Custom mounted 60" tapered loader snow plow - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Custom mounted 60" tapered loader snow plow

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks
    Plow guides are handy I put them on my Rear Blade and on my bucket during the winter to remind me of the end. Yesterday I looked back and watched while turning my up rear blade was 1 inch from tearing out the tail light on the Ranger! Glad it missed cause I would not have lived that one down on my first plowing of the year. I cut my box steel spacer for the skids and drilled it out to mount on my Pusher. Tomorrow I will pick up a new bottle of CO2/Argon gas for my welder plus the steel plates to go under the Poly Wear Skids. Figure the steel would be OK on my gravel but the Poly is easy to change out compared to cutting and welding up new steel skids. So I will only have to replace the bottom layer on them. Making the skids 6" x 24" and turned up ends bolted to 3/8" steel plate welded to 1 1/2" x1/4" box steel. All this goes under the 3" angle Iron on the sides.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2495.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	658676I also pounded out the small dent in the angle iron with a sledge hammer from hitting the corner once last year bending it some. This stuff sure takes a beating when used off road so to speak!
    Last edited by JD4044M; 11-25-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    wentonbrown likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    03-13-2019 @ 05:22 AM
    Thanks
    That worked really good for no welding
    JD4044M likes this.
    You can do a big job with a small machine but you cant do a small job with a big machine

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonR View Post
    That worked really good for no welding
    Yep, I'm quite happy with this. I was anticipating a lot of work, or a lot of money, or both. Ended up with neither!
    JD4044M likes this.
    1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    For less than half the cost of a Frontier AF10F, and less than 1/4 the cost of an HLA1000, I give you the custom fandangled snow plow I identify as model WTF60M whipped up in a few hours for a whopping $450. The plow is a KFI 60" tapered blade. Manual angle with a pin. The mounting bracket was for a Kubota UTV, but was nothing more than angle iron with clevis tabs. How convenient! So I drilled some 1/2" holes in my pallet fork frame and bolted on the bracket. The geometry works out perfectly. Then I got a 4ft safety orange chain (so I don't lose it), looped it around the upper cross member of the fork frame, and shackled it to the plow frame's existing lift points. Normally a UTV would have a winch to lift it up, but I don't need that obviously. So the chain is there permanently in place of a lift winch. I plan to put one of Kenny's bolt on clevis tabs up top for the chain to go through rather than looping around the cross member. I also need to get some markings on the level indicator and other components to indicate height and angle.

So I think this will actually work better than a traditional loader mounted plow. Since the plow frame is hinged on those clevis tabs, pivoting up and down within the limits of the chain, the plow can follow the contour of the ground. A plow hard mounted to the loader can't do that, and we've all learned that putting the loader in float just makes it worse. As DonR pointed out, this will also make hitting a curb or chunk of ice much less traumatic.

I had given this concept some thought in the past, but moved on since I was assuming I'd need to buy a JDQA plate, and pay a welder to mount a plow frame to it. So by the time I found a used plow, bought the JDQA, and paid a welder, I might as well just buy an AF10F for about the same cost. @DonR reminded me I have a fork frame, and could use that rather than buying a JDQA plate. Then the next day I found this plow on craigslist with mounting that would not require any welding. It ended up taking me about 2hrs grand total.

So, now that I've done this, it probably won't snow at all for the rest of the year. You're welcome Maryland.

Model WTF60M. Still laughing!
    mark02tj, PJR832, JD4044M and 1 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks
    The WTF60M snow plow finally got some use today. about 5" of snow overnight. It worked flawlessly. The ability to pivot on it's hinged mount let it follow the terrain just as I had hoped. So as the slope of the driveway changed, the plow didn't dig in, lift the wheels up, or lift of off the ground. I believe this is a huge advantage over a traditional loader mounted plow that does not pivot vertically. The way I set the plow shoes, I could vary the loader curl back to ride up more or dump forward a bit to let the blade into the ground. For $500, I'm ecstatic.

1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedals2Paddles For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (01-13-2019)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2