Someone talk me out of this idea...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Someone talk me out of this idea...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks

Someone talk me out of this idea...

So living in Upstate NY and having a 600' driveway with two turnarounds, I move my share of snow with an Ariens snow blower. I big one. It's a beast.

But on those days we have just a little bit of snow or I'm in the mood to play, I'm thinking about making a small plow for the 1025R. I have an Artillian front plate with a 2" receiver inset. So why not just buy an ATV plow, fabricate a mount so it will attach the plow to the 2" receiver and use the FEL stick to control the movements? Think it would stress the loader arms? Or stress the Artillian front plate too much? Again, I wouldn't use it for heavy snowfalls, just the occasional light dustings.

I realize it wouldn't have any side to side motion, but I may just make the mount so it has a 15" angle to it so the plow isn't perfectly straight.

Anyone ever done it?
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2032R but I use the Artillian fork frame and with the QuickTach hitch adapter and mount my 54" Deere plow to the loader.

It works fine for plowing and I've used in plowing 28" deep snow and 8" of solid slush. It's gone through everything I've thrown at it over the last 3 winters. The overall system has a little more slop in it than I like but ya can't have everything, right?
    Levi and Herminator like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Just let the light dusting sit there. Playing with small snow fall gets to be a drag in short order. Soon it becomes a chore and not an adventure. IMHO find something more fun/enjoyable to pass the time. When it builds up enough to snowblow then take care of it.

Check snowfall weather maps to get the most out of your efforts. Often the dusting just melt away with the sun.
    Levi likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Why not just use the loader bucket for small snowfalls?
    ColonyPark, Levi, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    With edge tamers. and they are multi-use.
    ColonyPark and Levi like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I just had a brand new driveway put in and I hate the thought of scratching up the perfect black asphalt with my bucket. Will the edge tamers prevent that?

With a plow I can use a sacrificial polymer edge to prevent damage....
    ColonyPark, akneppar and PJR832 like this.
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks
    This has been discussed before and quite a few folks here have a loader mounted plow. I purchased the Deere quick attach plow and than the Artillian parts needed to mount the plow on the loader. I purchased the Rigid UHMW Cutting Edge to protect the driveway and to scrape the surface as clean as possible. Also got the pallet folks.

I used this setup for 2 seasons now and I do not see a need for a blower of any type. My drive is 100' and straight, so I just push the snow right across our road to the other side. I do like the power angle, I think you would want that. Depending on your conditions you could move the snow to the sides and than use the blower to clean up. I use the tractor for all snow that the leaf blower does not work on, which is really just a dry dusting. With the FEL you can really pile up the snow, just start the season pushing it back as far as you can and as you are pushing into a pile just lift up the plow.

This has really worked great for me and it was another reason for the tractor purchase.

Kevin
    Last edited by TractorDude; 10-23-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Levi likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    So living in Upstate NY and having a 600' driveway with two turnarounds, I move my share of snow with an Ariens snow blower. I big one. It's a beast.

But on those days we have just a little bit of snow or I'm in the mood to play, I'm thinking about making a small plow for the 1025R. I have an Artillian front plate with a 2" receiver inset. So why not just buy an ATV plow, fabricate a mount so it will attach the plow to the 2" receiver and use the FEL stick to control the movements? Think it would stress the loader arms? Or stress the Artillian front plate too much? Again, I wouldn't use it for heavy snowfalls, just the occasional light dustings.

I realize it wouldn't have any side to side motion, but I may just make the mount so it has a 15" angle to it so the plow isn't perfectly straight.

Anyone ever done it?
    I have an 82" SnowBear Plow that plugs into a 2" receiver hitch on the front of my truck or the adaptor plate I have on the Front End Loader of my 2038R.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D310B70E-B96D-4839-A9DF-AF0C5DDDCBE0_1540316341533.jpeg   3F82C883-22D5-4105-B3D4-7A60961B3640_1540316491888.jpeg  
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 10-23-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    ColonyPark, Levi, keane and 3 others like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    I just had a brand new driveway put in and I hate the thought of scratching up the perfect black asphalt with my bucket. Will the edge tamers prevent that?

With a plow I can use a sacrificial polymer edge to prevent damage....
    I would say not totally, they would be the same as regular skids on a plow, I didn't realize you had a nice black top driveway.
    ColonyPark and JD4044M like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I would say not totally, they would be the same as regular skids on a plow, I didn't realize you had a nice black top driveway.
    YES, A high density plastic on the bottoms of the skids will save the scratches on the driveway pavement. I have done this to my snowblower skids and it also slides nicer.
    keane, akneppar and JD4044M like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast