Loader Storage No Bucket
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Loader Storage No Bucket

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Loader Storage No Bucket

    I searched the forum a bit and apologized if I just missed these questions being asked and answered.

    Can the 120r loader be removed without an attachment like the bucket or forks on?

    Once the loader is off the tractor can you compress the cylinders to are at a bit prior to disconnecting the hydros?

    Thanks All.

    Mark

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,676
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 880 Times in 674 Posts
    Yes, you can take the loader off without a bucket on. Some people do that. Most people don't. IMO, it is easier to dismount and mount the loader with the bucket on. But some people have storage issues so.. it is what it is.

    And yes, the hydraulics will work as long as they are connected. You can dismount the loader, back up a couple of inches, work the cylinders as needed and then disconnect the hydro lines. You won't have a lot of play in the lines but there will be a little. Once the loader is off you can pull up along side it, connect the hydro lines and do whatever you might need to do.
    Levi likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 372 Times in 195 Posts
    Without the bucket, the center of gravity will be higher on the loader arms alone. And you won't have the stabilizing base that the bucket provides. The parking stand is narrow compared to the bucket.

    Those loader arms are heavy. I vaguely remember a warning in the manual that says the bucket must be present. There's probably a good reason for that.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    jdforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Posts
    1,839
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 477 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Yes, you can take the loader off without a bucket on. Some people do that. Most people don't. IMO, it is easier to dismount and mount the loader with the bucket on. But some people have storage issues so.. it is what it is.

    And yes, the hydraulics will work as long as they are connected. You can dismount the loader, back up a couple of inches, work the cylinders as needed and then disconnect the hydro lines. You won't have a lot of play in the lines but there will be a little. Once the loader is off you can pull up along side it, connect the hydro lines and do whatever you might need to do.
    If you have pallet forks, remove the forks and just leave the pallet frame attached to the loader. It is much easier to dismount the loader with some weight attached to it. The frame won't take up that much extra space, if that is your concern. I do not suggest that you retract your cylinders after the loader is removed, as they may leak down, making it very hard to remount the loader. You should fully extend the loader so it is completely resting on the parking stand. In this manner the stand holds the loader up without pressure on the hydraulic cylinders. If you don't have a pallet fork, just figure out a way to weigh the loader down until it is discounted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullSizeR.jpg
    Last edited by jdforever; 11-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    Greg

    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

    2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replyís guys especially the suggestion to use the fork bracket worked flawlessly.
    jdforever and Herminator like this.

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 06:00 PM
    Location
    Minn
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wondering if construction details have been posted for the wheels, stands, etc. Iím seriously thinking about putting one together. My shed is too small and would be helpful if I could roll it out of way. Iím 80 and worry about tripping . Thanks, so much ! Dan



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  9. Top | #7
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,443
    Thanks
    5,064
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 2,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceagain View Post
    Wondering if construction details have been posted for the wheels, stands, etc. I’m seriously thinking about putting one together. My shed is too small and would be helpful if I could roll it out of way. I’m 80 and worry about tripping . Thanks, so much ! Dan



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Dan, if you search the term “dollies” you’ll find many threads about building them for backhoes and loaders.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

    Onceagain†(11-08-2018)

  11. Top | #8
    Jester_2320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Location
    Cumberland, Rhode Island
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    If you have pallet forks, remove the forks and just leave the pallet frame attached to the loader. It is much easier to dismount the loader with some weight attached to it. The frame won't take up that much extra space, if that is your concern. I do not suggest that you retract your cylinders after the loader is removed, as they may leak down, making it very hard to remount the loader. You should fully extend the loader so it is completely resting on the parking stand. In this manner the stand holds the loader up without pressure on the hydraulic cylinders. If you don't have a pallet fork, just figure out a way to weigh the loader down until it is discounted.

    Just a quick question on your statemnt about fully extending the loader. I just looked at the manual and it states:

    Extend lift cylinders until parking stand (B) contacts ground and masts (A) completely lift off frames

    I have been only extending them enough to be high enough to drive out and compensate for a little settling and never had an issue. Just wondering why you say fully extend.

  12. Top | #9
    jdforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Posts
    1,839
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 477 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester_2320 View Post
    Just a quick question on your statemnt about fully extending the loader. I just looked at the manual and it states:

    Extend lift cylinders until parking stand (B) contacts ground and masts (A) completely lift off frames

    I have been only extending them enough to be high enough to drive out and compensate for a little settling and never had an issue. Just wondering why you say fully extend.
    Sorry, I thought my post was self explanatory. If you should ever experience leak down, you will then understand why you should fully extend the loader cylinders. The attached YouTube by Tractor Tim should further explain the concept. Watch the whole video as TTWT better explains it than maybe I did.

    John Deere 1025R Loader removal/storage on rollers/caster wheels. - YouTube

    PS: My post is referring to a JD 1025R/120R or H120 loader.
    Last edited by jdforever; 11-08-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Tractor Tim likes this.
    Greg

    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

    2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jdforever For This Useful Post:

    Tractor Tim†(11-10-2018)

  14. Top | #10
    Jester_2320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Location
    Cumberland, Rhode Island
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Sorry, I thought my post was self explanatory. If you should ever experience leak down, you will then understand why you should fully extend the loader cylinders. The attached YouTube by Tractor Tim should further explain the concept. Watch the whole video as TTWT better explains it than maybe I did.

    John Deere 1025R Loader removal/storage on rollers/caster wheels. - YouTube
    ah, i missed the leak down statement.
    jdforever and Tractor Tim like this.

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts