• 4 Post By Levi
  • 3 Post By mahd7766

Thread: Adjusting 3 point hitch.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Thanks

Adjusting 3 point hitch.

Have a 2018 Gen 2 2025R. Its equiped with a I-Match quick hitch. I have used a Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter and ballast box on the 3 point with no problems this past 3 months. I have recently aquired a Frontier GM1060 rear finish mower. Using that RFM the other day I would get a occasional chattering noise which I concluded was my right 3 point side sway adjuster is hitting the edge of the tread on the right rear tire. So I need to adjust my 3 point. Also when lifted RFM is not level. I am going to park machine in drive way which is fairly flat. Unhook RFM and leave I-Match on 3 point. Then adjust the lower lift arms for level from side to side. Then adjust side sway links to remove almost all side to side movement but leave a small amount.
    So my question is if doing this with the I-Match should I be good to go with other attachments without having to readjust? I would think so but asking for input from those way more experienced with a 3 point machine than I am. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mahd7766; 10-16-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Yes, if you are using an iMATCH then once adjusted it will work for all of you iMATCH compatible implements as the hitch points don't change. The right side lift link is adjustable on the 3 point so that you can angle certain implements such as a back blade or box blade, adjust to level with that and you should be good to go with your mowers.

John Deere Parts Catalog

Part #18 is your adjustable link.
    Last edited by PJR832; 10-16-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Gizmo2, North585, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Depending on which implement you hook up to you might have to readjust the center link to make it level. Between my tiller and disc the center link isn't adjusted the same.
    North585, BigJim55, keane and 1 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahd7766 View Post
    Have a 2018 Gen 2 2025R. Its equiped with a I-Match quick hitch. I have used a Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter and ballast box on the 3 point with no problems this past 3 months. I have recently aquired a Frontier GM1060 rear finish mower. Using that RFM the other day I would get a occasional chattering noise which I concluded was my right 3 point side sway adjuster is hitting the edge of the tread on the right rear tire. So I need to adjust my 3 point. Also when lifted RFM is not level. I am going to park machine in drive way which is fairly flat. Unhook RFM and leave I-Match on 3 point. Then adjust the lower lift arms for level from side to side. Then adjust side sway links to remove almost all side to side movement but leave a small amount.
    So my question is if doing this with the I-Match should I be good to go with other attachments without having to readjust? I would think so but asking for input from those way more experienced with a 3 point machine than I am. Thanks in advance!
    While doing trim work today with the GT275 I found a good size retaining pin laying in the grass where I had been using the 2025R with the RFM. I thought that probably explains why the RFM was not raising anywhere close to level. Sure enough the left 3 point trailing arm was off its attaching pin and resting on the draw bar. No wonder it was not raising level. Put it back on its pin and backed tractor into garage. Adjusted the lift link to the point it is level side to side all the way up and all the way down. Then adjusted the side sway turnbuckles so I have at most a inch either way from center. Hooked the RFM back up and everything looks good. Point taken on adjusting the top link for front to back level. Thanks for the help!
    North585, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements