better if Im doing it wrong.

Also, Im all ready for the 'its been done already" incoming-fire so, lay it on me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Toughsox For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (10-02-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    That's a good idea. The only issue I can think of is the weight. When you figure that even a 48" tiller can weigh close to 500 lbs. That is a tremendous amount of weight to apply to the middle of the bucket top edge. The leverage would be even more because the hook would stick out a bit. Also, most implements are designed to be lifted by the bottom pins and not the top link connection. To make matters worse, if lifted by the top link point the unbalanced implement would probably swing inward or even hang off to the side.

Kenny does sell a Ball Dog adapter that allows the receiver to be used for attaching chains, hooks and other useful things. I have one and it often comes in handy. It also fits over a 2" hitch ball and locks in place with a pin allowing you to attach chain hooks and such to a trailer ball.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E26R3956.jpg  
    etcallhome, Levi, Robnik and 5 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    That's a good idea. The only issue I can think of is the weight. When you figure that even a 48" tiller can weigh close to 500 lbs. That is a tremendous amount of weight to apply to the middle of the bucket top edge. The leverage would be even more because the hook would stick out a bit. Also, most implements are designed to be lifted by the bottom pins and not the top link connection. To make matters worse, if lifted by the top link point the unbalanced implement would probably swing inward or even hang off to the side.

Kenny does sell a Ball Dog adapter that allows the receiver to be used for attaching chains, hooks and other useful things. I have one and it often comes in handy. It also fits over a 2" hitch ball and locks in place with a pin allowing you to attach chain hooks and such to a trailer ball.
    What if the hook was at the same angle as the other hooks on the bucket?
    Hard to describe, but basically it would be at such and angle that the bucket would be tilted down almost all the way to even attempt to hook the tiller or other implement.
    With the bucket level, the hook would be pointing to the rear of the tractor.
    In that orientation, the load would be pulling straight down. That should be ok for the bucket, but any "non-careful" movements could cause some damage with heavier stuff.
    Kennys reinforcing plate should help a bit with this too.

I agree too about the lifting, but I believe that the reason for this is that while in use, there are more stresses on the lower portion.
    There is also quite a bit of stress on the upper mount too, to keep implements level, like tillers when they are bouncing about.
    I dont think lifting the implement itself in that way would hurt much of anything, but that would need to be a piece by piece decision the owner would have to make.
    Last edited by IndianaJim; 10-02-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Levi, Robnik, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    Not exactly what you are asking, I think, but something like this seems like might it work better and accomplish the general idea - Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Attachments for Subcompact & Compact Tractors and search for 3Pt quick hitch adapter.
    Levi, keane, Robnik and 1 others like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oscar Leroy For This Useful Post:

Chipmeister (10-03-2018)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    maybe he could just make a quick hitch top hook thing. You put this hook into the receiver, tip the bucket all the way down, hook the pin and rotate the bucket back.

The advantage is that the lower part of the implement is resting on the bucket edge, so it cant swing. depending on the geometry of the bucket and implement, the lower lift pin frame could even rest on the bucket.
    Kennyd, Levi, Robnik and 2 others like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    maybe he could just make a quick hitch top hook thing. You put this hook into the receiver, tip the bucket all the way down, hook the pin and rotate the bucket back.

The advantage is that the lower part of the implement is resting on the bucket edge, so it cant swing. depending on the geometry of the bucket and implement, the lower lift pin frame could even rest on the bucket.
    That's what I was thinking John as I read the first post.

I know hooks like this are readily available, it might work:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails review-tow-ready-tow-hook-tr63044_644.jpg  
    etcallhome, North585, Levi and 9 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    It’s a good idea but seeing and lining up the hook would be an issue. Then the hazard of having someone in a position to be able to see yet be out of the way. Of course after the fight between operator and watcher/guider there would be the “You tried to kill me on purpose, didn’t you”
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 3 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,276 Posts
    That's just strange, everyone else is trying to find a better to lift that tiller out of the trailer and what I took away from it was that he picked that 500# without rear ballast.
    etcallhome, Levi, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    ...what I took away from it was that he picked that 500# without rear ballast.
    Definitely not a trick to be performed by amateurs like me!
    Levi, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    That's just strange, everyone else is trying to find a better to lift that tiller out of the trailer and what I took away from it was that he picked that 500# without rear ballast.
    Not entirely without ballast, he's got wheel weights on.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast