Has anyone added hydraulic angle to the Frontier AF10F loader snow plow?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Has anyone added hydraulic angle to the Frontier AF10F loader snow plow?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks

Has anyone added hydraulic angle to the Frontier AF10F loader snow plow?

Ok so I am between the CTA loader plow and the Frontier Plow 60 inch model for the 1025r. I have the Artillian diverter installed so I want to use a Hydraulic Angle for the plow.
    The frontier I know is manual but has anyone that owns one looked at upgrading it or has done so? Only reason I知 thinking of that is because it is about 280 lbs lighter than the CTA model and in stock at a few dealers. And if it can be done and total price be less than the CTA then I値l go that route. I do have a 54 JD snow blade and quick hitch that I was thinking of using that cylinder for this job but think it will work better with a proper length cylinder.

If not I知 ready to pull the trigger on a CTA plow as the HLA is going to be $2600 so I知 going to pass on that as both of these are under that by a good amount.

Would the weight actually be better in this application? I usually just feather the controls and don稚 use float as my rubber blade works great so the front wheels will have some weight to them. Seems like when I use float with the 54 quick hitch blade if I try turning with the snow I知 fighting the direction. I have turfs and do use 4WD if needed.
    Gizmo2 and BigJim55 like this.
    2013 JD X500 HDAPS, 48", 7 BU Power Flow Sold
    2017 JD X570 48
    2016 JD 1025R, 54" MMM, H120 FEL, Imatch, KBOGH, Kens Extended Quick Hitch Hook,Ken's 6" Step, and various others,Piranha Bar, JD 18 CART, JD Broadcast Spreader, King Kutter 48" Rototiller, Compact Tractor Attachments 60 Loader Mounted Plow,Artillian Diverter Kit, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Hitch, 12 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Land Pride BB1254 Box Scraper (Blade), Land Pride CA1548 Aerator, Titan UA 42 Pallet Forks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winter83 For This Useful Post:

wentonbrown(11-10-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    I can稚 actually speak to the Frontier plow, but I did take my HLA snow 1000 series 60 manual angle plow and convert it to hydraulic angling for use with my Artillian diverter.

The HLA used a sliding sleeve with a thru pin for adjustments, substituting a dual acting cylinder was a matter of matching the lengths, end pin sizes and widths and getting fittings and hoses to the diverter ports.

If the Frontier uses a single adjustment point/bar to angle it, it should be a matter of matching a cylinder and swapping them out.
    BigJim55, wentonbrown and Winter83 like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

wentonbrown(11-10-2018), Winter83(11-10-2018)

6. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I can稚 actually speak to the Frontier plow, but I did take my HLA snow 1000 series 60 manual angle plow and convert it to hydraulic angling for use with my Artillian diverter.

The HLA used a sliding sleeve with a thru pin for adjustments, substituting a dual acting cylinder was a matter of matching the lengths, end pin sizes and widths and getting fittings and hoses to the diverter ports.

If the Frontier uses a single adjustment point/bar to angle it, it should be a matter of matching a cylinder and swapping them out.
    Great thanks! It looks like the frontier plow uses a pin in the middle I知 sure there is a spot on either side that can get a tab or steel bolted to and then pick a DA cylinder. Projects like this I wish I welded, I should really learn. For now bolts should work though.
    BigJim55 and wentonbrown like this.
    2017 JD X570 48
    2016 JD 1025R, 54" MMM, H120 FEL, Imatch, KBOGH, Kens Extended Quick Hitch Hook,Ken's 6" Step, and various others,Piranha Bar, JD 18 CART, JD Broadcast Spreader, King Kutter 48" Rototiller, Compact Tractor Attachments 60 Loader Mounted Plow,Artillian Diverter Kit, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Hitch, 12 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Land Pride BB1254 Box Scraper (Blade), Land Pride CA1548 Aerator, Titan UA 42 Pallet Forks

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    I have the AF10F and just priced the hydraulic angling kit at my dealer, I think the price was $675. They printed out the diagram for me and the parts seem to connect to features that my AF10F doesn't have (tabs and holes). I would have to add the diverter as well, so even if it fit, the total cost would be prohibitive. I suspect that there are two versions of this plow, and that I have the earlier one (purchased January 2018).
    BigJim55, mark02tj and Winter83 like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marlinguidegun For This Useful Post:

Winter83(11-12-2018)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Is should add that after most of a long winter plowing without the angling feature, I'm not sure that I even want it. Though it is nice to use, it complicates switching between the plow and the bucket or even forks, and I seem to be doing that switch pretty often. Plow with the blade, and then move a snow bank with the bucket and then back to the blade.

Also, when you set the blade down, always put it against something such as a curb or snow pile as it is fairly light and can be tricky to pick up if there isn't enough resistance to movement.

I'm pretty happy with the AF10F, I never felt the need for the rubber flap on the top. I wish that I had video of it pushing a 3' high rolling wave of snow as it is a thing of beauty to behold. It has great rolling action and the flap isn't needed.

I live on a hill and have some snow to plow nearly every day in the winter, but after a snowfall exceeding about 12", the walk behind blower comes out and the plow is just used for cleanup. I find that both tools are needed if you live in snow country. On the other hand, the blower is useless if there is any slush and the plow is essential. I just got the Original Tractor Cab and this year should be much more pleasant.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marlinguidegun For This Useful Post:

mark02tj(11-12-2018), Winter83(11-12-2018)

12. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinguidegun View Post
    I have the AF10F and just priced the hydraulic angling kit at my dealer, I think the price was $675. They printed out the diagram for me and the parts seem to connect to features that my AF10F doesn't have (tabs and holes). I would have to add the diverter as well, so even if it fit, the total cost would be prohibitive. I suspect that there are two versions of this plow, and that I have the earlier one (purchased January 2018).

Interesting, if you could attach the diagram or the part numbers that would be great. I値l check on the JD parts site as well.I looked last year and did not see a factory solution guess now they did make one. I have the artillian setup for the front lines so it would just be the the plow side I壇 need to do. As of now I have a quote for the HLA hydraulic angle for $2600.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 JD X570 48

13. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    The AF10F is an entirely new model as of last winter. I don't see how they'd have 2 different versions of it out already. Deere has also always said that it is a manual angle only plow. They don't offer an angling kit for it.

I suspect the kit your dealer found is the hydro angle kit for the AF11E blade. That would explain why the directions don't match up with your plow. All of the framework between the JDQA bracket and the moldboard is completely different between the two models.
    Kennyd, North585, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

14. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    The AF10F is an entirely new model as of last winter. I don't see how they'd have 2 different versions of it out already. Deere has also always said that it is a manual angle only plow. They don't offer an angling kit for it.

I suspect the kit your dealer found is the hydro angle kit for the AF11E blade. That would explain why the directions don't match up with your plow. All of the framework between the JDQA bracket and the moldboard is completely different between the two models.
    No, I just checked. It clearly is for the AF10F, header to the diagram is: John Deere>Turf And Utility>BLADE>AF10F-BLADE>AF10F Front Blade (Frontier)(PC13279)>0 Front Blade > Hydraulic Angle Kit (Optional) - ST937878

I went to the dealer because I found it as a listed option online (it wasn't offered initially).
    North585, BigJim55, JimR and 1 others like this.

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    No, I just checked. It clearly is for the AF10F, header to the diagram is: John Deere>Turf And Utility>BLADE>AF10F-BLADE>AF10F Front Blade (Frontier)(PC13279)>0 Front Blade > Hydraulic Angle Kit (Optional) - ST937878

I went to the dealer because I found it as a listed option online (it wasn't offered initially).

Wow. That is just bizarre. I have no idea when that got added to JDParts. I've looked before and it wasn't there.

The image for the kit also shows mounting points (brackets) for it on the frame but if you look at the frame images, those brackets aren't there.

Maybe Deere has finally listened to customers complaining about the lack of hydro angling and decided to slip this kit in without any sort of announcement?? And if you do a search on that kit via Google... nothing. No one is advertising them. None of the usually parts sources list it in searches on their sites either.
    BigJim55 and Winter83 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I've looked before and it wasn't there.
    I never saw it before either, but if you go to the JD website, and "Build Your Own", you can add it as accessory code 9561 for $625. It's there now.
    Winter83 likes this.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast