• 4 Post By ddinham
  • 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By C-Range
  • 1 Post By Dovetail
  • 1 Post By Town Manager
  • 1 Post By Dovetail
  • 2 Post By jgayman
  • 2 Post By Town Manager

Thread: Front End Loader 3046R pigtails?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks

Front End Loader 3046R pigtails?

It's difficult, for me, to connect and disconnect the FEL hydraulic lines especial the red, and blue on the right side with the black metal item underneath - they are very close together? Has anyone added pigtails (short hydraulic lines) staggered in length with the red longest and yellow shortest, or will that present an interference problem, with the loader mounted that I've overlooked? Would have been nice if the quick connects were different lengths, or the frame holding the four lines angled, I've seen on other models!
    Thanks for any tips, and your comments!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FEL.jpg  
    greenharley likes this.
    New Green, 3046R cab, 60" deck, and FEL, soon to be departed Orange BX2200 60" deck, and FEL

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Definitely looks tight! Try wearing some disposable Nitrile or latex gloves to connect/disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    greenharley, PJR832 and Dovetail like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    It's difficult, for me, to connect and disconnect the FEL hydraulic lines especial the red, and blue on the right side with the black metal item underneath - they are very close together? Has anyone added pigtails (short hydraulic lines) staggered in length with the red longest and yellow shortest, or will that present an interference problem, with the loader mounted that I've overlooked? Would have been nice if the quick connects were different lengths, or the frame holding the four lines angled, I've seen on other models!
    Thanks for any tips, and your comments!

When I blew one of the hoses on my 4066R, I had them make the new one with a right angle connector. Eventually, all of them will be replaced with right angle connectors.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Is that the MMM below the connectors? If so, is it possible to lower it slightly prior to removing the loader?
    greenharley likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    The connections are certainly on the short side, but you just have to develop your skills enough to pull up close enough to plug them in. Then you won't have excess slack in the lines that are liable to get pinched or kinked and subsequently more easily damaged.
    greenharley likes this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Is that the MMM below the connectors? If so, is it possible to lower it slightly prior to removing the loader?
    Yes, I have a MMM, the tractor is still to new me, I didn't think of that? Will try when connecting my FEL, but the close proximity still makes it difficult to get a good grip, I'll try the Nitrite gloves advice from above, thanks.
    PJR832 likes this.
    New Green, 3046R cab, 60" deck, and FEL, soon to be departed Orange BX2200 60" deck, and FEL

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Thanks
    With the 955, the FEL hydraulic quick connects are mounted side by side, and one above the other in a 2 x 2 pattern. I installed 2 extension fittings on the top two connections. My extentions consisted of 2 male and female quick disconnect fittings. Basically, when purchased, the male was plugged into the female fitting. I removed the male from the female, threaded the two fittings together to create a fitting which was male at one end, and a female at the other. I plugged the male end into the upper QD fitting on the 955, and plugged the hose into the female end of the extension. This places the connections in a different plane simplifying the removal and installation. I would have photos, but it is dark out. Let me know if you want photos, and I will get them in daylight.

Dave
    PJR832 likes this.
    1990 955
    Curtis Cab
    Model 59 2 stage snowblower
    72" mid mount mower
    Model 70A loader with Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders

1990 420 repowered with V Twin Honda
    Cozy Cab
    Model 47 2 stage snowblower
    60" mid mount mower
    3 bag Material Collection System

1939 Oliver Row Crop 70

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Manager View Post
    With the 955, the FEL hydraulic quick connects are mounted side by side, and one above the other in a 2 x 2 pattern. I installed 2 extension fittings on the top two connections. My extentions consisted of 2 male and female quick disconnect fittings. Basically, when purchased, the male was plugged into the female fitting. I removed the male from the female, threaded the two fittings together to create a fitting which was male at one end, and a female at the other. I plugged the male end into the upper QD fitting on the 955, and plugged the hose into the female end of the extension. This places the connections in a different plane simplifying the removal and installation. I would have photos, but it is dark out. Let me know if you want photos, and I will get them in daylight.

Dave
    Please do take photos, I'm a little confused about the fittings, so you added an extra fitting without the hydraulic hose to lengthen? Do you know if they make a longer quick disconnect fitting? No rush, when you get some free time, thanks for replying.
    PJR832 likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    Please do take photos, I'm a little confused about the fittings, so you added an extra fitting without the hydraulic hose to lengthen? Do you know if they make a longer quick disconnect fitting? No rush, when you get some free time, thanks for replying.
    The photo below should illustrate connecting two fittings together back-to-back to form an "extension" without the use of a hose. You just need to make sure the thread types on the two couplers match up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails couplers.jpg  
    PJR832 and Dovetail like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Dovetail (10-18-2018), PJR832 (10-18-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Thanks
    Jgayman's photos show how I made the fittings.

I would take photos, but my schedule this week has me leaving the house before sun-up, and by the time I get home and changeinto work clothes to crawl under the tractor to take the photo, it would be dark. I will try next week.

Looking at your photos, you could extend the two right most fittings to get the necessary clearance ahead of the black piece below the connectors.

Davee
    PJR832 and Dovetail like this.
    1990 955
    Curtis Cab
    Model 59 2 stage snowblower
    72" mid mount mower
    Model 70A loader with Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders

1990 420 repowered with V Twin Honda
    Cozy Cab
    Model 47 2 stage snowblower
    60" mid mount mower
    3 bag Material Collection System