Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Multiple Implements using at the same time

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks

Multiple Implements using at the same time

Does anyone know how I can figure out what kind of implements I can use at the same time. For example: I would like a setup with a flail mower up front and a tiller on the back so I can go at it in one go. I’ve seen this setup on bigger tractors but is the horse power sufficient on a 3038R ? Of will I end up with smaller implements?
    I have a 51” flail mower so I would also like a 50” tiller or so.

I do not own a 3038R yet, but that would be a choice for me because the 3045R only comes with an e-hydro.
    Ferguson TEF20, Muratori Flailmower, TORO mower,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    If I understand the question correctly you would need a front 3 point hitch and front Pto. I am no expert but I would guess you would run out of PTO HP trying to run both at same time assuming you could actually have both attachments on at the same time
    2017 2038R, 220R loader, AF12 pallet forks, 6 60# wheel weights, ballast box, Dual Rear SCVs, Premium LED lighting kit

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iRay47 View Post
    Does anyone know how I can figure out what kind of implements I can use at the same time. For example: I would like a setup with a flail mower up front and a tiller on the back so I can go at it in one go. I’ve seen this setup on bigger tractors but is the horse power sufficient on a 3038R ? Of will I end up with smaller implements?

I do not own a 3038R yet, but that would be a choice for me because the 3045R only comes with an e-hydro.

Not sure about the 3038 but my 2038 will not operate the front and rear PTO at the same time. You can operate the mid-PTO and rear PTO at the same time. Even if you could operate the front and rear at the same time I wouldn't do it for what you are looking to do. Flail mow high grass then try to till it up will only clog up your tiller. Mow off the high grass, then spray with killer, disk it up, then run your tiller over it.
    wentonbrown, PJR832 and Steve O like this.
    Tractor (2038R) with stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacenJason View Post
    Not sure about the 3038 but my 2038 will not operate the front and rear PTO at the same time. You can operate the mid-PTO and rear PTO at the same time. Even if you could operate the front and rear at the same time I wouldn't do it for what you are looking to do. Flail mow high grass then try to till it up will only clog up your tiller. Mow off the high grass, then spray with killer, disk it up, then run your tiller over it.
    Your 2038R has a front PTO? I thought all 2-series just had a mid and rear PTO? The mid PTO uses a long drive shaft that runs up to the front for front-mounted implements. Which would mean you can't run a front and mid mounted implement at the same time.

You can run a front and rear PTO implement at the same time... i.e. front snow blower and 3PH mounted salt spreader.
    Last edited by jgayman; 10-19-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    RacenJason likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    This is the only multiimplent that I know of . It's the John Deere do all. Couple of guys that rent my land for the crops use these .

john deere do all cultivator - Bing images

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Thanks
    I’ve run a MMM at a 6” tall cut setting and my flail mower down at 3” at the same time. Mostly just to try it. HP is marginal on a 2038 to do it. There isn’t any real benefit with my setup. Maybe if I had a RFM using the MMM to precut the tall stuff might eliminate needing a 2nd pass, IDK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 2038r 72” MMM Command Cut 220r loader

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Your 2038R has a front PTO? I thought all 2-series just had a mid and rear PTO? The mid PTO uses a long drive shaft that runs up to the front for front-mounted implements. Which would mean you can't run a front and mid mounted implement at the same time.

You can run a front and rear PTO implement at the same time... i.e. front snow blower and 3PH mounted salt spreader.
    Hahaha no front PTO. it was early when I chimed in. Yeah your are right can run long shaft so yes front and rear PTO would work at same time. still don't recommend what OP wants to do. thanks
    Tractor (2038R) with stuff.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iRay47 View Post

I'm always hesitant to say "never" because most times someone will come along and point out a way to do it. But in this case I'm pretty confident saying that you cannot run a conventional flail mower from the front of a 3-series tractor. I don't even think there is such a thing. Front implements on a 3-series tractor are pretty much limited to a snow blower, a plow and things that can attach to the loader.

Like you said, some big agricultural tractors have a 3-point hitch on the front along with a PTO and full hydraulics.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    @danselec07
    Uhm, have to say honestly I've never thought about it that a compact tractor might be limited to that. I just assumed that it was possible I guess, because I've seen lots of bigger tractors work front and rear implements at the same time.

@RasonJason
    I don't see why I would clog up the tiller. The reason I have a flail mower is that it cuts the grass and weeds up to little pieces and not like a cyclo-mower just cuts the product and leaves the whole length flat on the ground. Do you have other experience?
    As you describe it I will need 4 phases. The idea is to do it in 1.
    But I don't know if the horse power on a compact tractor is sufficient. The bigger tractors I've seen doing this have more hp but also mowers and tillers of 8 to 9 feet.

So I am wondering can I still use a flail mower and tiller of 4 to 4,5 feet or do I end up with implements of 3 ft or so? Due to lack of power.
    Because there is no point in saving time on the number of phases but have to do a lot more runs up and down the fields because you do less ft in a run.

@jgayman
    To my knowledge and backed-up by the build-your-own page of JD you can order a 3p hitch for a 3 series.
    -->>But I now see that they limit that to the 3033 and 3046...
    And yes there a smaller versions of a reversed flail mower, not many but they exist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2018-10-19 à 22.34.50.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	653462
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MT40F.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	653460
    Last edited by iRay47; 10-19-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Robnik likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamone View Post
    I’ve run a MMM at a 6” tall cut setting and my flail mower down at 3” at the same time. Mostly just to try it. HP is marginal on a 2038 to do it. There isn’t any real benefit with my setup. Maybe if I had a RFM using the MMM to precut the tall stuff might eliminate needing a 2nd pass, IDK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 2038r 72” MMM Command Cut 220r loader
    I've seen that too. When vegetation is very dense they put the front mower on a higher position to cut off the length, and take out the mass, and the rear mower to the desired hight to finish to job.

And we have a lot of fields with dense vegetation around here.
    Robnik likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast