47" JD snow blower - linear accuator ??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 47" JD snow blower - linear accuator ??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks

Lightbulb 47" JD snow blower - linear accuator ??

OK, so after using the 1025r extensively this winter (CT) , i am of the opinion i need a linear accuator to control the chute. I understand from reading posts etc.... you need the right controller and HD accuator to avoid moisture and cold temps from effecting the accuator over time. I also need the disconnects as I remove the soft cab in summer ...

I see a seller on Ebay that has a quick connect type of system but looks to be good for a cigarette plug (so i would need to add that as the accrssory outlet is not in a good place on 1025 for such a quick connect.)

Anyone have experience with the Ebay sellers kit, he is in maine, and hook up on 1025R ?
    COst is 160-200 based on controller etc.. I want to do this once so cost better best and basic is insignificant in the grad scheme of things..

I have a soft cab and electric heater and lights all which i love ... So this is absolutely a net step for me...

All comments and thoughts appreciated..
    BigJim55 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 08:01 AM
    Thanks
    Try these guys. They are the ones I got my parts from

Your Shopping Cart – Firgelli Automations Canada

I also ordered their weatherproof boot and brackets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0690.JPG  
    BigJim55 and tj1 like this.
    Current: 3320 HST cab with 59" front blower, Hydraulic chute deflector, Vertical Exhaust, Front Fenders,
    Grooved and loaded Front and Rear R-4's
    External Mirrors, Jensen Bluetooth Radio / Headset. Front Hydraulics
    Whelen warning lights, JD366 front blade
    Gone: X595 with heated cozy cab,stainless vertical exhaust

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Thanks
    I purchased the bare kit from the maine ebay seller for $149.95 plus shipping. I also bought a replacement switch from zoro tools that fits the factory knockout for the mower deck lift as the one he provides is more square. I have yet to install it but when I do I will be using power from the mower deck lift harness right behind the knockout.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2013 4720 with 400cx loader and 4-n-1 bucket ,485 backhoe with 18" bucket. Soon to come Artillian HD forks,TSC 7' tiller,I- match,Hydraulic box blade,frontier rear 7' snowblower,7' frontier snow blade and root grapple. SOLD2013 John Deere 1025r filb with alot of #hit that's more than 500 characters apparently!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 03:24 AM
    Thanks
    I put one on. See posts #111 and #123 in the link below.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post171796
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Correction to my above post
    Here is a better link for parts to assemble the project

Linear Actuators for a Snow Blower Chute – Firgelli Automations

Also to answer your original question I believe this E-Bay seller has it covered
    I personally would opt out of a wireless remote and use a manual double pole double throw switch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-H...70c384&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by dzldanz; 02-16-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    JohnDeereYooper likes this.
    Current: 3320 HST cab with 59" front blower, Hydraulic chute deflector, Vertical Exhaust, Front Fenders,

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dzldanz For This Useful Post:

jeffro3604 (04-04-2015), nicksteck (04-27-2016)

9. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dzldanz View Post
    Try these guys. They are the ones I got my parts from

Your Shopping Cart – Firgelli Automations Canada

I also ordered their weatherproof boot and brackets
    I ordered everything for mine at Firgelli's, except for #16 wire, waterproof connector and fuse connection, Local NAPA carries all this. I used a momentary rocker switch and also used a #5-2.25"X1/4" bolt with plastic washers up top instead of the attachment bracket. I bought the 115 pound actuator rated to keep water out (and it does) 4" stroke actuator. It almost fit right in the drilled lower two holes from JD, Almost, so I moved the unit forward 1/2" to clear the small bolt that keeps the spout on, I also had to shape the bracket so the actuator could go straight up (if you do not it will hit the actuator body). I love it. Sorry no pics on line yet but I did read this entire thing on another forum with pics. Can't remember which forum but it isn't hard to find and it is also not hard to install. Ran the electric right to the battery and mounted the switch on the dash, that took a little steadiness with my mini die grinder to get it right but take your time and it will look factory. Use wire loom, take your time and no one will know it didn't come that way. By the way I used the 115LB rated unit because I have a friend that is in charge of maintenance at a local college and he claims the units with a less rating have issues with the top seal of the actuator popping off because of the heavy snow if you are trying to lower the spout while blowing.. I believed him and I am not worried at all about this ever having that issue. The forum I read used a 4lb unit.. Maybe I used overkill but better to be safe then sorry. It cycles fully in about 4-5 seconds,, not bad at all. Like $114.00 bucks US
    Jeff
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    "115LB rated unit because I have a friend that is in charge of maintenance at a local college and he claims the units with a less rating have issues with the top seal of the actuator popping off because of the heavy snow if you are trying to lower the spout while blowing.. I believed him and I am not worried at all about this ever having that issue. The forum I read used a 4lb unit.. Maybe I used overkill but better to be safe then sorry. It cycles fully in about 4-5 seconds,, not bad at all. Like $114.00 bucks US"

Thanks
    Good to know. I went with a 35 lb unit. I will keep your comments in mind

I'll bet you are getting a lot of use out of it these last few weeks?
    tj1 likes this.

11. Top | #8
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    "115LB rated unit because I have a friend that is in charge of maintenance at a local college and he claims the units with a less rating have issues with the top seal of the actuator popping off because of the heavy snow if you are trying to lower the spout while blowing.. I believed him and I am not worried at all about this ever having that issue. The forum I read used a 4lb unit.. Maybe I used overkill but better to be safe then sorry. It cycles fully in about 4-5 seconds,, not bad at all. Like $114.00 bucks US"

Thanks
    Good to know. I went with a 35 lb unit. I will keep your comments in mind

I'll bet you are getting a lot of use out of it these last few weeks?
    I believe you are good with the #35 rated unit. And YES more usage than I really want! I have read some actuators freeze up, this has not and I don't think it ever will. With the fluffy 12-20" snow storms we have had that actuator has paid for itself many times over. My 42" Berco has all electric but that boy is on the back burner these days. No way can it compare to the removal speed of the 47" JD. I go overboard on everything, My father was; let's say "frugal", and everything he bought broke! Me, I want things to last forever, cost doesn't mean to much if you buy good products, heck we bought John Deere's didn't we!!
    Last edited by tj1; 02-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tj1 For This Useful Post:

dzldanz (02-16-2015)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have a retired bulldozer operator in Princeton and he is pretty busy moving snow with his vintage Bombardier tracked plow

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Thanks
    Correction to my above post
    Here is a better link for parts to assemble the project

Linear Actuators for a Snow Blower Chute – Firgelli Automations

Also to answer your original question I believe this E-Bay seller has it covered
    I personally would opt out of a wireless remote and use a manual double pole double throw switch

John Deere HD 47 Snow Blower Thrower Electronic Spout Chute Control Mod 455 | eBay
    That is the way I went but I discarded his dpdt switch and bought one that fit the factory knockout.
    Last edited by JohnDeereYooper; 02-17-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    2013 4720 with 400cx loader and 4-n-1 bucket ,485 backhoe with 18" bucket. Soon to come Artillian HD forks,TSC 7' tiller,I- match,Hydraulic box blade,frontier rear 7' snowblower,7' frontier snow blade and root grapple. SOLD2013 John Deere 1025r filb with alot of #hit that's more than 500 characters apparently!

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast