Front Scoop / Bucket - Not a FEL.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Front Scoop / Bucket - Not a FEL.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 03:42 PM
    Thanks

Front Scoop / Bucket - Not a FEL.

I don't need a true FEL, but a front mounted scoop/bucket to move dirt and gravel would be very handy. Ideally the mount would allow me to switch to a grapple. My 2018 1025R has the hydraulic controller by the seat so hopefully I could use it.

I've not found anything so far so any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    I don't need a true FEL, but a front mounted scoop/bucket to move dirt and gravel would be very handy. Ideally the mount would allow me to switch to a grapple. My 2018 1025R has the hydraulic controller by the seat so hopefully I could use it.

I've not found anything so far so any help is appreciated.
    Actually, by your very description you DO need a FEL. :-) There is nothing else that you can mount to the front of your tractor that will move dirt & gravel and allow the use of a grapple.

Now, if all you wanted to do was move dirt/gravel you might be able to get away with a rear 3PH scoop (see below).

But for any grapple functions the FEL is the only answer. Just by the nature of the way the FEL mounts to the tractor it is the only way the tractor can handle that much weight up front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scoop.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,541 Posts
    If you have a front Quick Hitch (like for a snowblower or plow) then there are aftermarket scoops and at least one grapple available.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    John Deere does make a 54" tractor shovel for the X700 models of tractors. I'd imagine you could probably make it work on the 1025R, but if you don't already have the quick hitch, 54" plow and hydraulic angling kit I think you're going to find once all the prices are added up you're not going to be too far off from the price of the FEL and you'll have less than half the usability. Not to mention using a grapple in this setup; I just couldn't see it being anything more than frustrating.

I had considered buying one for my X730 for a short while, but after using one and being very disappointed (they're quite weak, can't lift very high, and have a really small bucket), then finding out the total cost, it was just one of the many things that lead me to upgrade to a 1025R and do everything all in one go using the 0% financing.
    Levi and firemachine69 like this.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etkini View Post
    John Deere does make a 54" tractor shovel for the X700 models of tractors. I'd imagine you could probably make it work on the 1025R, but if you don't already have the quick hitch, 54" plow and hydraulic angling kit I think you're going to find once all the prices are added up you're not going to be too far off from the price of the FEL and you'll have less than half the usability. Not to mention using a grapple in this setup; I just couldn't see it being anything more than frustrating.

I had considered buying one for my X730 for a short while, but after using one and being very disappointed (they're quite weak, can't lift very high, and have a really small bucket), then finding out the total cost, it was just one of the many things that lead me to upgrade to a 1025R and do everything all in one go using the 0% financing.
    ^^^^ What he said. The quick hitch mount on these tractors is quite flimsy. I cannot imagine attaching dirt handling attachments to it.

To the OP... what is your adversity to using the loader frame for your attachments? It is a lot stronger and a LOT easier to swap attachments than anything you'd ever hook to the quick hitch.
    Levi likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Thanks
    That's like saying... I don't need a backhoe but something to attach to the rear that can dig a hole,/trench, and pull up stumps would be real nice.

Kidding around....but in all seriousness, why not just get a FEL? It will make your tractor so much more useful!
    mjncad, etcallhome and Levi like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 03:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    That's like saying... I don't need a backhoe but something to attach to the rear that can dig a hole,/trench, and pull up stumps would be real nice.

Kidding around....but in all seriousness, why not just get a FEL? It will make your tractor so much more useful!
    I guess it does sound funny the way I asked ... my reasons are primarily cost and storage space. As has been pointed out, it might end up at close to the cost of a FEL, which is part of my reason for asking. I don't want a three point scoop as my short term need is to move dirt to some ruts and low spaces and smooth them out with a box blade. Previous to the 1025 I had an X500 and had considered a Johnny Bucket and similar. A post today mentioned the Innovative Tractor Attachments LLC – Bringing great tractor ideas to life! grappel and it seemed like a good solution for my limited needs.

Thanks to all for your advice and "comments". I will keep reading and learning.
    Big likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,541 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    A post today mentioned the Innovative Tractor Attachments LLC – Bringing great tractor ideas to life! grappel and it seemed like a good solution for my limited needs.

Thanks to all for your advice and "comments". I will keep reading and learning.
    That's what I was thinking of earlier, but you still need the QH for your tractor. Do you already have that?

Here is a thread showing the front shovel that goes on the 54 blade:
    JD 54" Tractor Shovel
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks
    Once you have had a FEL, the uses for a tractor will increase many fold. You mention cost and space limitations, both of which are very real indeed. However, to move dirt, you need some serious hydraulics. What about trading for a 1023E with the D120 FEL?
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks
    I had the 54" tractor shovel for my X758. I remember reading somewhere (perhaps the owner's manual) that it is not to be used on the 1 series. If I remember correctly, it was because the hydraulics were too powerful and so the shovel would lift more than the quick hitch could support. Or...something to that effect.

Anyway, the shovel is okay, but nothing compared to a loader. I resurfaced a 1000 foot driveway with it...took days. With loader and box blade on a 1025R it took two hours.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast