Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Thinking about a quick hitch

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks

Thinking about a quick hitch

I got a 1025R TLB last month and just recently put the three point hitch on. I've found it's a pretty major hassle to swap between my box blade and tiller. I know the quick hitch will help with swapping between implements, but I'm also wondering if it will speed up the process of installing/removing the three point hitch when it comes time to reinstall the backhoe. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm also considering getting the Harbor Freight quick hitch rather than the JD iMatch. Are they functionally any different if I swap in a different top hook that extends further out from the frame?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Thanks
    Pat's Easy Change System (ECS) is the route that I went for a quick hitch some years ago. I would strongly consider the testimonials from their website and this forum while considering your choice. Many of the testimonials on this forum are mine, as I purchased my ECS after a failed experience with a Speeco QH.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
    I got a 1025R TLB last month and just recently put the three point hitch on. I've found it's a pretty major hassle to swap between my box blade and tiller. I know the quick hitch will help with swapping between implements, but I'm also wondering if it will speed up the process of installing/removing the three point hitch when it comes time to reinstall the backhoe. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm also considering getting the Harbor Freight quick hitch rather than the JD iMatch. Are they functionally any different if I swap in a different top hook that extends further out from the frame?
    Last edited by PikeCoGreenTractorMan; 10-04-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    ColonyPark, odis, mike01 and 1 others like this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kelchm View Post

I have both the HF and JD quick hitches. I can tell you that there is a world of difference in the quality between them. However, the HF unit is much cheaper, both in price and quality. Your choice.

Dave
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    I have the HF unit. It works just fine for me at 1/4 the cost. After having just bought the 1025r TLB with a bunch of implements, I couldn't afford the green paint, as much as I wanted to. It does make it easier to swap between all my implements, but my Frontier box blade doesn't work with it due to gussets by the bottom pins.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    I used the HF quick hitch and it is just fine. Buy the replacement top hook, and it solves all the potential problems related to fitment of some implements up there. Replacement / propper hook for Harbor Freight Quick Hitch
    mike01 likes this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Buy once Cry once

I've learned that the hard way with a couple of things and will never buy simply for the better price again.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeCoGreenTractorMan View Post
    Pat's Easy Change System (ECS) is the route that I went for a quick hitch some years ago. I would strongly consider the testimonials from their website and this forum while considering your choice.

Brian

I had, or still have, a HF QH. My implements are a myriad of brands, none of them JD. I got sick of fighting with my implements, trying to get them to fit the HF QH. I bought the Pat's ECS and have never looked back.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    I don't have 3-point implements mounted too often, so I can't rationalize a Quick Hitch. I'm still agile/healthy where I can get them mounted without issue. I do have all my implements on some form of wheel/caster storage device. Not only does that make it handy to move them around the shop, but it does make mounting them far easier. It also keeps them off the floor, which preserves paint and slows down rust.
    Last edited by martincom; 10-04-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    ColonyPark likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    The OP’s question was about changing out the 3-point hitch when installing the backhoe. For that the Pat’s system would be great. With the iMatch hitch it would entail removing that plus removing the arms. With the Pat’s system it can stay in place - just remove the arms with them attached.

This thread should be in the implement section - not specific to sub-compacts.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (10-04-2018)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    The OP’s question was about changing out the 3-point hitch when installing the backhoe. For that the Pat’s system would be great. With the iMatch hitch it would entail removing that plus removing the arms. With the Pat’s system it can stay in place - just remove the arms with them attached.

Thanks Stan. When I first read the OP's post, that was my first thought as well. But somewhere between reading the replies and typing my response, I lost that thought.
    mark02tj and PJR832 like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast